[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, what is the best rock band of the last 30 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

hey guys, what is the best rock band of the last 30 years and why is it boris?
>>
Saying this candidly as a 100% devoted Boris fan who loves all their albums

Their vision nowadays is way too autistic to appeal to a broader audience and the only reason they're popular is because in the first ten years as a band they put their own spin on established styles and genres that people already liked, so they got big until
Pink fucking blew them up. starting with Smile they started to try doing their own thing more and that's when people started to dislike them save for devoted fans, half of whom probably don't actually like the new stuff, buy the vinyl listen once and then shelve because it's just a routine now, but fucking loooove their early-mid work, that's all people wanna hear live anyway

So yeah they're the best but they're also Japanese and that means they're just a novelty for critics anyways
>>
>>72683550
I see what you're saying... Their original appeal was really how they approached styles that are pretty idiosyncratic from the start, in an idiosyncratic way. I feel however that they haven't really gone from great to meh as much as they have gone from great to uneven. I mean, their consistency from Amplifier Worship through Pink is just awe inducing. I can't think of another band that has put out, like, seven 8/10+ albums in less than ten years. Recently, however, I feel that they still have their highs (I liked Präparat and their recent EP, Mr. Shortkill) but also pretty shitty lows (I didn't like Noise, and the asia/urban dance/warpath-trilogy was just... awful)... It'll be interesting to see how (or if) they develop
>>
>>72684911
>not including Absoltego in the streak
Anyways, good analysis. Do you like their new album? It's going back to their roots in a way.
>>
>>72684943
Which album do you mean? Haha, it's so hard to keep track of all of their releases
>>
>>72683550
Ummm, just who was doing stuff like Flood and Feedbacker before them? That's their most original stuff.
>>
This is their last album and they're disbanding after this..
>>
>>72685134
How the hell have I not heart of this?? Where can I read more about it?
>>
>>72685011
Their 25th anniversary album, called Dear. It was originally going to be their breakup album but they decided to keep going.

>>72685198
>>72685134
They said they weren't breaking up I think
>>
>>72682979
mmm... i'm going to say Guns'n'Roses. Tough one.

>boris
yeah you're a complete faggot. How's that working out for you?
>>
>>72682979
I think Ween probably
>>
>>72685314
>Guns'n'Roses fan
>autistic
like poetry
>>
Love the early stuff up to Pink like >>72684911 said, and Smile is good but I haven't really cared for anything since. I don't think they've put out anything interesting since Smile either, let alone fun.
>>
>>72686122
To add, Boris could be my Zeppelin or some shit that I see every year they come around until them or I die just because they are always a blast live.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.