[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just signed up for this today, is there anything I should know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (7KB, 373x135px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 373x135px
I just signed up for this today, is there anything I should know? Weird tips or something?

Are the <$1-2 CDs some sort of scam, or are they really that cheap (without shipping)?
>>
check the seller's feedback before buying
>>
why would you even want to buy cds you idiot
>>
>>72781773
I like them a lot, moreso than vinyl or download
>>
They're not a scam, they're just that cheap without shipping, though they might be promo copies, and they may be from abroad so shipping might be expensive
>>
>>72781811
why?
>>
>>72781819
Thanks mate

>>72781832
They are more durable and easy to care for, and I don't have to handle them like they're made out of glass

I think they sound better than records, it's just a subjective thing

It's easier to find more recent albums as opposed to vinyl

You don't need a super expensive setup for it to sound really good

I like the feel of the jewel casings

They are falling in popularity, meaning they're going for cheaper and cheaper, especially secondhand

Since they are on the decline, people are basically getting rid of them, I'll usually walk out of a Goodwill with 2-6 CDs but no intersting records

I can play them in my car

I don't have to flip it over

I like having a physical version of my music

They are fun to collect

And I've heard it's the closest you can get to a studio version, but don't quote me on that

They don't degrade so quickly

But it's really a subjective thing
>>
>>72782001
all are as true / truer for digital except for the feel of jewel casings
>>
>>72782026
That, and preferring a physical version/collecting them

I get an excitement out of buying a CD, reading the booklet notes, opening the case and putting it in the player
>>
>>72782001
mah nigga gets it. Only problem is when I need to go on a hike, run, or I'm at work and don't want to waste gas sitting in car. I've got my Ipod for that (It's an old touch, so Itunes is easily accessible plus a host of other apps without the whole phone thing fucking up my bill)

Actually, that brings me to another point. See, I DO prefer CDs, but I'm in far more situations that warrant an MP3. Problem is, where it is an older Ipod, that means I don't have the ability to download file sharing apps (the perils of using IOS 6 in an IOS 8+ world)
So, I've shelled out $120+ bucks in the past month on music (which, admittedly, makes me feel good considering I'm supporting artists who may actually benefit from my dime) but I also have a family and while I live comfortably, there are some times where I'd just want to enjoy music without shelling out the cash.

Don't suggest streaming apps like spotify, keep in mind it's an older Ipod. Suggestions?
>>
>>72782001
>>72782090
preach friendo
>>
>>72783298
Thank
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.