[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the new National song? https://www.you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: The_National.jpg (343KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
The_National.jpg
343KB, 1280x853px
What do you think of the new National song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6duDDkhis
>>
>>72720185
>new national album
my trash bin is rubbing its hands like birdman waiting for this album mate
>>
>>72720192
This new song isn't bad though
>>
>>72720185
i'm not a fan of the drums, they're usually one of my favourite components of a national song along with matt's voice

it's a little more upbeat than their last album

overall it's fine, but it hasn't grabbed my attention and i'm quite a big fan
>>
It's lit f.am
>>
It's good. Love the hook on it.
>>
I don't think it's physically possible for me to understand the appeal of this band.
>>
>>72720478
shit taste
>>
>>72720478
I've come to learn that the people who like The National tend to love them and consider them one of their favorites, but everyone else just sees them as boring, which is understandable.

I think it's easy to write them off as monotonous at first glance, but there really is a lot of nuance there. Boxer/High Violet/Trouble have very distinct features separate from each other, and the progression from album to album is slow but absolutely present. But yeah I understand that they're not all that exciting and it requires a certain mood to enjoy.
>>
>>72720533
Means literally nothing coming from a guy who likes The National or any other shitty "post-punk revival" band.
>>
>>72720596
Sounds like you're upset about your shit taste, sorry anon
>>
>>72720478
>>72720596
I used to be like you man, I just couldn't understand how anyone could get into such a boring, colourless and dull band. They just seemed to be the epitome of a sad uncle band

But since they've become well one of my fav bands. Its really if you're not interested in grand, moody rock music then you probs won't like them, but if you are...fuck me.

They're just so brilliant at creating an atmosphere, their songs are meticulously laced with backing instruments and little tones that set moods so well, its like a rock songs in the setting of a film score, I cannot see how that is not attractive.
And then added to that the lyrics are always crisply on point declarations of loneliness and isolation.

"I must be me, I'm in my head
Black birds are circling my bed
I must be me, I must be me
Black feathers are falling on my feet"
>>
>>72721849
After years of dismissing them they "clicked" one day and it was all I could listen to for like 3 months. I think >>72720591 was right in that you have to be in a certain mood, or atmosphere as you put it, but when you're in that specific headspace nothing scratches that itch like The National. It's a very specific feeling of kinda sad and lonely but not TOO sad and lonely, a bit melancholy and nervous but kinda cool and confident with it. I don't know, but it hits a certain sweet spot that no other band can.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.