[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>listens to the same 20 critically acclaimed /mu/core and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3436.jpg (18KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3436.jpg
18KB, 200x195px
>listens to the same 20 critically acclaimed /mu/core and /r/music artists over and over again
>knows nothing about their local scene
>"I'm a huge fan of music"
>mfw
>>
>>72754538
What if my local scene is just a bunch of reggaeton, trap rap in Spanish and mediocre indie rock?
>>
>>72754635
Stop being a faggot and living in the Bronx.
>>
>>72754635
>knows shit about his local scene
kek
>>
>caring about your local scene in the year 2017
theyre all antifa larpers anyway
>>
>>72754635
I don't know if you're talking about Puerto Rico but if you are I hope you're joking.
>>
my local scene is very punk
>>
>>72754538
My local scene is emo hipster bullshit and leftover deathcore, I think I'll pass.
>>
>>72754635
>thinks all reggaeton is bad
>>
my local scene is a few groups like layman in terms. and this one dude shield or something. I went to school with both of them, layman family and the shield dude. they are all very talented.

I don't know what type of music they play but one time she played some Hendricks at a local pizza place asking for requests
>>
>>72754538
>listen to classics that have stood the test of time and multiple knowledgeable critics have mutually agreed to be great and important pieces of music
Vs
>listen to whatever shitty pop punk/indie/EDM is coming out of your local area just because it's contemporary and nearby

Hmmmm...
>>
>>72754538
my local scene is garage rock and post-punk
>>
>>72754833
I know that the meme is that you can't say a whole genre is shit, but come on, reggaeton is just bad.
>>
>>72754635
are you from Granada?
>>
>>72754805
I am
>>
My local scene is either folklore (unbereable folk music from the north of argieland), bad indie rock, with some decent bands here and there, and shitty cumbia.
>>
>>72754962
Aren't Los Planetas from Granada?
>>
>>72754958
Artists like Tego Calderón and Calle 13 have done pretty creative things with the genre, especially Calle 13. Tego only had one good album but most of Calle 13 albums where pretty good.
>>
there is no local scene
>>
>>72755070
Yeah but Calle 13 can barely be considered reggaeton, I dont know about the other guy, what is his good album?, maybe I'll check him out
>>
>>72755070
Isn't Calle 13 rap at this point?
>>
>shitty metal
>shitty country blues rock
>worst possible rappers
>only bands that visit are hasbeens, nobodies, and covers
great fucking scene
>>
>>72755159
>>72755166
I'm with these anons from what I've heard of him through my friends he seems more grounded in rap specially in the past few years, maybe he could be called reggaeton in his first couple of years though.
>>
>>72755159
>>72755166
they definitely grew away from reggaeton later in their career but even when reggaeton was pretty noticeable in their sound it was pretty good, it's a shame that nobody has followed, at least for now
>>
I live in montreal. You can probably guess what the music scene is like.
>>
File: 1489166299094.jpg (42KB, 461x454px) Image search: [Google]
1489166299094.jpg
42KB, 461x454px
Local scene here consists of upcoming wannabe rappers and Cumbia.
Occasionally a good band pops up but they end up signing a major contract, resulting in them going to the shitter and disappearing into darkness.
Also, rock/blues is pretty predominant in this shithole aswell (Buenos Aires)
>>
>>72755159
the album is El Abayarde, blends reggaeton with other caribbean rhythms and has some pretty good rhymes
>>
>>72754538
I agree that /mu/ always talks about the same little bubble of artists and if that's all you've got in your library then you haven't really done much exploration

>implying local scene matters
>implying seeing music live isn't massively overrated
>>
>>72754538
they mean "huge" in the literal sense
>>
>>72755066

Yes but here they are considered (specially J, the singer) the absolute elite and an untouchable holy grail of music while the fact is that they only are a good indie pop band with three very good albums. Is their fault that 20 years after their success the only kind of bands that have a minimum attention here are normie indie pop groups for 15 years old girls.
>>
File: 1468702709231.png (73KB, 203x188px) Image search: [Google]
1468702709231.png
73KB, 203x188px
>>72755258
At least you have pretty good obscure bands, porteño, i'm a negro del interior (tucuman), and we dont have shit, just cumbia and (very) shitty indie rock.
>>
>>72755368
Me recomendarías alguna, negrito lindo?
>>
>>72755345
Otherwise, we have a bunch of great flamenco artists so it's not all bad.
>>
File: foetus chart.png (708KB, 768x836px) Image search: [Google]
foetus chart.png
708KB, 768x836px
>>72755258
it depends tho'
talked with some that are in the scene and it's either metal or post-hardcore
the poor ones just want to play national rock
>>
>>72754538
I don't even have a local scene
>>
>>72755254
french?
>>
>>72755345
Im not gonna lie, they are the only spanish band I like, I fucking love Super 8, Una Semana en el Motor..., Unidad de Desplazamiento and Encuentros con Entidades. What are some similar spanish bands?
>>
>>72755254
is it Of Montreal?
>>
>>72755504
if what you're looking for is shoegaze in spanish I would recommend Dynamo from Soda Stereo
>>
>>72755392
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Rr4ZwW-mY
>>
>>72755597
Yeah but Soda Stereo is from my country, of course I know Dynamo, I meant spanish bands.
>>
>>72755488
>>72755522
French trap and hipster bands
>>
>>72755671
what genre is hipster
>>
>>72755730
Sorry, i should have been more specific. I would say everything from contemporary jazz to django reinhardt sounding stuff
>>
>>72755636
ah sorry
>>
>>72754635
Sounds like new york
>>
>>72755278
>Tfw when you did all your discovery on your own, then came across /mu/ last month and /mu/core seems to pretty much be all the same music and nobody thinks you have unique taste.
>>
does anyone actually LIKE their local scene?
i dont mind mine its lots of hardcore punk and metal stuff and i go to shows and dance around and have a good time
>>
>>72754538
>when your local scene is like two of folk/country artists and one guy that is self-described "acid folk"
>"acid folk"
>wtf
>>
>>72754891
>Never see any newer artist live even if out of maybe the 50 you see, only one turns out to be interesting
>Never see that one interesting band go on to be regarded as a "classic"
>Never get to tell people that you saw them live in their prime when hardly anyone knew about them
>Never get to buy their releases before they become rare/expensive
>Have "safe" tastes that mimics critics instead of discovering what makes music "youcore" yet thinking you can make fun of normies who only like Top 40
Hmmmmmm.......
>>
fuck you dude

i have a lot of shit to do, i'm a very busy guy. I work in the financial services industry and most of my free time I have to go to normie places in order to maintain a stressful yet highly profitable and sexually pleasurable lifestyle

I don't have time to go to shitty little indie fuckholes to get to know my 'local scene'. why else do i have the internet you cuck fuck
>>
>>72754538
Most local scenes are absolute trash

Why would I waste my time on that when I can listen to good music?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.