[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is pic related really that bad? I know picture discs have some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1480417432212.png (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1480417432212.png
2MB, 1800x1800px
is pic related really that bad? I know picture discs have some sound distortion due to the film covering it, but getting this from RSD was the only way I could get this album

Some cracking/popping doesnt bother me that much, is a PD really that much of a dealbreaker?
>>
bump

pls /mu/
>>
>>72742777
Yes. High frequencies are nonexistent in picture discs and there is a lot of crackling. This is a popular enough release so I'm sure a standard issue will be out soon.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 225x169px
I have Rush's Hempisheres album with the picture on it and it didnt sound any different than a regular black vinyl. There was no crackling or popping because there wasnt any dust on it.
>>
>>72743041

Id assume mine has no dust on it since I havent taken it out yet
>>
>>72743067
i dont know everything about vinyl so there could actually be a slight difference, but honestly its not noticeable or a deal breaker. Plus theyre basically collectors items
>>
>is picturedisc a dealbreaker

um, fuck no

You're going to listen to that thing probably three whole fucking times before you shelve it and go back to listening to the digital version of the soundtrack--which you will listen to all of twice because who the fuck actually sits around listening to the blade runner ost

you bought a collector's item, op

records are for collecting

if you're gonna sperg out over frequencies and surface noise then holy shit maybe don't buy records

your record is worth more because it's a picture disc; also it looks cool. That's what's important.
>>
>>72743041
I have this same record
>>
>>72744167
>who the fuck actually sits around listening to the blade runner ost
whoa get a load of this pleb
>>
File: blade runner.png (585KB, 1920x615px) Image search: [Google]
blade runner.png
585KB, 1920x615px
>>72742777
>but getting this from RSD was the only way I could get this album
No it isn't.
>>
>>72744917

on vinyl
>>
>>72744928
Stop falling for the fucking meme or look for a used copy, you dunce.
>>
>>72744940

I did

theyre all ~$50 with shipping
>>
>>72744963
No, I mean go to your local fucking record store and look for used copies if you want a vinyl copy bad enough.

Persistence pays off.
>>
>>72742777
How does that go in the packaging?
>>
>>72744977

I did that too

the owner literally has my number and the first thing I ask him every time I go in is if he had it

on RSD, he told me the PD was the last in stock the second I opened the door
>>
>>72744989

like normal, except the disc isnt aligned with the outside image
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.