[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people who are past 25 years old start to listen to generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nah.jpg (9KB, 236x286px) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
9KB, 236x286px
why do people who are past 25 years old start to listen to generally less "hardcore" music?
regardless of the genre I see people past that age starting to dislike music with hard hitting drums, heavily distorted guitars, edgy lyrics etc...
is that just pretending to be adults?
>>
Oldfag here (39). This song is my shit right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SSOCfYORbQ

Not bragging or anything like that, just giving an example
>>
>>72702159
because metal and hardcore are shit tier genres that only 14 year olds enjoy.
>>
Age up
BPM down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mowpJfFD6E
>>
>>72702159
Because at some point you realize that defying convention for its own sake reflects an embarrassing immaturity.
>>
>>72702159
29 here. generally i'd listen to something legit smooth, but it's nice too blast some 'hardcore' stuff as you called it
>>
You mean hardcore punk? It's just less appealing when you run out of angst. The good stuff is still good, but if you see a 30 year old guy dressed like a 14 year old 'punk kid's you know he's got some weird maturity issues.
I go to punk gigs in regular clothes and the majority of people in the scene are complete assholes.
>>
>>72702378
not hardcore punk, "hardcore" music in general
I mean the genres or subgenres that are not very catchy or wouldn't appeal to people who are not into it
>>
>>72702541
Yeah, I think it's just the lack of angst. Then you get into the weird 'normal' people and they only care about upholding the image society has for them so they become salarymen and stop liking 'childish things'. Those guys creep me out.
>>
>>72702159
>>72702159
My theory is that when you are young life is boring with few responsibilities and you are rebelling with angst, and so the music brings the excitement and breaks the boredom.

When you grow up life starts getting crazy busy with responsibility and stress and you need to relax and chill out more to get away from it all.
>>
because it hard to do anything productive with "hardcore" music.
>>
wage slavery has suffocated the life out of them
>>
>>72702159
we become mature
>>
>>72702159
They expand their social circles, that usually means stop acting like metal teenagers and start acting sophisticated adults.

I never really cared for that pretentious bs, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>72702159
Because after working a job your soul is crushed
>>
There was an interview where Trent Reznor talked about the angsty rebel phase, I think he was quoting the dude from Green Day though. Pretty much when you're young it's sexy but when you're old it just comes off as bitter and you have mental issues.
>>
>>72702930
> it just comes off as bitter and you have mental issues.

Trent, Billy Joe - welcome to /mu/ !
(now get out)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.