[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 17 years, At the Drive-In has finally made a new album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: interalia.jpg (151KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
interalia.jpg
151KB, 638x638px
After 17 years, At the Drive-In has finally made a new album. Thoughts?
>>
its amazing how bad his lyrics are yet they put his vocals at the absolute forefront of the mix
>>
>>72722732
I haven't exactly read into the lyrics much, I focus more on the guitarwork which is still pretty solid IMO
>>
>relationhip of command was 17 years ago
n-no...
>>
>>72722681
i wish it was good but it's not. god bless 'em, it just isnt'. i would have taken another Antemasque or Bosnian Rainbows album over this.

at least that tour last year was a really fun time. i doubt i'll go again on the next round.
>>
>>72722778
See the thing is, it FEELS like a follow up to ROC, but it's like the follow up that should have been released years ago. Now, expectations are higher and it feels kinda dated.
>>
>>72722732
>listening to lyrics
Found your problem sonny
>>
it's pretty much what i expected from a bunch of old dudes making a hard rock record in 2017 who havent been together in a decade and a half. and are also missing an OG member. i dunno,,, it's fine. continuum bangs
>>
>>72722832
The lyrics are the loudest most distracting part of the band. Are you telling me you can simply ignore the lyrics?
>>
>>72722732
>>72723336
What makes the lyrics so bad? I remember ROC having pretty decent lyrics. Cryptic but good. I'm sure the lyrics can't be as bad as mars volta.
>>
>>72722681
it's pretty good, far better than i was expecting at least
>>
>>72723531
>What makes the lyrics so bad?
a mixture of how little efort went into creating this sorta puzzling effect with slightly obscure/quaint voabulary words thrown in, its just so obviously bullshit that it sadly ruins it for

he is an incredible singer, I really can't think of a better singer for a band like this, his energy and delivery matches completely but the lyrics are almost as bad as interpol.

and no i am not even a lyrics listener. i fucking hate bob dylan etc. the best i can describe it is like if you were watching a good movie but everyone was wearing annoying dayglow hats and there was no explanation for this fact on an otherwise serious movie. thats his lyrics to me.
>>
>>72723793
>everyone was wearing annoying dayglow hats and there was no explanation for this fact on an otherwise serious movie.

>looking at hats
Found your problem sonny
>>
>I've got a bone to pick with capitalism
jesus christ Cedric, really?
>>
Its good, especially the guitarwork but the thing is atdi was this incredibly forward thinking and energetic band in their time but now their new stuff doesnt stick out from the generation of bands they influenced. I know they have it in them too but atdi isnt what they should be doing now, id love new tmv too but i honestly dont think thats what omar and cedric are into either atm and forcing it could just be disssppointing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.