[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 35 years since this was released. What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DuranRio.jpg (106KB, 352x350px) Image search: [Google]
DuranRio.jpg
106KB, 352x350px
It's been 35 years since this was released. What do you guys think of this timeless album and the new wave scene in general?
>>
not bad as haters make out to be

not a timeless classic either. hungry like the wolf is best song.
>>
>>72698168
I think it still holds up. Just full of lively and passionate energy. Very atmospheric and colorful. Rio, Hold Back the Rain and Save a Prayer are the best ones for me.
>>
>>72698168
>not a timeless classic either. hungry like the wolf is best song.
No wonder you don't think it's a timeless classic, you think the worst track is the best track
>>
>>72698168
>hungry like the wolf is best song
you wanna know how i know you've never listened to the album?
>>
lonely in your nightmare is my favorite duran duran song

also the new wave scene is vastly underrated compared to the overrated post-punk scene of the time
>>
>>72697994

honestly my least favourite duran duran album

got all their stuff in 24/192 and i am even including Arcadia....
>>
>>72697994
one of the best albums to bass jam along with
>>
>>72698233
>>72698313
>>72698340

i was baiting. if you wanna know my real fave song from it : it is new religion.

i was only baiting about the favorite song doe. my overall thoughts of the album were tru.
>>
>>72698398
Even compared to Thank You?
>>
Best album by them. Listened to it then and now. Held up pretty good.
>>
>>72698233
Save a prayer is a classic, wonderful song.
>>
>>72697994
Obligatory their bassist was funky post. That Rio bassline alone is worth millions of dollars.

The New Wave scene was quite something. Punk and Post Punk were nice, but really New Wave is what did the industry the most good. It's just perfect pop by whatever means necessary.
>>
childhood is when you think Hungry Like the Wolf is the best song
edgy adolescense is when you think The Chauffeur is the best
adulthood is when you realize the whole album is great, but Last Chance On The Stairway is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TSOM7PkFkg
>>
>Rio
Pretty damn great album. I would agree it's fairly timeless (so far) because 35 years later the production is still fresh and the songwriting very clever. I found out about it and the rest of the New Wave through my dad lol. New wave is awesome, especially when it's got a bit of a zolo lean to it.
>>
>>72697994
new wave is pretty cool

it does hold up, it's fun and sweet af
>>
The Chauffeur is one of the greatest songs of the 80's.
>>
>>72698909
>>72698977
>>72699019
>>72699032
>>72699363
>>72699444
Just gave the album another listen. God damn, I can say with confidence that there isn't a single bad track on the album. Hungry Like the Wolf is my least favorite, and yet that song is still worth something.
>>
>>72699599
Nope, every song could have been a hit and yet doesn't sacrifice the musicianship. It's an underrated album around here, but an obvious classic and for a good reason.
>>
bump for duran
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.