[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.npr.org/sections/decepti vecadence/2017/05/01/525

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1493657264353.png (583KB, 828x635px) Image search: [Google]
1493657264353.png
583KB, 828x635px
http://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivecadence/2017/05/01/525930036/dont-hire-me-hire-a-female-composer-instead

Shameful that sexism is still rampant in classical music. Why are there so few female composers?
>>
>>72770784
I know you're being ironic, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that there are very few female composers.
>>
>>72770784
>don't hire me, who poured in fucking years on end to learn how to recognise classical music theory, let alone compose, let alone compose well, I don't deserve it because I'm not a woman and it's her turn
Is this what's holding up the oldest Western musical tradition?
>>
If women choose not to become classical music composers in $_current_year, I have to respect that desu
>>
>>72770784
Most of the music orchestras play was written before 1950.
>>
>Don't hire me because I'm a woman
>Hire me because I'm good at my job

This is how it should be
>>
>>72771055
there is no law preventing women from becoming composers.

Every time i hear a liberal cry for diversity im hearing a capitalist cry for the expansion of a market.

Once you develop a class conscious you realize how sinister liberlism is, and you realize things like poptamism are just the embrace of consumerist culture by yuppie music journalists who despised rock music made by lowerclass white males
>>
Liberals maintain the capitalist status quo, a liberal cries because capitalists arent extracting the wealth of people of color and women too.

Please commodify me too they cry, more women ceo's they cry.
>>
File: 1486928723264.jpg (69KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1486928723264.jpg
69KB, 800x770px
>be a woman
>upset over lack of women in industry
>how can I, being a woman, add to the amount of women that are doing this?
>better tell someone else to do it :3
>>
the american way is based more on a divisive identity politics that divides people of the same material conditions, black/white, male/female, gay/ straight. Class politics would unite these people against capitalist scum, but american are incapable of acknowledging class structures because they are morons.

Oh yeah, plus that law that prevents women from making music, you know.
>>
>>72770883
Oftentimes the newspaper / online journal will alter the headline when the article is published and the author has nothing to do with it, for the sake of clicks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.