[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is quite possibly the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 0001809130_10.jpg (260KB, 1200x1182px) Image search: [Google]
0001809130_10.jpg
260KB, 1200x1182px
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is quite possibly the best band of this decade
>>
>>72748926
I fucking second that mate
>>
they're dull and unispiring imo. i liked some of their work, i listen to their albums as they come up but i really dont see them as something exceptional.
and they are so full of themselves lately, totally undeserved.
>>
>>72749026
This
>>
They have like 5 good songs

5 more good songs than most bands, but still....
>>
>>72749128

What are those songs?
>>
>>72749134

Altered Beast
I'm in Your Mind Fuzz (4 parts combined)
Rattlesnake
Robot Stop

More like 4 good songs
>>
>>72748926
i'd like them more if they didn't write every single fucking song with the same exact rhythm and tempo
>>
PIZZAGATE
PIZZAGATE
PIZZAGATE

ISOLATION
DESOLATION
>>
>>72749148
>doesnt mention The River

what are you doing mate?
>>
>>72749204

Song is aight, not playlist worthy though
>>
I like when people say they're not and then proceed to simply end their statement there. Why not recommend a band you think is the best of the decade so far?
>>
>>72749026
how have they been full of themselves?
>>
D U D E
S I C K
R I F F S
>>
>>72749148
have you even listened beyond the start of all of their albums?
>>
>>72748926
I liked their performance at Coachella when /mu/ had that big Coachella party, what should my first album by them be?
>>
>>72750508
Start at I'm In Your MindFuzz then go by release order. then after you catch up go back to Oddments and go in reverse order.

Quarters and the albums before Oddments are pretty eh but have their moments.
>>
>>72750508
Mind Fuzz or Paper Mache. if you like them, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGHgpVU3UuU
>>
They're okay but nothing amazing and the dumb gimmicks are beginning to grate on me
>>
>>72750541
Wiloughby's Beach is their best record you fuckin loser

Eyes Like The Sky is up there too.
>>
>>72750563
Jacket
>>
I can't wait until I get home so that I can consume some psychedelic substances and Cannabinoids while I listen to their epic riffage.
>>
Went to first gizzard show earlier this year and the crowd was so fucking fun. People get really hyped for that shit.
>>
>>72750613
I don't do drugs and I enjoy their music :)
>>72750619
I've seen them twice. Once at Falls festival and once at their own concert. They were the only band at Falls that got cunts moving, and at their own gig was really wild in a sick way, but half the crowd would leave to go buy more booze. There was also a bunch of like 60+ year olds at the back of the mosh smoking weed which was pretty funny.
>>
>>72748926
That's got to be the worst band name I've ever heard.
>>
>>72750619
Same. As soon as they started playing beer went flying and people rushed at the pit that never stopped until the band stopped playing.
>>
File: 88kAQMI[1].jpg (526KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
88kAQMI[1].jpg
526KB, 1620x1080px
>>
>>72749260
Beach House
Arcade Fire
Tame Impala
Vampire Weekend
The War on Drugs
>>
>>72750873
are you serious?
>>72749026
>and they are so full of themselves lately, totally undeserved.
how?
>>
>>72750873
haha
>>
>>72748926
They're good if you never listened to actual 60s/70s psych bands.
>>
>>72750883
Why would I not be serious?

I concede that none of these bands except Arcade Fire are among the greatest of all time, but rock music in this decade has been dominated by more solo artists and fewer bands. All of these bands are at the very least pretty good.
>>
>>72750905
arcade fire made one good album
>>
>>72750900
recommend me some heavy psych garage stoner acid shit please anon
can be sludgy or not
>>
RANK THEIR ALBUMS

1. Float On - Fill your lungs
2. Nonagon Infinity
3. Oddments
4. 12 bar bruise
5. Flying Microtonal Banana
6. Paper Mache Dream Balloon

No album is bad though
>>
>>72750924
Do you mean in this decade or throughout their entire career? The Suburbs is very good and is one of the best indie rock albums of the decade. Funeral is brilliant and one of the greatest indie rock albums of all time, but it wasn't released in this decade.
>>
>>72750900
wrong
>>
They are good, and you shouldn't take them seriously. They release a bunch of music so obviously there are some filler songs.
>>
BWAAAAUUUOOOOOOOOOOUAAAA!
>>
>>72750928
Black Sabbath
Stooges on Fun House
Shinki Chen
>>
>>72751549
Also this comp

https://ridingeasyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/brown-acid-the-first-trip
>>
>>72751570
sounds sick so far, cheers vlad
>>
>>72749260
I couldn't name best band of the decade, but I wouldn't pick king gizzard.

Simple tempos coupled with average level lyricism and ability. They just need to work on their style and take it to the next level. I feel like they have great potential, they just don't think they need to get better.

Otherwise I love their style, the large band makes for a cool sound, I just wish they'd experiment more with it. Play with the layering, play some new timings, explore more of the psych genre or even break into some prog.

They are seemingly just teetering on the edge of generic rock at the moment.
>>
>>72751647
Also for modern shit that sounds like this, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs
>>
>>72751669
yeah love uncle acid, i'll give other guys a geez
>>
>>72751549
I heard all of these actually and I love them. Will check the comp and Uncle Acid. Also, is Acid Mothers Temple any good and if yes what should I listen to?
>>
>>72750939
>that top 3
I never thought I'd see someone who feels the same as me. Oddments is so underrated.
>>
>>72749170
HOLDING A ROCKET
IN MY POCKET

ROBOT EXPLODE
ROBOT EXPLODE
ROBOT EXPLODE
>>
>>72751653
Fuck prog.
It's dead, we don't need that shit anymore.
Please stop it with the "muh 5/4 isa bettr than ur 4/4"
>>
>>72749211
>playlist worthy
ok
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.