[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate dad rock? What's the problem with this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1483064639969.png (673KB, 531x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1483064639969.png
673KB, 531x1163px
Why do you hate dad rock? What's the problem with this, besides some 10 year old kids saying they were born in the wrong time?
>>
Nothing is wrong
>>
I have father issues and because of this I hate what he likes for no real good reason
>>
it has to do with dads being out of touch and thinking they're badasses for listening to AC/DC

the whole "dad rock" thing has more to do with dads being like "yo, child, Led Zeppelin is THE HARDEST SHIT EVER" when common middle school babbies listen to shit that's way harder

at least this is my personal experience of it
>>
>>72679351
I was actually made fun in high school for liking led zeppelin, the doors and queen for example. But i come from a low/middle class area so not liking rap and hip hop was almost a sacrilege.
>>
>>72679148
My biggest problem with "dadrock" is just that it's been overplayed to death on classic rock radio, and people should broaden their horizons
>>
>>72679148
It's not fun
>>
I really don't think the constant guitar solos add anything
>>
People who worship 'dad rock' for me are who thinks that is the only 'real' music. They usually compare top 40 music with dad rock and think they're superior without really trying to broaden their music taste.
>>
>>72679316
this but unironically
>>
>>72679148

>using the term "dad rock" unironically

You youngins are gonna piss me off
>>
>>72679148
My dad abused me when I was younger.
>>
When y'all are discussing dad rock, are you referring to the increasingly old window of time from the late 60's into the early 80's that's still called "classic." Or are you updating your mental list every couple of years to be like "whelp, Foo Fighters just became dad rock this year."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.