[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Fantano shit on Yeezus yet praise AE? He says dumb shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2923.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2923.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
Why does Fantano shit on Yeezus yet praise AE?
He says dumb shit like
>omg no rapper who even have the balls to rap over these beats
When Yeezus is literally that.
>>
>>72673788
Have you listened to Ain't It Funny? Best track of the decade familam
>>
The perception that Ye just ripped off DG probably colored his opinion.
>>
>>72673852
this
>>
Yeezus and Atrocity Exhibition aren't remotely similar albums, except that they can be considered "experimental hip hop".
And that he believes Kanye was trying to ride on a wave of an underground style of hip hop that already has existed since the 90s and make it mainstream instead of being on the front of hip hop like he usually is.
>>
>>72673788
Fantano's a little bit biased
>>
>>72673788
>He says dumb shit like
>>omg no rapper who even have the balls to rap over these beats
He actually said that? I mean, it's obviously a bit less conventional than your regular trap shit, but the only actually 'weird' instrumental is the first one.

>>72673852
This basically. Death Grips was probably the first industrial hip-hop band he'd ever listened to, and he probably never listened to grime before Skepta's last album.
>>
>>72673788
They're both good
>>
>>72673893
>a little bit
>>
>>72673788
I love Yeezus and AE, but there wasn't a lot special about the beats on Yeezus. AE had a new sound, it wasn't even about being experimental or anything (even though it ended up being that way). I'm slightly convinced Ye heard death grips, said "I like that" and then proceeded to make the sound his own. But fantano loves death grips and I'm pretty sure he's a bit biased towards Kanye so there's that. AE is a completely different record entirely though. They don't even really sound similar. It wasn't even a TOTALLY bold step in a new direction for Danny, it was sort of the logical next step for his sound, since it's always been very unique. One of the biggest reasons that Yeezus receives so much praise, is not because it was a new sound, but because it was a new sound for pop. Again, I enjoyed yeezus, but the simple fact of the matter is that Yeezus was ground that had been covered already in the underground.
>>
>>72673788
Yeezus's beats where subdued compared to AE thats a fact.
>>
>>72673910
https://youtu.be/PkDH0RquNYo?t=23m48s
>>
>>72673788
What the actual fuck are you on about?
>>
>>72673852
Isn't it to the extent that he interpreted I Am A God (ft. GOD) 100% literally in his Yeezus review? Lol if true.
>>
>>72674128
>my opinion is a fact
>>
>>72674128
yeezus beats was made from gesafelstien. you can fuck right off with that statement good sir. kanyes fault he couldnt make good rap out of it
>>
>>72674689
>yeezus beats was made from gesafelstien
literally 2 songs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.