[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best song on Humanz and why is it She's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Gorillaz-Humanz-album-cover-art.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz-Humanz-album-cover-art.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
What's the best song on Humanz and why is it She's My Collar?
>>
Because it isn't.
Saturn barz > she's my collar > ascension
>>
It's Momentz, my family
>>
>>72696282
>not charger
>>
>>72696282
She's my collar is shit. Best is Busted and Blue or Hallelujah Money.
>>
>>72696799
Busted and blue has nothing to do on a Gorillaz album. It belongs on one of those sad and depressing Albarn solo albums.
>>
>>72696805
>Busted and blue has nothing to do on a Gorillaz album
On an album like Humanz that should be considered a compliment.
>>
>>72696805
If you didn't cry to it at least once you're not human
>>
>>72696840
>crying to music

are you one of those pathetic people who identify themselves as the protagonist when they watch a romcom?
>>
>>72696840
You make me feel ashamed to listen to the same music as you
>>
>>72696282
that's the fucking worst
>>
Anyone hated Saturnz Barz at first then realised it's really good 2 weeks later?
>>
File: tumblr_n90735fyMo1rkkb5mo8_500.gif (996KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n90735fyMo1rkkb5mo8_500.gif
996KB, 500x281px
>>72697122
I think that goes for a majority of this album honestly.
Even if it doesn't have as good of a flow as other Gorillaz albums I'm slowly realizing it has the most individual songs I like and I find it an easy listen through without skipping anything. Doesn't reach the highs of Plastic Beach and Demon Days but I never found it to have the same lows either.
>>
Also to answer your question OP, probably because She's My Collar has the most "pop" structure out of any of the tracks outside of Saturnz Barz. It's an incredibly easy track to digest and has a memorable chord progression. In that essence it's not too dissimilar to Feel Good Inc, 19-2000 or 68 State. In fact, I've argued that if you give the track more of a bass focus and put some De La Soul in it, it could've been a decent followup Feel Good Inc.

Hell, try listening to the track while looking at the album cover for Demon Days, s/t or even D-Sides. I was surprised how I quickly found myself believing that track could've come from any of those albums.
>>
I'm liking the Apprentice track alot tbqh
>>
>>72696840
Nathan pls go
>>
only good songs are Busted and Blue, Shes my Collar, Ascension, Andromeda, Charger, and Submission
>>
First listen, currently at Submission
So far this is embarassing to listen to
Their earlier stuff wasn't that great but this is dog shit
Saturnz Barz is the only passable one so far
>>
ALL MY LOIFE
>>
>>72698936
What's embarrassing about Strobelite?
>>
I miss De La Soul
>>
>>72699014
wut
>>
>>72698997
Peven Everett
>>
>>72699022
Oh wait they're on momentz, never mind.
>>
This album is shit. The damon songs are boring, the rap songs are shit, and the rest is boring.
>>
>WHEN
YOUR
>PRI
VATE
>LIFE
IS
>DREAMIN'
>>
File: 1493758874366.png (268KB, 423x418px) Image search: [Google]
1493758874366.png
268KB, 423x418px
>>72699071
>Who knows? There's always stains on what's real and true
>Tonight is a special, special occasion
>And all that's left for us to do
>IS
>MOVE
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.