[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this actually isn't that bad and he's doin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>tfw this actually isn't that bad and he's doing stuff that isn't absolute pop trash

http://pitchfork.com/news/73502-watch-harry-styles-cover-kanye-wests-ultralight-beam/

>tfw seeing mindless fan girls of him that followed him purely for his looks/fame actually have to listen to him do music that isn't pop

FEELS GOOD.
>>
those fangirls are still smarter than kanye stans at least
>>
>>72781056
>He thinks Kanye isn't pop

Holy shit, how low /mu/ has fallen
>>
>>72781076
I agree that overly praising someones music to a ridiculous degree is dumb, but at least Kanye proved to have talent that garnered his fans in the first place. One Direction were a band that accumulated fame in the UK on the most low-brow trash television talent show on the whole of UK television, The X Factor. From their they primarily acquired more attention due to all of them being attractive in different ways.

There's nothing cringier to me than seeing someone worship someone based almost exclusively off their fame or looks.

This situation promotes an interesting dynamic to me that people who were drawn to Harry based of his looks now have to actually listen to music where he seems to be trying and not going for a generic pop sound that the bands known for. It's interesting cause a lot of the fangirls probably won't like it that much but it battles with their previous obsessive feelings of worship for his fame.
>>
>>72781141
Well there's a huge different between fucking One Directions sound and Kanye's whether you're classing them both as pop or not. Secondly, his take on the song isn't exactly that poppy if you listen to it.
>>
>>72781183
after meeting some kanye stans in real life, which was the most cringeworthy fucking thing ive ever seen, im a bit biased
>>
>>72781203
Fair enough lol, care to describe the encounter?
>>
>>72781056
(((Harry Styles))) is apparently next puppet up
>>
>>72781226
I agreed with this sentiment up until I saw this clip and thought of the dichotomy a lot of the fangirls are probably unknowingly in right now which I just find pretty funny.
>>
>>72781183
It sounds an awful lot like you're trying to compensate for the fact that you're embarrassed to be listening to a pop singer from a band marketed to teenage girls who is now being marketed to a wider audience (that also includes those 1D fans) in an attempt to remain commercially viable following their breakup. And yes, jerk-off pretentious losers like yourself are part of that market audience.

>It's interesting cause a lot of the fangirls probably won't like it that much but it battles with their previous obsessive feelings of worship for his fame.
Of course they'll like it, it's an accessible pop rock album that's also fairly well written. Have you ever talked to people in real life or do they run away the second they hear you start autistically screeching?
>>
>>72781183
>>72781620
And to be clear, only a few of these songs don't sound like they could have been performed by One Direction. They might be more focused and mature, but don't mistake them for something completely out of step with his old group.
>>
>>72781620
>It sounds an awful lot like you're trying to compensate for the fact that you're embarrassed to be listening to a pop singer from a band marketed to teenage girls who is now being marketed to a wider audience (that also includes those 1D fans) in an attempt to remain commercially viable following their breakup. And yes, jerk-off pretentious losers like yourself are part of that market audience.

Literally the opposite point I was trying to make, I don't even think his new stuffs that great and I can respect him for making a less generic sound. The point is I find it interesting watching people who primarily only listen to 1D style pop listen to the something different to what their used to, based on the fact he can now make something less commercial. It's cool to see people have to listen to something new, especially when it might go against the shallow pop sound they're used to.
>>
i like it, reminds me of 80s rock
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.