[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is does /mu/ considers metal an immature genre yet circlejerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1494047369124.png (259KB, 551x398px) Image search: [Google]
1494047369124.png
259KB, 551x398px
Why is does /mu/ considers metal an immature genre yet circlejerk the same indie and hiphop music.?I mean i don't think that crap is better than metal and even if it is there's no way it can even be considered more or less mature compared in comparison.
>>
>or less mature in comparison
fixed
>>
I don't know. It's stupid, as if there's anything wrong with 'immature' music.

As if AnCo, Radiohead, Kanye and stuff like them aren't cheesy and immature.
>>
>>72802823
because many of us were/knew cringey metal fans in high school and have our view of metal forever stained
>>
I think music in all forms is immature and most certainly adolescent in nature. The main exception I can think of is classical. Otherwise music as a whole is generally formed from the child like behavior and child like mindset of musicians, whether that's good or bad I'm not sure, but perhaps one day music will be explored in a different manner than the inner child of musicians.
>>
>>72804570
what youre trying to say is metal is for children
>>
>>72804570
OP here, I certainly agree with you on music being a vehicle for musicians to explore their inner self. What i'm not sure if i agree on is the vague notion of "childish" and what it costitutes, other that the simple belief of adulthood>childhood which frankly i detest.
I know i'm a little biased on this given i can't for life see adulthood as something desirable over the opposite, but there's always the concern in the back of my mind that overly mature music will lead to artistic stagnacy.
Please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just suspicious over the use of words like "maturity" in musical context (i'm not implying being particularly suspicious of you of course) and whether it would be a good idea for music to take such a turn.
>>
File: 1492450348764.jpg (64KB, 772x501px) Image search: [Google]
1492450348764.jpg
64KB, 772x501px
Metal takes more guitar skill than most things /mu/ listens to.
There I said it.
>>
>>72805033
>guitar skills in 2017

literally who cares faggot
>>
File: 1475015858403.jpg (57KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475015858403.jpg
57KB, 657x527px
>>72805043
>>
>>72805062
The tenor guitar is dead. Nobody uses hum-bucklers anymore, and if they do, they load a bunch of messy effects into them. What people don't understand is when you smear the entire production with effects, your song loses tons of detail, and that's why it is easy to go back and listen to 70's and 80's music.
>>
>>72805148
would you just shut the fuck up please
>>
>>72802823
popular music as a whole is immature
>>
>>72802823
Because rap talks about drugs and bitches, which is considered to be mature lyrical content. While metal talks about dragons and wizards which is immature.
>>
>itt: delicate virgin cucks
>>
>>72805306
>sex drugs and rockNroll
>>
>>72805338
how dare you
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (11KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
11KB, 222x227px
>It's Jeff "Mangum" not Jeff "Magnum"
fuck am I the only one that's been saying it wrong this whole time??
>>
>>72805411
Yeah, because Dark Side of the Moon is about getting high on a Tuesday evening and giving a white girl AIDS at a house party while smoking marijuana.
>>
>>72805148
Effects are literally the only reason guitar music is still somewhat relevant in 2017.
>>
>>72805476
Effects are cool, but you can't go autistic with them. Sometimes the guitar sounds too bright and then it sounds like a toy guitar or digital guitar, and other times they oversaturate the music space and conceal the other instruments.
>>
>>72805306
>>72805453
you gigantic faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cWlADD9i8
>>
>>72805554
Those drums dude. There's something called emphasis and when the drum playing are always at peak level, it never impresses. Another reason why I think modern metal tries too hard to be edgy.
>>
>>72805585
>1989 is now modern metal
wew lad. i think we're done here
>>
File: 1301421116458.jpg (39KB, 468x306px) Image search: [Google]
1301421116458.jpg
39KB, 468x306px
The reason why Metal is considered immature is because of metal fans.

That's it.
Metal musicians are usually decent people, or just average people, with the oddball here and there same as any other genre.

What really sets it apart and gives it a terrible reputation is the fans.
There's a lot of metal fans that end up being metal fans because they're literally too stupid to get into any other genre.

Is -every- metal fan like this?
No.
Are -most- metal fans like this?
Yes.
And they'll deny it over and over again but it's the simple truth, that's why the sterotype has been going on for decades.
>>
>>72805714
Why have diverse taste when you can just listen to the best?
:^)
>>
Better than metal. https://youtu.be/fr0H8TBo7DI
>>
>>72805714
Typical hip hop stans are usually more socially adjusted but equally as unbearable of people
>>
Anybody who thinks hip hop is more mature than anything is either a nigger, teenager, or suffering from severe white guilt.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.