[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm not pissing on Deep Purple. But I'll piss on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Billy_Corgan.jpg (20KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Corgan.jpg
20KB, 322x400px
>I'm not pissing on Deep Purple. But I'll piss on fucking Radiohead, because of all this pomposity. This value system that says Jonny Greenwood is more valuable than Ritchie Blackmore. Not in the world I grew up in.
>>
Billy Corgan is a fucking retard
>>
The world is a vampire
>>
>>72673702
based billy
>>
File: aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg (101KB, 1000x849px) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg
101KB, 1000x849px
>Interviewer: Your music has been hugely influential. One of the more prominent musicians who’ve said that they’ve been inspired by your records are Radiohead? Did you listen to any of their last two album „Kid A“ and „Amnesiac“?

Richard: I don’t like them. I heard maybe five or six tracksand I thought they sounded really really cheesy.

>Interviewer: Cheesy?

Richard: Yeah, really obvious and cheesy. I mean I’m just comparing it to my favourite music and I think it’s terrible compared to that. But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Radiohead come along you will probably think that they are geniuses.

>Interviewer: Don’t you think it’s a good thing if only one percent listen of the people who buy a Radiohead album will then go and check out stuff like Rephlex?

Richard: I’m not that bothered honestly. I’m quite happyn with the state of things at the moment. I like there to be shit music around. I like people to not be informed of what’s around. If too many people would listen to what I listen to I wouldn’t like it. I always wanted to be seen as being different. I like to like things that other people don’t. If Merzbow was in the charts I wouldn’t like it anymore. Some people don’t wanna do what everyone else is doing and some people do. It’s very simple. (laughs)
>>
This is one reason rock started dying in the 90s.
>>
>>72674093
bald billy
he's just butthurt that thom and jonny can grow hair
>>
DALE
>>
File: Snoopmore.jpg (66KB, 666x799px) Image search: [Google]
Snoopmore.jpg
66KB, 666x799px
>>72673702
He's not wrong.

Here's a question, though; why is Blackmore still revered in Europe and Japan, but was pretty much forgotten in the States after about 1991?
>>
>>72674119
>Interviewer: The sister project related to the same piece of Penderecki is going to be realized by Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead. You once stated, that you do not like this band too much.
>Aphex: Thats a fact, but recently I contacted Thom York though the internet. I told him: Do not believe everything you read on the newspapers.
>Interviewer: So did you bury the hatchet ?
Aphex: My opinion towards my demotivation with radiohead was exaggerated.
>>
>>72674306
well that's disappointing
>>
File: shivman.png (502KB, 684x573px) Image search: [Google]
shivman.png
502KB, 684x573px
>>72674119
>If Merzbow was in the charts I wouldn’t like it anymore.
fucking abysmal
>>
>>72674119
holy fuck what a disgusting contrarian
>>
yeah?
>>
>>72674125
This.
>>
>>72675720
>After the release of the record, David Bowie praised the band, writing, "[U2] might be all shamrocks and deutsche marks to some, but I feel that they are one of the few rock bands even attempting to hint at a world which will continue past the next great wall—the year 2000."
>>
>>72674153
>but was pretty much forgotten in the States after about 1991?
91? Everybody forgot about Blackmore after he left DP for the first time.
>>
File: billy on weird people news show.png (272KB, 494x279px) Image search: [Google]
billy on weird people news show.png
272KB, 494x279px
>>72673702
>tfw when le vampire man is the most redpilled ghoul person in modern music
>>
File: Problematic Reznor.jpg (60KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Problematic Reznor.jpg
60KB, 612x612px
>>72673702

>“I was never a big Smashing Pumpkins fan back when they were the Pumpkins, not to shit on Billy or anything but I don’t hear anything that would make me want to care."
>>
>>72673702
I don't even like Radiohead, but Johnny Greenwood is more valuable than Ritchie Blackmore
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.