[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BLUES FALLING DOWN LIKE HAIL, blues falling down like hail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Robert Johnson.jpg (155KB, 1000x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Johnson.jpg
155KB, 1000x1398px
>BLUES FALLING DOWN LIKE HAIL, blues falling down like hail

ITT: Post your favorite blues artist before 1950.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQva5wKSfzM
not a /leftypol/ but this is way too catchy
>>
I really fucking hate the whole bullshit white folks still hold on to about Johnson giving his souls to the Devil. Robert Johnson is a great guitarist and vocalist but is overshadowed by this selling souls to the devil meme.
>>
>>72668488
It's just a joke. Dylan once admitted he sold his soul to the devil(or God, but he said some otherworldly being) to be as good as he was. Johnson gets more attention for it though because of his mystique.
>>
>>72668488
Sure but me and the devil blues is a fucking fantastic manga
>>
>>72668560

It's not a joke lad. There are documentaries and books about this meme. Me and the Devil Blues wasn't even one of his best songs, according the one of the documentaries on the delta blues made in the 80's (I forget which one), a guy said that Johnson never played Me and the Devil Blues live nor would he ever dared. As far as Bob Dylan saying that, he said that way after his prime. For some reason he elected to say that during one of his most televised interviews. Possibly to elect himself to the same alumni as many other great artist associated with the "devil". Apparently it worked for him.

>>72668736
It is fantastic but not close to one of his best songs.
>>
Leadbelly
>>
>>72668966
No, I mean the manga, as in a congolese comic book
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ore-to-Akuma-no-Blues
>>
Blind Willie McTell
Washboard Sam

of course Leadbelly and Johnson

I'd say JB Lenoir but he's post 1950
>>
Charley Patton was supposedly the best act of his time, which was a bit before Johnson, but the recordings we have of him are all shit today. Rumor has it Albini produced them.
>>
>>72669207
>Charley Patton and Nirvana are only one degree removed
Neat
>>
>>72668259
Blind Lemon Jefferson
>>
>>72668966
It isn't just Me and the Devil Blues, Crossroads is about how he did it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.