[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone with a major label record and publishing contract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: UK-major-label-map.jpg (112KB, 972x660px) Image search: [Google]
UK-major-label-map.jpg
112KB, 972x660px
Ask someone with a major label record and publishing contract anything (purple on the image). Been signed for a year.
>>
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>72780178
no
>>
>>72780156

Is it true that record labels are much more likely to just drop you today if you aren't selling immediately? pretty shitty if that's true, Billy Joel and Bob Dylan's first albums were utter failures for god's sake
>>
>>72780260
Yes. If you don't chart top 40 after album release in a major label that invested a significant amount, you're pretty much done after your tour's over. But that's majors, indies you have leeway.
>>
>>72780156
Does anyone meddle in any of your creative choices? i.e. tour, set design, setlist, album art, album sound, track listing, ect?
>>
>>72780289
:(
>>
>>72780798
no direct meddling, but a lot of 'strong advice' and suggstion, which if not followed could be trouble
>>
>>72780939
Can you go into more detail about what aspects you get "strong advice" on?

Also, how long is your contract? Like, when you sign up, are you obliged to deliver X many albums? And if so, do they have to be ones that are considered "desirable" by the label?

Also, how long do they own the master tapes for?
>>
Are you a mainstream artist?

If yes please 'spam' as many random underground bands as you can, this is the part klf forgot and so why their thing was futile.

Here is a link where you can find a random band, you need an account, but dont need to use the site, just have some account.
http://rateyourmusic.com/misc/random

Spam the band not the album, check if its at youtube first, to make sure people will be able to find at youtube the moment you spam it
>>
>>72781828
not op but what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>72780214
Bullshit.
>>
>>72780214
Bullshit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.