[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post albums/artists that are so overrated by normies that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 40oztofreedom.png (590KB, 1504x1504px) Image search: [Google]
40oztofreedom.png
590KB, 1504x1504px
ITT we post albums/artists that are so overrated by normies that they're underrated by this board.

Pic is mine.
>>
File: Nirvana-Nevermind1.jpg (114KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
Nirvana-Nevermind1.jpg
114KB, 625x625px
Also this.
>>
>>72710366
Nah, the epitome of "dude, weed" can't possibly be underrated, even by the edgelords on this board. Fuck Sublime.
>>
File: Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
and American Idiot
>>
>>72710809
they were actually more of an alcohol band at that time. it's called 40oz. to Freedom, not 2 Joints to Freedom. it's an album of backyard parties, playing on the beach, hook ups, and recklessness.
by the next album they become a heroin band.
maybe they mellowed out to weed by the last one.
>>
>>72710809
Eh. That just means you clearly haven't listened to it. You probably know Badfish and Santeria are one of their other bullshit songs. A lot of their songs borderline on hardcore punk.

New Thrash, Seed, We're only gonna die from our own arrogance (Bad Religion cover), Hope (descendents cover).
>>
>>72710917
Dookie is great. To add to that list. I'd put on Dude Ranch and very Proud of Ya by AFI.

Not a huge American Idiot fan, but I know people like it.
>>
File: what i expected what i got.png (2MB, 1844x670px) Image search: [Google]
what i expected what i got.png
2MB, 1844x670px
>>72710809
Take the Sublime-pill
>>
>>72711439
They have the perfect trifecta of reasons people won't give them a chance.

1. dude w3333d
2. their popular songs are their worst
3. inspired a bunch of trash bands
>>
>>72711591
People who shit on music without listening are the true plebs. Sublime will be our little secret.
>>
File: lateralus.jpg (179KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lateralus.jpg
179KB, 1440x1080px
>>
The biggest secret of Sublime is simply Brad. People conceive of them as this wigger ripoff project but the reality is that Nowell was an unbelievably gifted songwriter with a voice that could match the greats in any genre he appropriated.

I grew up in california and have abandoned literally every other shitty band I liked because of local culture exposure but Sublime holds the fuck up.
>>
>>72710366
>>72710383
>>72710917
Shit albums
>>
>>72711411
Any AFI before Sing The Sorrow is godlike punk, and is just underrated in general. Most normies don't even know AFI were a punk band.
>>
i think Kurt is the biggest one by far, he has such a meme status as le pained artist that normies think they're like him because they were sad in highschool once, but he really was a good songwriter.
>>
>>72713626
Sing The Sorrow is unironically better than anything not named Black Sails tho.
>>
This whole thread is my album collection when I was 15.
>>
File: 1492453632936.jpg (13KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492453632936.jpg
13KB, 268x320px
>Hating on Sublime
Nice job, you listened to Wrong Way, What I Got and Santeria on Youtube. Entry level faggots.
>>
File: patd.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
patd.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Unironically, their whole discography. They've been consistently relevant in the mainstream, so /mu/ writes them off as top 40 normie tier. I get that I Write Sins Not Tragedies was ridiculously edgy and overplayed, but really? After a decade of diverse and solid albums since then, it's not enough for anyone to once say "oh, maybe they are actually something to even attempt listening to" People around here call them generic pop, but can't (and for that matter, aren't even familiar enough with their catalog to accurately do so) name what albums or other apparent top 40 shit that Panic is a take off of, since they're apparently such a shit tier normie group. Funny how rhetoric it is that they're a shit group here on /mu/, yet there's no founded reason as to why besides
>teenagers like them so let's be contrarian and call them shit
>>
>>72715013
>name what albums or other apparent top 40 shit that Panic is a take off of
Jimmy Eat World, Fall Out Boy, Saves the Day, the list could on..

add hints of baroque pop and you're good to go. i mean i like them a bit but they're a mid-00s Fueled By Ramen band, certainly not as good as their influences.
>>
>>72710809
"Caress Me Down" is fantastic you smelly little pleb. Do you hate fun?
>>
"Sugar, We're Goin Down" is a brilliant song
>>
>>72715096
take this to your grave is full of great songs too, it's better than cork tree 2bh
>>
>>72715079
>names typical skater sunshine pop punk
Only applies to their first album, and AFYCSO is still by far much more diverse sounding record than any of those (if you've only heard I Write Sins then you wouldn't really know). Those groups sounds are basically
>rhythm guitarist plays power chords while 2nd "lead" guitarist plays melodies with guitar octaves
AFYCSO has much more flavor, because of the jazz chords used in favor of regular power chords, the diverse instrumentation (electric elements, '20s jazz horn sections, orchestral string parts, rag time style piano, etc.) And even if it was true that it was a bland ripoff of other pop punk groups, their sound after that album is completely polar opposite going forwards.
>>
>>72715086
If you like Caress Me Down, try the uncensored version of '89 Vision, the one where they don't drown out the vocals at the explicit parts.
>>
>>72715166
look, the albums with the original core band are interesting musically, but I Write Sins constantly nears jumping the shark with its word soup, livejournal lyrics and Pretty Odd just sounds like a genre revival album from the late 00s.

after that I didn't pay attention anymore. those two certainly aren't bad tho.
>>
>>72711937
>not Ænema
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.