[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Patience is a virtue. Just ignore the noise and definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2023.jpg (112KB, 932x932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2023.jpg
112KB, 932x932px
>Patience is a virtue. Just ignore the noise and definitely filter anyone out of your life who uses music in a competitive way. If anyone asks you if you've heard of a band or heard a record, I mean, just delete that person from your life. When people ask me that, I invariably say no, whatever the case may be. And if they start to recommend it to me, I tell them it doesn't really sound like my kind of thing. Their discomfort and disappointment in not being able to use music in a way they should not be using it is a wonderful feeling.
>>
ottism
>>
>>72820646
What did he mean by this?
>>
it kinds of sound like bullshit but i believe it
>>
>>72820646
>If anyone asks you if you've heard of a band or heard a record,
i dunno how are you supposed to find out about new music through other people then? i do this quote often, it appears we wouldnt be friends very long. also isnt this the guy who got sacked from p4k?
>>
dude the cure lmAo dude swirlies haha
>>
a little extreme in my opinion
>>
nice head of hair
>>
>>72820646
Ott has basically always been 50% truth 25% unnecessary condescension and 25% complete bullshit.

So yeah, he's sort of right but you gotta filter out the bullshit from whatever he says.
>>
who
>>
>>72820646
/ourguy/
>>
i love chris ott in general, and i love the general idea behind this thought. i think what he means is you can't make a band or album "happen" by verbally spreading it. it's a form of hipster-ism to use musical knowledge to make more musical knowledge for the sake of it.

i think what he'd prefer is in a friend or social group just experiencing the music as it comes out. and if you happen to meet a stranger and are interested in their taste, ask them what *they* listen to.

gotta remember, he comes from the era of obscure crate digging in indie record stores where he could get a Cure bootleg or some shit. Obviously he can assume others haven't listened to the same stuff he has. He literally makes Spotify playlists for people to listen to it some of that obscure stuff.

The point is, he doesn't use the music as a social crutch. He listens to it and lets people know his taste (as a critic should), but I think he'd die before he decided what people should listen to for them. It's part of his whole hatred of the internet's treatment of music.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.