[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the SJW brigade is eating one of their own again. I swear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 19

File: PWR-BTTM.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PWR-BTTM.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
So the SJW brigade is eating one of their own again. I swear they're like rats cannibalizing their young out of a stress/fear response.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7792917/pwr-bttm-openers-nnamdi-ogbonnaya-t-rextasy-drop-off-tour-abuse-allegations
>>
File: C_gqT1xVYAA3Y3l.jpg (118KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
C_gqT1xVYAA3Y3l.jpg
118KB, 640x1136px
>>72736409

NAZI!!
>>
>one of their own

Everyone who isn't a masculine straight white capitalist man is the enemy. Based Sam Hyde truly has redpilled me
>>
There's already a thread on page 5 delete this crap
>>
>>72736409
>>72736431
They're annoying and only successful because of their gimmick. I've heard several accounts that he's a mega dick and secretly a straight guy who pretends to be bi to get pussy.

Who cares if they're eaten up and forgotten?
>>
>>72736432
But I thought Sam Hyde was critical of late capitalism? Most of his videos highlight how retarded it is. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>72736468
it is
that guy doesn't understand sam hyde
>>
>>72736409
>effeminate sodomites are perverted and abusive
gee who would've thunk
>>
>>72736468
He criticizes artificial neoliberal capitalist consumer culture (which is a good target) but he unironically believes crony capitalism exists and is separate from capitalism
>>
>>72736468
>>72736479
>>72736491
Doesn't Sam support Trump, the literal posterboy of late stage capitalism?
>>
>>72736489
I can never tell if these posts are ironic or not
>>
>>72736506
>Doesn't Sam support Trump,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQlh6uK0uaw
not anymore
>>
>>72736526
He's losing it
>>
File: 234654.gif (4MB, 503x450px) Image search: [Google]
234654.gif
4MB, 503x450px
>>72736409

The sexual assault allegations make sense, gay dudes think that just because they dont want to fuck women they can grope women and it's harmless.
>>
File: 5797.gif (2MB, 247x381px) Image search: [Google]
5797.gif
2MB, 247x381px
>>72736558

Another one just because I enjoyed googling for these specific gifs.
>>
>>72736432
But "one of their own" is actually pretty apt in this situation. The girl who made the tweet literally says they should no longer be considered "allies".
>>
>>72736584
shit like that happens all the time. but the media wants ppl to think all lgbtq = good people who want same LOVE

look it up
lesbians beat the shit out of their partners
>>
they have a song about answering a text thats pretty good
>>
>have sex with someone
>regret it years later
>post about it online
>ruin someones life
>>
>sjws agree with each other: IT'S A HIVEMIND!
>sjws don't agree with each other: THEY'RE EATING EACH OTHER ALIVE!
go back to watching thunderf00t videos all day
>>
this is why you can't e a sjw and have a good "career" at the same time
>>
>>72736624
>it happens dozens of times
>it's still just a coincidence
>>
>one of their own
Not saying they did these things but I'm pretty sure you lose your credentials among a group who hate "rape culture" when everyone thinks you're a rapist.
>>
>>72736512
sexual deviance destroys civilizations and individuals
>>
File: black-pigeon-1.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
black-pigeon-1.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
>>72736661
>>
>>72736409
If sjw's weren't saying anything, you and all the other trumpkins would be screaming hypocrisy at the top of your lungs
>>
maybe I would care more if their music didn't suck
>>
>>72736683
Is everyone you don't like a trumpkin?
>>
>>72736715
People with *reads Disdain For Plebs once* opinions like OP tend to be.
>>
>>72736739
He's not wrong though. SJW's are typically vindictive and childish
>>
>>72736409
most of the accusations are attention seeking teens who romanticise sexual assault and want to be famous
the first accusation was an "alt right cuck" who wanted to stir some shit right before the new album released
i liked i wanna boi and its a shame this bands about to die
>>
>>72736760
>the first accusation was an "alt right cuck" who wanted to stir some shit right before the new album released
Source?
>>
File: Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
>>72736409
I mean, there's tons of nuance, and of course they're blind to it, but even still there's a simple truth to all this.

It's baffling to me why anyone would try and feed or cater to their identarian madness and ever-changing, ethereal, effusive "rules" and desires, especially anyone who falls into the categories of white or male. It seems, invariably, to lead to one misstep or the very thought of an allegation destroying you and everything you work for.

These guys were darlings of their shit, now they're getting dumped as a gauche, grotesque joke. Meanwhile, someone they've painted as the antithesis of their being is the President of the United States entirely by not giving a fuck about them or anything they've ever had to say, much to their chagrin.

It'd almost be comical if it weren't so predictably disgusting and base.
>>
>>72736760
>i liked i wanna boi and its a shame this bands about to die
just rebrand as something different
>>
is marcel redpilled now?
>>
>>72736773
problem
liv bruce is the only one without hate atm
ben was the only one who could write music that was tolerable
>>
>>72736792
ben becomes a ghost writer
>>
>>72736781
I'm a massive liberal and I think that PWR BTTM fucking suck and that the whole SJW freakout over everything ever is ridiculous
>>
>>72736781
No just smart and able to see things for how they are. As >>72736821 said, we all hate pwr bttm
>>
>>72736409
wasn't that the guy from the sooper swag project
they were sick
>>
>>72736755
>person does something that goes against everything you believe in
>give them a pass because they're gay
that seems more childish to me 2bh
>>
>>72736868
>>person does something that goes against everything you believe in
This is assuming the accusations are true, which is up in the air as of now.
>>give them a pass because they're gay
Who in this situation is giving anyone a pass?
>>
>>72736868
I mean, that's perfectly fine when you aren't dealing with absolutist children whose ideas are somehow simultaneously entirely emotional and strictly, dogmatically rigorous.

When "Said a mean thing" or "Someone said they said a mean thing some time like a long time ago" is grounds for memetic execution, it kind of goes past the point of ridiculousness.
>>
It's nice to see identity politics come crashing down on itself.

And I say this as a liberal. This shit has been a plague on the left and is what fueled all the alt-right bullshit. You can be as much of a queer as you want, just shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>72736432
>Sam (((Hyde)))
>white
>>
this board just turned a sickly /pol/ colour.

identity politics is a bolt hole for fuckwits on both sides. 'redpilled' teens gonna be eating dicks in dark rooms come their '30's.
>>
>>72736661
I miss the good ol days where people were sexually repressed by Christianity and abstract moral spooks

I miss the good ol days of the Greeks where half the population were pederasts
>>
>>72736908
This. I'll always be a liberal, I can't think any other way. But all this SJW *AND* anti-SJW bullshit going on is just pure cringe to me. You're all too extreme and you make me sick.
>>
>>72736944
>this board just turned a sickly /pol/ colour.
How?
>identity politics is a bolt hole for fuckwits on both sides
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread agrees. This particular topic just happens to be about the left. Calm down, faggot.
>>
>>72736956
>>72736956
yeah problem is when you're young white male and comfy this stuff doesn't need to matter. many places on Earth gays can get kicked to death for being what they are. things are being badly negotiated right now, but anyone who thinks that it's all 'ok' because white straigh people are sick of hearing about it is naive.
>>
>>72737013
I don't think you understand. I'm talking about extremes. Of course that example is fucking wrong. I'm not comfy.
>>
>>72736553
MDE went downhill post ideas man
>>
>>72737013
Drop the identity politics dude.
>>
>>72737003
>reads half the posts.
>can't be bothered to answer yours
>>
>>72736755
same as trumpers
>>
>>72736902
There are dozens of sexual assault accusations against both of them
>>
>>72736944
>this board just turned a sickly /pol/ colour.
t. Buttmad pwr bttm fan who's in denial that his fav band's career is over
>>
>>72737013
>nyone who thinks that it's all 'ok' because white straigh people are sick of hearing about it is naive.
No one is saying that. My whole point is that identity politics is specifically what makes it difficult to have actual progress.
>>
>>72737056
Is that supposed to justify it?
>>
>>72737013
>many places on Earth gays can get kicked to death for being what they are
Considering this particular conversation is grounded in the context of the western world I don't see how that's relevant to the conversation in any way.
>>
>>72736898
I'm not saying they accusations are true. It just makes sense for someone who thinks drawing swastikas in sand is awful to turn against someone who draws swastikas in sand, even if they're in some gay band.

It's actually surprisingly logical from the kind of people who think "Oh this hotep said kill all white babies/this feminist said kill all men but they're in an oppressed group and therefore can't be racist/sexist. They're on my side so I'll ignore this even though I claim to be against racism and sexism."
>>
>>72736626
this
>>
>>72737157
>It just makes sense for someone who thinks drawing swastikas in sand is awful to turn against someone who draws swastikas in sand
I'm not debating this. My point was that turning on someone for drawing a swastika in sand is a childish and vindictive thing to do. It follows their logic, but their logic is that of a self righteous idiot wearing blinders.
>>
>>72737066
That's just it. Accusations.

People are sick of that.
>>
>>72737220
Blinders is an ableist term, it implies that blind people have something negative about them. Please refrain from using it in the future!
>>
>>72736646

>accused

theres a difference anon.
>>
now a whole new meaning to this banter
https://youtu.be/yhh87GVXSgw?t=3m20s
>>
all publicity = good publicity

yesterday they were literally who

tomorrow they're awful people but I love their music
>>
I like them quite a bit but this scene is so rabid with the accusations all it takes is one person to completely destroy someone's career.
>>
>>72737427
>but I love their music
Their music is garbage
They wouldn't even be the least bit relevant if it wasn't for their obnoxious queer gimmick
>>
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

where is the evidence?

I have not heard anything substantial against their case.
>>
>>72737471
You don't need evidence nowadays
You just need to see a (relatively) attractive woman and say "hey this guy raped me" and his life will be ruined forever
>>
>>72737492
I'm going to cut my dick off
>>
if you cater to a demographic that accuses others of predatory behavior without evidence then you can't really be surprised when it happens to you, too.

musically they were only ok anyway.
>>
>>72737520
That's not exclusive to certain demographics anymore.
>>
File: your tears.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
your tears.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>72737471
>>
>>72737220
Normies do the same thing when someone's accused of being a pedophile and they dress/act "creepy."
>>
>>72737566
ok
>>
>>72737518
You'll be accused of raping someone with you mind.
>>
>>72737247
Accusations, especially of that quantity, should be taken seriously though. And the accusations come from former fans. I don't think people in the queer community would be so eager about tearing down one of their icons unless it was credible
>>
>>72736821
"Everything ever"

This isn't everything ever though. This isn't, like, he put a feather in his hair and now it's cultural appproriation. this is alleged serial sexual assault against minors, this is worth getting upset about.

Actually if sexual assault and harassment against minors doesn't upset you then..... It's not the SJW's that are the problem.
>>
>>72737616
do you really feel like wasting your time trying to argue about this type of thing on 4chan?
>>
>>72737616
>this is worth getting upset about.
Only if it's true
>>
>>72737616
I realize that, in this case I understand the uproar since it involves actual harm that was done against other people.

One account I saw says this guy fucked someone who was unconscious, which is pretty fucked up
>>
File: 1446375464891.jpg (773KB, 2500x2083px) Image search: [Google]
1446375464891.jpg
773KB, 2500x2083px
>>72737616
>>72737601
See
>>72737647

While these sorts of allegations should be taken deathly serious, these are allegations. I'd like you to point to a single one of these cases that have been fucking virulently rampant in, say, the past decade that have been taken to court, prosecuted, and proven, or otherwise proven, instead of just ruining someone's life and career over accusations. And once you do that, please compare that to how many have been proven false and the victims have been given no recourse.

Then you might start to understand why people are getting very skeptical and tired about these media shows.

It's funny how often people on either side of the spectrum these days seem to never have heard the story of the boy who cried wolf, or at least how many of them seem to have entirely missed the fucking point.
>>
>>72736781
I mean their music isn't very good.
>>
>>72736409
How legit do the accusations seem? Is it one person or is it a bunch of people all saying the same thing?

Also it seems kinda interesting/odd/weird to me that if they weren't an openly queer band they could probably weather this much better. The rape accusations against Michael Gira and Issac Brock didn't stop their careers.
>>
>>72737847
I'll try to boil it down to what I understand even though I am still very confused.

>person on Twitter accuses presumably Ben of abuse
>other people start joining
>reddit thread
>band responds basically by what can be implied as "if you believe you were abused then you were abused" rather than denying the allegations
>musicians and other bands start accusing them
>opening bands for PWR BTTM drop out
>touring member leaves
>kicked from Hopscotch Festival
and so it goes
>>
>>72737898
Twitter was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>72736624
The allegations I've read are saying Ben tried to fuck a drunk girl on tour while she was sleeping and Ben was refusing to wear a condom.

I swear Ben is just a straight dude that was using the non-binary bisexual thing to get pussy.
>>
>>72736661
The most conflict free species of animals (including humanity) in the nature are a group of monkeys called Bonobos that literally fuck anything they can. In general, sexual repression has historical links to violence and degeneracy, especially considering the affects it has on testosterone and the affects of an over-abundance of testosterone.
>>
File: C_pKQq-V0AA55EC.jpg (44KB, 684x227px) Image search: [Google]
C_pKQq-V0AA55EC.jpg
44KB, 684x227px
>>72737922
Yes, why I said I'm still confused is that people keep acting as if the allegations are true. Look at what Hopscotch said. They say this:

>and to take steps toward holding abusers accountable

yes, an unconfirmed abuser. where's the proof?
>>
ok but what did he supposedly do?

every accusation is just "he's abusive." what is he actually being accused of?
>>
>>72738068
http://jezebel.com/member-of-queer-punk-band-pwr-bttm-accused-of-sexual-as-1795132781

It's from Jezebel, but you asked. More in depth allegation. Still allegations just with more detail.
>>
>>72737247
The thing about accusations of sexual assault is that, due to the intimate and personal nature of the crime, it's one of the hardest to prove and the vast majority of sexual assault cases will legally remain accusations. So this dilemma that the left is in is that it's a lot easier to get away with rape and sexual assault than most other crimes despite its seriousness and the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra puts pressure on victims of the crime because in most cases their words get tossed to the side, many people will say "well, they're just allegations, she could be, or probably was, just lying about it" and with that people who have committed a very reprehensible crime walk the streets again with little to no consequences - of course, that isn't true now because the way society attempts to cope with this is by placing a marker on that person just in case. It's a far more complex issue than just "they're just allegations, leave it to the law to sort it out and then we can make up our minds".
>>
>>72736821
is it that ridiculous then if everyone already recognizes them to be industry plants and cultural appropriators? if anything it compounds the fact that they make shitty music and allegations.
>>
>>72737753
You've put in very black and white terms by claiming that it being proven means it definitely happened and it not being proven means it definitely didn't happen.
>>
>>72736944
/mu/ is mostly liberal dumbfuck, you dont have to be a right winger to think that this band is shit and their members are shitty people
>>
>>72738262
Now, I understand the "Rape Culture" fear of these things, I've spoken at length about it with female friends and I can feel their fear about it and get their qualms. It's horrible.

That doesn't change the fact at all that this is entirely ruined by our society. If you said this pre-internet, it would be sobering and sad. The problem is this literally started with and persists only with 140-character Twitter posts and the like. Nobody is screaming and crying and getting told to shut up because the person is respected. None of this is justification.

This is fatigue. It's exhaustion. It's people being fucking skeptical that there's this oddly consistent pattern of people just saying this sort of thing happened on the internet, with no recourse, reasoning, proof of acquaintance, location, anything, people then jumping on and saying "me too" even though they wouldn't have before, and before you know it any major male figure has twelve people saying they assaulted or harassed them and more outlets calling for their punishment.

It's awful, but it just perpetuates the problem. It's personal, it's hard to prove, it's awful, but we can't just keep destroying lives over allegations, especially after these fucking things keep getting proven or admitted false to no consequence.

It's a more complex issue, and this shit isn't helping elucidate or solve it in any way. Quite the opposite, which is a shame.
>>
>>72738307
It's been put in very black and white terms by it being claimed meaning it almost definitely happened and causing serious damage to their careers while it not being proven means absolutely nothing.

All I'm saying, this is just another case of the same shit, and the more it happens the less it seems valid.
>>
>>72738262
Innocent until proven guilty still applies. You can't become lenient with the requirement for evidence just because it's a sensitive subject. That's ridiculous. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being skeptical about accusations of sexual assault, in fact, a certain level of skepticism is important, as is the case with accusations of any kind of serious crime.
>and with that people who have committed a very reprehensible crime walk the streets again with little to no consequences
This is circular logic. If you can't prove someone committed a crime, of course they shouldn't suffer any consequences.
>>
>>72738307
Yeah, something being proven means it definitely happened. It wouldn't be proven otherwise.
>>
File: 979.jpg (25KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
979.jpg
25KB, 532x320px
>>72736489
>>
>>72736624

Kind of like the moldy locks who lied about Gira...
>>
>>72737898
The og twitter account and nobody else who "has come forward" have NOT provided any anectdotal evidence of any sort. The twitter account is also brand spanking new. A lot of this seems fishy.
>>
>>72738582
Unfortunately them acting surprised by new information was a total lie even by bands accounts that they're friends with
>>
It's pretty creepy how quickly people are to believe women. In my experience women are the last people you should believe.
>>
>>72737601
>Accusations, especially of that quantity, should be taken seriously though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
>>
>>72738601
These other band accounts were merely informed by someone about Bem. They never stated they saw it first hand.
>>
File: IMG_1237.jpg (90KB, 607x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1237.jpg
90KB, 607x554px
>>72736432
>Hyde
>masculine
Not Heidecker is around
>>
>>72736558
Me on the left
>>
>>72738478
>It wouldn't be proven otherwise
Right, of course. So I guess all those cases of innocent people on death row never actually existed. Okay.

Our legal system is far from perfect. Innocent people can be sent to prison and declared guilty, and guilty people can go back into society and declared innocent because the world is actually a very complex place with many intricacies that we, as human beings, can't always account for.
>>
>>72738909
>Cases of innocent people on death row never actually existed. Okay.
>Complex place with many intricacies
>Innocent people can be sent to prison and declared guilty

>Still defending twitter accusations and blog shock literally destroying careers and causing ostracism and cancellations that actual crimes often never would

Here's your (You)
>>
>>72738440
It isn't "circular logic". You don't know what that means. This is obviously case of you being unable to separate our system from reality. If someone has raped somebody, but the legal system couldn't prove it, he doesn't suddenly stop being a rapist; he's still a rapist, he's just a rapist that got off the hook (which, in our system, is most rapists). Letting so many abusers get away scot-free is not something people are happy about, so we put social pressures in place to help combat it somewhat. It's not perfect, sure, but what is?
>>
>>72738960
>being this ignorant and reactionary
No, here's YOUR (You), you degenerate. You have literally made zero points against what I've said. In fact, you've completely disregarded the original discussion and turned to your irrational personal biases in order to tell yourself that you've got your leg-up in this debate.
>>
>>72738969
Is that social pressure even justifiable if all it takes is words to destroy lives with zero trial, proof, or recourse? Is putting that many innocent people in the line of fire at the whims of awful, pernicious people willing to lie about something like that when all they have to do is say it on twitter worth maybe not really destroying someone that actually did it yet somehow can't be prosecuted?
>>
>>72738657
Yeah but PWR BTTM acted like all of this was new news to them when in reality everyone had already known it was an issue regardless of if he did it or not
>>
>>72739017
What point is there to be made when your own words can be used to disprove your point?

If your own point isn't just lamenting the difficult nature of the situation, I fail to see how you think this happening is in any way sensible or justifiable.
>>
>>72736558
>>72736578
Don't know if I'm jealous or disgusted.
>>
>>72738969
>If someone has raped somebody, but the legal system couldn't prove it, he doesn't suddenly stop being a rapist
Ok, but you can't justify calling someone a rapist without sufficient evidence that proves they're a rapist. See what I'm getting at?
>Letting so many abusers get away scot-free is not something people are happy about
Again, you can't justifiably call someone an abuser when you haven't the evidence to prove such a thing is true.
>so we put social pressures in place to help combat it somewhat
What do you mean by this? If you mean demonising people based on accusations with insufficient evidence then you're a fucking terrible person.
>>
>>72739103

Since when do feminists need proof of anything? Proof is evil. It's racist and sexist.
>>
is rape the number one killer of males?
>>
I mean, I hope it's not true, but damn...
>>
>>72738655
New York City isn't a hyper-religious rustic colony.

Sexual assault isn't witchcraft.

The situation isn't comparable.

You guys keep referring to us "eating our own" as if we're supposed to turn the other way when the sexual assaulter isn't a straight while male. See, to me, that would be hypocritical. Liberalism isn't an ideological football team--yeah, we will absolutely "turn on our own" if they do something shitty. I know this is a wild concept to conservatives--the idea of holding other conservatives accountable--but liberals practice this.
>>
>>72739266
>as if we're supposed to turn the other way when the sexual assaulter isn't a straight while male

I mean, to be fair, that's how it generally seems to go when it comes up. People just joke about R. Kelly and Islam's supposed to be the hot new defensible rape culture with cool hijabs or whatever.
>>
>>72739153
You know, up until the 80's, in about half the states in the country, the only way to prove rape was to have the guy's semen in your vagina and a black eye.

They figured if you weren't beat up, you must not have fought back. And clearly any woman worth the title of her gender would fight valiantly to protect her maidenly virtue.
>>
>>72739036
No, of course one random person popping up on the internet saying "Oh, this famous person touched me up once" should not be taken as something that most definitely happened, but many people coming forward (which is what is happening here) saying that it happened to them, bands who have worked with them also say that they are aware of incidents as well is also a huge sign of it too. Of course, that probably won't hold up in court, but it's also the only evidence you will pretty much ever have of these cases. The state of our current society means that coming out about these cases has a lot of risks and uncertainty. You probably won't win a legal battle, not to mention that going to court costs money and a lot of your time (along with immense stress when it comes to sexual assault cases), not to mention the response it tends to get online and from die-hard fans of accussed celebrities. Theoretically, anyone CAN make these claims, but because of these pressures, it wouldn't be a very good idea to lie about this sort of thing and thus the chances of them being lies is significantly lower. If you seriously think that people's lives will be ruined by one person making one claim on twitter, you're deluded. It's multiple people coming out about it that can have an effect on someone's life because the chances of it being true are much higher. We have this social system in place specifically because our legal system can't account for everything. OJ Simpson, for example, got away with murder but everyone was convinced he was guilty of the crime (because he was). The same goes for Michael Jackson who was hit with many, many accusations, but accusations just weren't enough, but we're all quite sure of the fact that he was.
>>
>>72739290
>criticizes rapists
>criticizes the low conviction rate for rapists in the united states
>doesn't criticize every member of islam and the very idea of islam as a religion

L I B E R A L // H Y P O C R I S Y
>>
AMAZING MUSIC DISCUSSION
/MU/ RATHER TALK ABOUT POLITICS THAN MUSIC
IM DONE WITH THIS BOARD
>>
>>72739308
You really don't see the obvious inherent danger in this kind of social vigilantism?
>>
>hold members of their own group to the same standard as everyone else
>"HA HA SJWS ARE EATING THEIR OWN"

If they ignored the assault allegations, you'd call them hypocrites.
>>
>>72739332
yeah, it's shitty that this thread wasn't deleted yet
>>
>>72739320
I mean please rationalize how 90% of the Middle East as dominated by Islam isn't the picture of what we define as rape culture
>>
>>72739086
My words didn't disprove my point though? My point was that you're a dumbass for equating legal guilt with genuine and factual guilt. It isn't. It can be quite close to it, but it isn't the same. The thing is, due to the nature of rape and sexual assault, our system of "innocent until proven guilty" gives a lot of power to criminals as rape is very difficult to actually prove. It's why this debate exists in the first place. Most cases of sexual assault are going to be unproven, which, by your logic, would mean that the reality of the situation is that most rape claims are actually false, and not true. My point was that it is simplistic to view it that way and ignores the complexity of the real world. Instead of recognising this and addressing the point, you instead decided to change your words and your point to give the impression that you didn't say something incredibly stupid and naive.
>>
People getting overly anal about gender pronouns and identifiers is stupid

but PWR BTTM Clearly did something. They didn't deny the accusations. And there seems to be a lot of them.

The fact that all their headlining acts said they saw the accusations before kind of speaks to this not being false. Being an issue that was brought up before the twitter explosion the other night. And it seems like there are several people who say really similiar things about it.

I think that connected with their history as teenagers, and the swastika picture kind of just show that the whole thing was a farce.

It's insane that a band could be this big of a farce and get this far without anyone having noticed. It's like nobody vetted them. But in the day of Trump I guess nothing surprises me anymore.
>>
File: 1492961629011.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492961629011.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>72739320
>criticizes the low conviction rate for rapists in the united states
How do you know someone's a rapist when they haven't been convicted?
>>
File: tumblr_nxxmdeBWnD1tlzff0o8_250.png (83KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxxmdeBWnD1tlzff0o8_250.png
83KB, 245x245px
ALLEGATIONS DON'T EQUATE GUILT

why is that so hard to understand?
also i wish ppl would be more skeptical of those who take to social media with these issues as opposed to going to the police. conveniently timed as well. the same shit happened to gira not too long ago.
>>
>>72739344
I am aware of the danger of this, which is why I pointed out that it isn't perfect. It is also why the left encourage a more widespread education of consent, sex, and sexual assault, as well as reforms to the legal system - to be able to drop this imperfect system of justice and be more affective in both stopping these crimes before they happen, as well as probably applying justice to those who commit the crime in the first place. It is a better alternative than relying so heavily on the incredibly imbalanced method of the legal system in terms of handling this specific crime.
>>
>>72739308
>mobs of people believing that you're guilty means that you're guilty

I'm sure scores of people believed the women accused of witchcraft were guilty so they were obviously right to burn them. If a lot of people believe something, then it must be true!
>>
>>72739308
>No, of course one random person popping up on the internet saying "Oh, this famous person touched me up once" should not be taken as something that most definitely happened
>Twelves random people popping up on the internet saying "Oh, this famous person touched me up once" should be taken as something that quite possibly happened

This is really easy and I don't get how you're having trouble with this.

>But because of these pressures, it wouldn't be a very good idea to lie about this sort of thing and thus the chances of them being lies is significantly lower

How do you figure? You keep mentioning these pressures, but the pressures all seem to be "Listen and Believe" and to drop anyone at the first sign of anything like this, opposed to the near absolute absence of any punishment for provably lying about something like this.

One person lying on twitter won't do it, eleven other people jumping on with it and saying it too for whatever reason will, and has repeatedly.

>OJ Simpson
>Miscarriage of justice and misplaced literal evidence and video of bloodied car chase
>Same thing
>Michael Jackson
>Case where many of the accusers later admitted to conspiracy for personal gain and renounced the claim
>Public is actually pretty split on the matter
>We're all quite sure and this is a case against false accusations being frequent

Come on, man.

What's your thoughts on the death penalty, by the way?
>>
>>72739419
these people don't trust the police. They're probably not going to report it.
>>
>>72739427
These methods and the "education of consent" seem to lead to a lot more unfounded accusations and insane standards up to and including near written contract to consent to sex, such as that phone app that got made for practically that. Seems a bit daft, anon.
>>
>>72739427
I'm sorry but if you actually believe it's in any way justifiable to forego factual evidence and demonise people based on unsubstantiated accusations you are an irredeemably terrible and idiotic person. And this kind of thing in no way, shape, or form resembles justice in any capacity.
>>
>>72736409
I don't care about paranoid liberals or smug alt-righters. I just want to talk about music or my depression.
>>
>>72739464

I was going to say this, the ONLY people who think Michael Jackson is guilty are those who have not researched the court cases. The father of one of the boys committed suicide soon after Jackson's death.

You are engaging in very real mental gymnastics if you have familiarised yourself with the family backgrounds of MJ's accusers and still find him guilty. I have no problem in fact calling such people retards.
>>
>>72739478
fair point
>>
Retards being retards because one of their fellow retards ended up being a retard
Truly fascinating stuff
>>
>>72739478
Thanks tumblr, now a generation of people are scared of the police and genuinely think America is becoming a fascist dictatorship
>>
>>72739618
The police has always been full of shitty people desu, same with the military
>>
>>72739618
yes, everything is tumblr's fault
people have a certain level of distrust to the police? that was tumblr's fault
Trump was elected president? tumblr's fault
your toast fell onto the floor this morning? tumblr's fault
>>
>>72738655
This is just proof that mob behaviour isn't unique to "le crazy millennial SJWs" and has literally been happening since the dawn of time.
>>
File: 1486659163300.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486659163300.png
4KB, 183x275px
>>72739696
Ok. Everyone who partakes in it is still an immoral cunt.
>>
>>72737449
Answer my Text and Big Beautiful Day are bangers tho.
>>
>>72736432
You are the reason I don't tell my irls that I still use 4chan
>>
File: 1469217723461.gif (3MB, 218x272px) Image search: [Google]
1469217723461.gif
3MB, 218x272px
>>72739679
>>
>>72739679
>he eats bread
jfc
>>
>>72736409
Has a band ever been more JUSTed ever?
How long before he an heros?
>>
>>72739498
Even in a legal sense, one person making a claim against someone is just a claim, many people making the same claim of one person is a form of evidence. It's similar to that of eye-witnesses. People tend not to lie about that sort of thing unless there are very specific circumstances that encourage them to do so (an example being if you are testifying as a witness against a crime committed by someone involved in a large criminal organisation, like a gang, being threatened to lie about what happened so that they would count as evidence in support of their innocence). It is also why people who are accused of rape are not given anonymity: if there are people who are staying quiet about the experience out of fear, they are more encouraged to speak up about the incident. In this particular instance, this is exactly what is happening. I mean, what would you even consider as "factual evidence" of sexual assault? Videos or pictures? The likelihood of people taking videos or pictures of such incidents is incredibly and while there are definitely ways of proving whether or not two people had sex, there is no scientific method of proving whether consent was given. The only thing we have to work with is what people are saying. Someone says "Hey, this man sexually assaulted me", you may be a bit skeptical beacuse, hey, anyone can say that and they're the only one saying that. But if many others come out and say "actually, it happened to me too" and even give details of what happened (which is also happening now, as well) then it becomes harder and harder to be skeptical without being stupidly skeptical. You can be skeptical of everything but that doesn't mean it's logical to do so. Sticking so strongly to the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" on a crime that is undeniably very difficult to prove gives a lot of power to rapists, more so than with any other crime out there.
>>
Someone give me a quick rundown of everything that's happened so far, because if it's all coming from a single unproven allegation by an anoymous person then this seems like a diproportionate fallout.
>>
>>72739826
You are irreconcilably thick. Much like your paragraphs, break that shit up senpai.
>>
>>72739842
nigs and jews and women.
>>
>>72739679
Nice strawman m8
My point is that tumblr and similar sites greatly exaggerate everything and make kids scared of everything
>>
>>72739851
>lol tl;dr
so did you realize he was right or are you just retarded
>>
>>72739912
>thinks tumblr is responsible for distrust of the police
>complains about a strawman
do you not see the irony in this
>>
>>72739842

It's wildly disproportionate but this is the world we live in now. Not only is the band ruined so potentially is the life of this guy, I wonder if / how the other member will recover. I don't think this ending in something preposterous like suicide is unreasonable. It's a very gnarly situation and unless it does transpire Ben is guilty... geez is all I have to say
>>
>>72739940
You're continuing to strawman after I clarified my position, explicitly stating that I didn't literally mean Tumblr is responsible for all mistrust of police
Are you able to read?
>>
>>72739950
you said "tumblr and similar sites" which clearly means you think tumblr is mostly at fault
>>
File: 58947498.png (28KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
58947498.png
28KB, 499x338px
DROPPED BY THEIR MANAGEMENT
>>
>>72740053
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>72740053
crazy that we all witnessed the end of a band as it happened over a 24 hour period

on their release day too!
>>
>>72740053
Fuuuuck, what a trainwreck. It's obviously not as bad as being potentially sexually assaulted, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>>
>>72740053
now everyone is happy
except the band I guess
and the lady who was sexually assaulted
>>
It would be better for a million rapists to get away with rape than for one man to be falsely imprisoned.
>>
>>72740128

Kind of like what happened to Whirr last year...
>>
>>72740155
>and the lady who was sexually assaulted

*Allegedly* assaulted.
>>
File: 9584759.png (2KB, 125x52px) Image search: [Google]
9584759.png
2KB, 125x52px
I know we shitpost about indieheads but I occasionally browse them and they usually aren't that bad but why are they playing along with this as if it's been confirmed?
>>
>>72740161
Only if you were the one falsely imprisoned
>>
how long until the /pol/acks that run fake feminist twitters start accusing people of sexual assault just for kicks?
>>
good now i can enjoy them in peace.
>>
>>72740269
wtf do you think this was?
>>
>>72740275
i don't think this was a case of /pol/ since PWR BTTM's reply implied that the knew of at least one of the situations in question. it just got me thinking though since people jumped on it and started dropping them way before there were any details
>>
>>72740269

So as long as they only falsely accuse other feminists, I'm fine with it.
>>
>>72740206
That subreddit is full of self righteous sjws and trannies. They were so giddy in throwing Gira under the bus when the allegations agaisnt him happened
>>
>>72740332

The whole goddamn indie community (minus Jarboe) did that.
>>
I love drama like this
>>
>>72740339
st.vincent didnt....
>>
>>72740332
/r/indieheads was split down the middle about Gira.

even the initial thread about PWR BTTM before the additional accusations was split, with most of the top comments (at the time) saying "wait for more details before believing this"
>>
>>72740332
I don't remember it being that way.
>>
>>72736781
He's right here, but he's still a faggot.
>>
The real question is: when do I sell their records? Now or later?
>>
Will Ben kill himself or run away? How will Oliver snake his way out of this?? The drama is very fun
>>
>yfw ben starts a neonazi band after all this
>>
My favorite part of this mess is that sjw social media darling Liv surely won't survive it either, because they're so close there's no denying he was complicit - even if It's All False! Wonderful
>>
>>72740499
Later, they're only going to increase in value after this
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (108KB, 486x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
108KB, 486x806px
>>72740548

>mfw
>>
>>72736409

one of the main reasons people form bands is to fuck groupies on tour, have much more sex than you would working in retail or codeshit.

ya know, sex, drugs, rock n roll. why would anyone with a sjw/victim fanbase ever want to go on tour, or ever hook up with anyone? any girl who been drunk or high while having sex can say you sexually assaulted them because they weren't in the right frame of mind.

if the current internet (all the social media) existed at anytime from the 50s to the early 00s, 90% of the bands (indie and mainstream) would have some form of sexual assault allegation brought against one of their members, just because of normal touring band behavior.
>>
Freddie Gibbs, Conor Oberst, the list goes on.
How about a little innocence until proven guilty? If he is guilty, they can cross that bridge when they come to it
>>
>>72740643
>one of the main reasons people form bands is to fuck groupies on tour
this is the most retarded post in this thread, and that's saying something
>>
Why can't these sjws be useful and start accusing people like Fantano or Mac Demarco?
>>
>>72740355
That's honestly how this whole thing started. People wanting drama. I hate call out culture for ruining people's reputation off word of mouth alone, but at the same time I know I'll never be called out and I love this sweet, juicy, delicious drama.
>>
>>72740776

I almost wish Fantano did get wrongfully accused that would be funny
>>
>>72740732
NO you are the retarded one, trying to disprove simple biological nature. Men want to fuck as many women as they can. If you deny this you deny all of human history, not just that but mammalian history as well. Men can fuck much more if they have some form of status if they lack good looks or wealth, hence joining a band.
>>
>>72740643

Also, lots of women want to make a lot of money quick. Lying about a rich rock star (obviously not the guy from PWRBTTM) would have been a quick meal ticket.
>>
>>72739332
Music is always political.
>>
>>72740961
no it isnt fuck outta here with this "muh everything is political" faggotry
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.