[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightning Bolt is objectively the best noise rock band of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Lightning_Bolt.jpg (30KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning_Bolt.jpg
30KB, 500x750px
Lightning Bolt is objectively the best noise rock band of all time.
prove me the fuck wrong
>>
>>72703494
I can't
>>
i don't care about your opinions on best or worst but Lightning Bolt are amazing.

fuck your division
>>
They are pretty fucking good no doubt, but I don't really like talking about "the best" of anything. They're very good. I don't listen to a lot of noise rock but I'm into Daughters, The Goslings, Hella (yeah they're mostly a math rock band but they're quite noisy), Big Black, Rapeman, nothing really past that. Any recommendations? I'm open to whatever.
>>
But Keiji Haino and related projects all exist.
>>
File: 41eS2sN9y9L.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41eS2sN9y9L.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
pic related
>>
Lightning Bolt is also one of the best examples of being a really good band + supporting their local scene.
>>
>>72703494
i prefer the original boredoms, thank you very much
>>
>>72704714
great album
>>
>>72704674
try melt-banana
>>
>>72704792
I've heard them, not super into it. Oh yeah I really like Coughs and The Boredoms too
>>
>>72704830
have you tried guerilla toss?
they're like a us version of m-b
>>
>>72703494
>Lightning Bolt
AC/DC of noise rock
>>
Sonic Youth
>>
>>72704877
Nah, I'll look into them
>>72704886
lol maybe? they do seem to be well known it's funny in their movie there's a scene where Brian Chippendale brings up a conversation he had with their manager about how he felt like they didn't do as abstract stuff as they did early on and he laughed saying that the band was basically "classic rock" at that point by his standards.

I would argue that the group's released are still very powerful and often out there not that weirdness constitutes quality.
>>72704895
As much as I love Sonic Youth, the problem with calling them a noise rock band is that the majority of their output is basically post-punk and alternative rock with noise rock elements. Nothing wrong with that like I said I love the band. Some of my favorite songs of theirs are off their very early albums.
>>
Arab on Radar
>>
File: james_murphy_coffee_640_410_90.jpg (64KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
james_murphy_coffee_640_410_90.jpg
64KB, 640x410px
>>
>>72704830
Listen to Black Pus. It's Lightning Bolt minus the bass player.
>>
Trumans goddamn Water
>>
>>72706195
i like Black Pus too lol I'm bad at making lists it seems
>>
>>72706962
Have you listened to Mindflayer?
>>
>>72704948
literally everything up until daydream nation can be considered noise rock. they might not be the best but they weren't an alt rock band until daydream nation or goo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmGWSm2a3Es
>>
>>72704674
check out Cherubs
>>
>>72704948
>Sonic Youth
>post-punk
dude fuck off, they helped create/popularize the genre of noise rock in the first place

sonic youth, LRD, fushitsusha, the dead c, laddio bolocko, skullflower, and maybe unwound if you include their npi/repetition/the future of what stuff as noise rock
all better than lightning bolt
they're fun though
>>
>>72708216
>sonic youth
>not post-punk
fucking kek
>>
>>72708229
sorry, are you trying to say something?
i can't tell
>>
>>72708216
>sonic youth
>better than lightning bolt
>>
>>72708407
if you're trying to summarize my post for brevity you probably shouldn't bother considering it's already pretty short
>>
>>72708427
Sonic Youth is indie rock college hipster trash. Always has been. Calling them noise rock is like calling the Stooges punk. It's revising history because they weren't.
>>
us maple
>>
>>72708216
i mean i get where you're coming from because sonic youth is like 33% tvu, 33% big black, and 33% mission of burma...but still they're a noise rock band
>>
>>72708407
i personally am a far bigger fan of LB but come on, sonic youth is way more important in music history, bolt is just a cute niche project that basically does one thing very very well
>>
lightning bolt fucking sucks
>>
>>72709801
do you enjoy being a hipster?
>>
>>72707008
yeah, i didn't love them
>>72707022
Sister is not a noise rock album
>>72708216
Sister is a post-punk/art rock album
>>
>>72704674
Girl Band
>>
>>72703494
does anyone have a mega for one of their albums that i could borrow??
>>
>>72704714
thanks
>>
>>72703494
Impossible it is true
>>
>>72709713
massively underrated post, best live band of the last 30 years
>>
not so fast fuckface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeTYFZrRPY
>>
Second best to The Goslings
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.