[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being labelled a /mu/, pitchfork, fantano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 71KbetVv5IL._SL1500_.jpg (105KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
71KbetVv5IL._SL1500_.jpg
105KB, 1500x850px
How do I stop being labelled a /mu/, pitchfork, fantano and scaruffi drone?
>>
>>72722520
>implying anything worth listening to isn't reviewed by them first
>>
by listening to music you like and not caring if people call you a pitchfork, fantano or scaruffi drone
>>
>>72722553
this tbqhwy most things you will encounter will have been praised by one or the other.
>>
>>72722581
pitchfork, fantano or scaruffi drone detected
>>
>>72722553
This

Just take listen to what you like. Take them for suggestions, but really it's up to you. Don't take everything they say seriously
>>
>>72722601
>tbqhwy
tumblr, reddit and facebook pls go
>>
>>72722520
Listen to music in Spanish
>>
>>72722627
Especially p4k's praises and scaruffi's disses
>>
>>72722601
There's fucking tons of music they've not reviewed
>>
>>72722635
Kek funny thing is I don't even use any of that. First time I even saw that was here

>>72722673
Obviously but I mean there are only so many thing worth listening to and those that are will have been shilled by one of them
>>
>>72722520
RYM lists
Find some new releases and pick some at random to listen to
Last.fm suggested artists, artist to listen to next and compatible users are pretty good
>>
>>72722520
I don't read any of these but I still get called that
>>
>>72722792
Not true in the slightest
>>
>>72722792
there are entire genres none of them have touched
you must be ignorant
>>
>>72722854
>>72722851
Not him but Pitchfork alone reviews like ~2000 albums a year. I get that they don't review everything but they inevitably review even pretty niche stuff that I listen to.
>>
>>72722854
>>72722851
remember that the OP also mentioned /mu/ my dude, so yeah. Still I think you're taking me too literally. I don't actually believe every single good album has been reviewed or been posted here that's just retarded and exaggerated.
>>
>>72722912
>>72722925
I doubt any of them have reviewed anything posted in bleep or jazz (except for what newfags post in them)
>>
by finding recommendations from other sources and by not listening exclusively to music from the '90s onwards (it sounds dumb but look at those charts people post). I don't really keep up with music anymore but nowadays I get most of my recommendations from Boomkat and, to a certain extent, The Quietus (along with Pitchfork, though I couldn't give a shit about either Fantano or Scaruffi).

having a much larger interest for film than music I've noticed (perhaps incorrectly? feel free to chime in here) that the critic matters a whole lot more than the outlet. I used to check Pitchfork on a daily basis but couldn't give a fuck about who reviewed the album in question, and, unlike with Fantano/Scaruffi, I haven't really noticed any other individual critics (except Christgau from time to time) being thrown around here. it's all about the outlet, which, in the case of Pitchfork, is and always has been a tastemaker that's kind of shit.
>>
>>72722974
I might've worded this a bit strangely, but the point I'm trying to make is that there's *at least* 30 established film critics I keep up with and about as many amateur ones I follow, meaning the views on a piece will vary a whole lot more than if you're just going off of Pitchfork/Fantano/Scaruffi/the consensus on /mu/.
>>
>>72722966
Yeah but then you have contrarians and shitposters talking about how you only like /mu/core it's a vicious cycle, and I've learned not to care. Although I've never been in /bleep/ so I don't know what goes on in there. Also nice dubs
>>
>>72722520
Develop an interest in something that isn't Hip Hop or "Indie"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.