[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new Foo Fighters, bretty good desu https://www.youtube.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: ff.jpg (194KB, 1024x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
194KB, 1024x1000px
new Foo Fighters, bretty good desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgiGGItLdCw

>inb4 le epic shitposters who then unironically listen to Weezer, The Strokes, Nirvana and QoTSA lmao
>>
File: 1494653504001.jpg (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494653504001.jpg
196KB, 900x900px
the foo fighters are the worst thing to happen to rock music, being a bring nice guy, playing by the numbers repetitive rock music, never evolving, never experimenting. I remember there was this video were some guy was moshing or some shit and dave stopped him and says "this is a family event" or some shit.
>>
>>72813555
Formulaic and sterile, as usual

Go to bed Dave
>>
And weezer has changed, rivers is a dirty poptamist living inside of rock trojan horse.

The recent strokes incorporates electronic sounds and vapor wave aesthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA
>>
>>72813642
>you need to experiment to be good
Stop
>>
their self titled and The Colour And The Shape are good albums
>>
>>72813555
wtf, that sounds like nickelback, i mean, if i had a voice like that i would do something better than the same songs over and over again, what happened to this grohl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHL4Je-EhE
>>
>>72813699
no, you need to experiment to not make the same fucking album over and over and over again

christ man, even the rolling stones tried it out

go ask reznor how to make some bleep bloops dave
>>
>>72813699
>making the same repetitive shit over and over is good
holy shit, do you like Future Islands and The National too?
>>
You know what would be fucking surprising and interesting.
If the foo fighters made a shoegaze album.

Everyone would be like what the fuck
>>
>>72813783
>make the same fucking album over and over and over again
Who cares? If you like it is the only thing that matters
>even the rolling stones tried it out
Oh the most hated Stones album?
>>72813791
It's good if you like it

Never heard of Future Islands, sorry
>>
>>72813642

that's why I like the Foo Fighters. Some times I just want to hear straight-up rock-n-roll. Not everything needs to be a 2deep4u experimental experience.
>>
>>72813822
>Although individuals with autism usually appear physically normal and have good muscle control, they unusual repetitive motions, which may be called, stereotypic movement disorder, stereotypies or repetitive behaviors. Self-stimulation, or "stimming", is another common term for repetitive behavior.
>>
>>72813822
But do you get excited by their new material? That's the issue with Foo Fighters, when you know it's going to sound like more of the same regardless of how much you like the sound, why bother.
>>
>>72813642
Seriously - eat a dick
>>
>>72813872
>Lack of empathy. People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person's feelings, such as pain or sorrow.
You do know it's OK to like something you don't, right?
>>
>>72813882
>why bother.
Not him, but I don't. I just listen to the first two albums and the demo tapes. It's great music and that's more than enough. When people listen to Paul McCartney Bob Dylan do your really think they are talking about their shitty 80s albums?
>>
>>72813555
aside from them being formulaic they're not any worse than most rock bands today or in the 90s

the colour in the shape has some great songs also
>>
>>72813923
Fair enough but this thread did start because NEW FF is out.
>>
>>72813940
>Fair enough but this thread did start because NEW FF is out.
Is it really out? or is this just a live recording of some work-in-progress?
>>
>>72813748
This is the only thing I like by Dave Grohl. Friend of a Friend is a beautiful song
>>
>>72813962
I didn't actually click, desu.

I used to like FF but the only song I still have attachment to is Everlong for personal reasons.
>>
>>72813901
its a objective fact that the foo fighters are bland fucking garbage who have castrated rock music making it family fun night, with nice guy dave growl and you get to hear the same sounding shit over and over again.
>>
>>72813987
*tips fedora*
>>
Foo fighters is almost Nickelback tier
>>
>>72813987
>its a objective fact
How so?
>castrated rock music making it family fun night, with nice guy dave growl and you get to hear the same sounding shit over and over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j1mcgah7bw

Nice try
>>
Will always have a soft spot for the Foos. When I first started properly getting into music they were one of the bands I would listen to constantly, and they were one of the first gigs I went to. Great live band too.

Yeah as my tastes have evolved they are pretty inoffensive and radio friendly, but they've still done some great stuff. Wasting Light was a genuinely fantastic album.

Not surprised /mu/ hates them though, they don't try to be 2deep4u like the artists championed on here.
>>
>>72814005
pretty much, the only thing that saves him from being abolished to nickleback land is his association with nirvana.
>>
>>72813783
>what is sonic highways
>>
>>72813783
Go ask reznor looooool
>>72813822
Agree, but this kills the hype when a FF album gets announced. I like all FF songs, but their sound doesnt change between records. They have acoustic driven songs and rock n roll ones, thats it. What i like the most is the intensity and heart their songs have.

Dave should hang around more with Homme imo.
>>
>>72814035

fucking hell those drums though

Pisses me off that Dave decided to make bland music instead of the stuff similar to whats on late!
>>
>>72814829
>bland
Stop with this lazy buzzword
>>
>>72813901

What's up with the lack of empathy thing?

Had a friend that was in school he was depressed all the fucking time and I am pretty sure had autism or something. Although he was pretty empathetic from what i've seen.
>>
>>72814887
Do you even know what autism is?
>>
>>72814936

Yes faggot I delt with family members with it, just because you don't show sympathy often doesn't mean you aren't empathetic.
>>
>>72814968
>just because you don't show sympathy often doesn't mean you aren't empathetic.
That's because sympathy and empathy are two different things you bumblefuck
>>
>>72813642
>by the numbers repetitive rock music
Foo Fighters did invent a style for themselves and I've always been sad that their debut was a one off, I adored it.
For me I think that it's time for Dave to stop avoiding obvious rock approaches and go full blues Zepplin type stompin.
>>
>>72813822
then listen to the stooges you fucking idiot
only straight up rock band that ever mattered
>>
>>72813555
I actually like Foo Fighters, but this is shit. I had to turn it off halfway through.
>>
>>72815196
It's not even a finished song. Give it time
>>
>>72813642
Foo Fighters suck; however if you mosh to the foo fighters you suck too.
>>
Oh is this another Millennials shit on the scary guitar dadrock band episode?
>>
>>inb4 le epic shitposters who then unironically listen to Weezer, The Strokes, Nirvana and QoTSA lmao

literally all better than the Foo Fighters
>>
>>72813882

Yeah, I do. It's just music after all, no one gives a shit about what music you listen to aside from yourself. In a world where guitar music has been kicked off the radar, it's nice to see at least one band actively making that kind of music and selling out stadium arenas.
>>
>>72815812
>In a world where guitar music has been kicked off the radar, it's nice to see at least one band actively making that kind of music and selling out stadium arenas.
This.

How is it so bland compared to things that are popular like Taylor Swift or Beyonce or whatever?
>>
>>72815781
why
>>
File: qotsa.jpg (220KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
qotsa.jpg
220KB, 640x340px
>tfw new QotSA album won't be featuring any guests
>>
>>72815781

QOTSA are the best out of all of them, they make the best guitar rock today.

The Strokes were great until they thought experimenting was a good idea

90s Weezer is still classic

Foo Fighters make records for people who just want rock out guitar music. If that doesn't interest you, no one is forcing you to listen
>>
>>72815999
I'm not a fan of that, one thing I like about QotSA is the range of guests they have on an album
>>
I enjoy the first four records. After that, it becomes a lifeless mishmash. Grohl made lots of money, started taking himself seriously, became a showbiz whore and now thinks he's the ambassador of rock.
>>
>>72813748
This is a great release, "Milk" is probably the best thing Grohl has written.
>>
File: Random_Access_Memories.jpg (21KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
Random_Access_Memories.jpg
21KB, 329x329px
>>
>>72813806
>"God man you know what I just don't fucking get? Shoegaze music man, why are they playing so slow and why do they have all those pedals man what the fuck where is the RAWK where is Lemmy (god rest his soul) blasting out some epic chords man back in my day before Kurt died we had to go around and take all our equipment in our van we couldn't fit pedals in there man all we could fit was my big fucking nose and my need to butt in to every single topic. Now lemme name drop a few more people: Wipers, Fear, Green River."
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.