[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a child is listening to top 40 pop music Being a teenager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Being a child is listening to top 40 pop music

Being a teenager is listening to experimental/indie/prog/avantgarde/obscure music

Being an adult is realizing both are equal
>>
File: 1485673308512.png (267KB, 438x465px) Image search: [Google]
1485673308512.png
267KB, 438x465px
>being an adult
>implying that's actually the supreme condition
>>
>>72763098
this desu

I went through a phase where I listened to prog and experimental stuff and tried to convince myself it was good and that I was enjoying it. Now I listen to top 40 radio and unironically enjoy about 30-40% of it. Still listen to classical and jazz but don't put experimental music on a pedestal like every hipster does.
>>
File: file.png (543KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
543KB, 800x602px
BEING ELDERLY IS GETTING YOUR FUCKING GROOVE ON TO BIG BAND THE OBJECTIVELY MOST PATRICIAN GENRE
>>
>admits to being a poser
>try's to make himself look good simultaneously
Why do people do this? Just listen to your pop you want to and leave the art to us.
>>
I wouldn't say that they're equal. They both have merit, and there is certainly an art to making catchy, top 40 music. I would say that there can be excellent quality top 40 music. But to say that they're equal is misguided, because top 40 music is created with an extremely different direction in mind compared to more experimental music. Not necessarily because of a different in talent, but rather a sharp difference in vision and in the intent of the artist, so much so that to call them equal is improper, because it implies that they're the same kind of art. Comparing top 40 music to avant garde jazz is like comparing ice sculpture to silent film. They're both visual forms of art, but that's about where the similarities end.
>>
File: 1485221223771.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1485221223771.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>tfw I used to shit all over Lady Gaga for being corporate engineered shit aimed at normies
>tfw I heard Born This Way playing the other day at the mall and I was like damn this is kinda good
>>
>liking pop music
fine
>liking popular music from where you live
no
>>
>>72763440
i live in a patrician place fucker
>>
>>72763498
wheres that
>>
>>72763529
you wouldn't have heard of it
>>
>>72763402
i used to shit on carly rae jepsen and now emotion is in my top 4
>>
>>72763402
The Fame Monster is way better tho.
>>
I have been listening to erudite musics since I was three years of age. I suppose, intellectually, I have never been a child.
>>
>>72763536
lol you fag you're afraid to post where you're from cause its probably in bumfuck nowhere
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.