[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AY THE NEW MOUNTAIN GOATS ALBUM IS OUT LISTEN HERE: http://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

AY THE NEW MOUNTAIN GOATS ALBUM IS OUT

LISTEN HERE:
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528276196/first-listen-the-mountain-goats-goths
>>
>>72823714
It's not very good
Rain in Soho is the best song.
>>
>i'm hardcore / but i'm not that hardcore
i think the album is the bomb diggity
>>
We Do it Different on the West Coast is fucking great
>>
I usually go to The Mountain Goats for top notch songwriting, but in addition to that, the fact that there are no guitars opens the doors for really interesting Fender Rhodes sounds and production
>>
BLEEEEED BILE ALL NIGHT
INTO AN SM58
>>
7.2/10

Way better than expected.
>>
I still don't understand why they abandoned their aggressive lo-fi sound. Their first three albums are amazing but I have a hard time liking anything after.
>>
>>72823714
Why do indiefags and hipsters these days have such a hard on for goth as of late?
>>
>>72825039
Ott, is that you?
>>
>>72825039
As usual they just work on focusing on the oposite of the chromatic star of fads.

Social circles need contrast to define themselves properly and properly "exclude" that's what give validation the group due to an agreed "belonging"
>>
>>72825065
Sounds like a dull and depressing existence.
>>
>>72825058
Who is Ott?
>>
>>72823981
oh John.

Thanks OP, didn't know this was out.
>>
>>72824685
>I still don't understand why they abandoned their aggressive lo-fi sound.
because John never did it for "sound"
He did it because it was cheap and couldn't afford to rent a studio for the entirety of an album
Tallahassee is where that changed. Both Tallahassee and We Shall All Be Healed are as raw as the albums that come before them.
>>
>>72823740
If you're saying that solely because the album is pretty mellow I want to swift kick you in the nuts
>>72824685
How much musical diversity do you think you can achieve over 20+ years of writing music if all of your songs are just strumming like a mad cunt? Personally I like a lot of their releases, past and present, and I appreciate that John has been creative enough to consistently pump out music that has variety and ranges anywhere from good to fantastic.
>>
I'm not giving (((NPR))) pageviews
>>
Really good, better than Beat the Champ. I expected Unicorn Tolerance to be shit but it's actually the jam. Apparently they recorded a song called Get High and Listen to The Cure, desperately need it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.