[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been to a music festival, are they worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: squamishvalleymusicfest.jpg (143KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
squamishvalleymusicfest.jpg
143KB, 970x646px
I've never been to a music festival, are they worth it?

Is it just contained degeneracy?
>>
Psychedelic music festivals and Primavera are the only festivals that will have good music.
>>
>>72779652
It's just another attempt to consolidate and corporatize the music scene.

Music festivals are for plebs.
>>
Depends on the festival. Day for Night last year was the fucking place to be. While ACL this year looks terrible
>>
Yep. Who even wants to see 25 bands in a day?

Festivals suck and the mainstream ones are '''shady''' as fuck.
>>
I've been to two. The first one was quite fun (Rockness 2009) as I was only 19 and not exactly concerned about health or wellbeing. Smoked half an ounce of grass between me and my friend, took ecstasy every day and tried acid for the first time. The music was largely shit though with the exception of Orbital, Alabama 3 and The Prodigy. Unfortunately by the time The Prodigy came on I was so fucked I thought I was having a stroke 15 minutes in, but I was back up and enjoying it after drinking some water.

The second one was crap, The Eden festival. Horrible atmosphere, shit bands, no security whatsoever. I wouldn't go back to a festival after that.
>>
>>72779816
>Who even wants to see 25 bands in a day?
this

it's ridiculous

festivals are total memes
>>
>>72780124
>Oh look I hate fun.
Festivals are awesome if you're not a neckbeard socially awkward fuckhead.
Some of my best times have been at festivals with mates tripping my balls off watching some DJ.
>>
>>72781318
this

cmon now let's not be silly about getting to see a ton of music at once with a ton of people and a ton of drugs. that's fun.
>>
>>72779652
They are total degenarcyfests, you'll be surrounded by druggie scum like this guy
>>72780089
>>
>>72781318
yeah, nothing like seeing some bands from 100 yards away outside at 3pm.

Festivals are for squares.
>>
If you're going for the music and you normally spend your evenings shitposting on /mu/, then music festivals aren't for you. If you're a degenerate normie who doesn't care about music, wants to get laid, take all sorts of dangerous drugs, and has a lot of friends, then you'll have fun.
>>
>>72779652
>sit in the mud with a bunch of normie girls in native american headdresses
>$20 bottles of water
>wait all day to be disappointed by a shitty performance from a band you love
>go home exhausted and $250 poorer
totally worth it
>>
>>72781385
Then you get the fuck to the front.
Fun isn't a bad thing you know.
It's perfectly acceptable to actually do things other people do.
>>
>>72781364
Hey, I might be scum but even my drug addled brain can spell degeneracy, youngfag.
>>
File: 1412851971913.jpg (45KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1412851971913.jpg
45KB, 645x773px
>>72781723
Fuck off.

I don't consider baking in an open field watching a bunch of fucking controlled puppet bands in the most overpriced corporatized environment possible..'fun'.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.