[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on here seen Swans live? I'm due to see them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Has anyone on here seen Swans live? I'm due to see them in a couple of weeks and would like to get an idea of what I'm in for.

Also, there are two songs on their current setlist which I've never heard of and can't find in their discography, one is called 'The Knot' and the other is called 'The Man Who Refused To Be Unhappy.' Can anyone provide me with some information about them?
>>
Swans usually plays songs from their upcoming album(s) at live shows.
>>
File: qyGsnAN.gif (1MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
qyGsnAN.gif
1MB, 356x200px
>>72754149
Yeah, they sucked I amost fell asleep standing up

Luckily there was a greek lute and drum duo playing before them that was good
>>
>>72754149
They play songs from their next album a lot of the time, apparently.
TBK tour they played unknowing/unseeing, The Seer was improviced and written throughout the My Father... tour, TBK was played on The Seer tour etc.
>>
>>72754183
I hope this is ironic.
>>
Don't wear earplugs. Mikey never wore them.
>>
>>72754149
most people wear earplugs. you can get some decent ones that reduce the volume but don't compromise the sound.

when i saw them I brought earplugs but I didn't end up needing them. it was really fucking loud but i could handle it.
>>
I'm about to see them too in Primavera Sound. The two songs are new and unrecorded. The only way you can find them is the live performances on youtube.
>>
You going to see a Dad Rock experience.
Just like any other AOR band.
>>
File: IMG_1907.jpg (144KB, 1242x1715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1907.jpg
144KB, 1242x1715px
>>72754149
They're probably going to release a live album soon of the next Swans album.
>>
Saw them a while back, during their To Be Kind tour.
It was very droney. So very, very droney. Was cool, but the show was like a three hour long sonic assault.
>>
>>72754149
Bring earplugs
Don't stand up front by the stage if you're in striking distance of Gira
Don't pull out your cell phone
Be aware of the people around you
Don't just nod your head, look energetic

Gira is very autistic
>>
>>72754149
I'm seeing them in a few weeks in Camden
If you do not wear plugs, Michael Gira will personall strip naked and hardfuck your ears until they bleed.
>>
>>72757819
Is he genuinely a bitch about people not going hard at his shows?
>>
>>72757819
To OP, do whatever the fuck you want. The only requirement is that you wear earplugs if you care about your hearing. Otherwise, just go and see one of the best live performances you'll ever see and remember it forever. If that means recording some video or audio, do it!
>>
>>72757969
>just go and see one of the best live performances you'll ever see and remember it forever. If that means recording some video or audio, do it!

so fucking triggered right now
>>
>>72758005
sorry m8
>>
>>72757819
Of courshe he is going to notice among hundreds of people while concentrating in playing and singing
Did you ever go to a concert or you just click "play" on youtube?
>>
One of the new songs is over 50 minutes and it's also one of the worst things they've produced so far
enjoy
>>
>>72758330
Likely different everytime if you're not making this up. Touring is the development cycle for them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.