[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Joni Mitchell? Should I listen to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (256KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1401x788px
What's your opinion on Joni Mitchell?
Should I listen to her and if so where do I start?
>>
>>72691137
Start with Blue
>>
>>72691137
On youtube is a great concert of hers being backed by Pat Metheny and Jaco Pastorius
>>
>>72691137
No other popular female musician has shit on Joni
>>
>>72691184
>>72691137

here's a good moment from that concert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyOUk1q12O0
>>
>>72691137
no
>>
>>72691137
Joni Mitchell is fucking awesome, if you're even remotely interested in classic singer-songwriters she's worth a fair shake. At her best, she was just as good as Dylan, Cohen, Drake, etc.

Blue is definitely where you should start, followed by Clouds if you want more of her folksy sound or Court and Spark if you want to explore her jazz phase (personally I'm much more fond of the former, but C&S has a few of her best songs).

I'd hate to raise your expectations too high, but Blue is legitimately one of the best god damn albums I've ever heard. It's beautiful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrEqIpi6sg
>>
>>72691137
Definitely yes. I'd check out all her discography chronologically.

>>72692255
kys
>>
Yes to OP, Joni Mitchell is great. Surprised nobody has recommended Ladies of the Canyon, don't be put off by its lame hippie name.

Can anyone recommend where to start with Joan Baez?
>>
>>72691137
She's great! Start with Blue.
>>
>>72691137
Joni is great, give all her stuff a try. She was real good friends with Leonard Cohen, that's how I got into her.
>>
>>72691439
Julia Holter? Feist? Bjork? Kate Bush? Nina Simone?
>>
>>72692299

Agree
>>
>>72693738
all except feist are as great as joni
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5FBdXiYDPo this one is really good not sure if she ever put it on an album
>>
>>72691137
If you're not interested in her pop albums - listen to her debut album, Blue and Hejira.
>>
>>72693738
I'll give you Nina Simone, but those other ladies wouldn't exist without Joni
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.