[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If U2 are so supposedly hugely popular, how come I barely know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 20170508_151537.png (44KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_151537.png
44KB, 256x256px
If U2 are so supposedly hugely popular, how come I barely know more than one song by them and have never met one of their fans?
>>
>>72667357
Because you know nothing of music and don't leave the house
>>
F A K E N E W S
>>
People that go to self-help seminars every week listen to U2
>>
>>72667357
You're 14, from Hicksville, USA and your entire music knowledge is from Fantano
>>
>>72667357
I'm sure your mom's a huge fan. You just don't know it.
>>
>>72667380
DAMN SON
>>
Because you were born after 9/11 and have no concept of history or culture. Check out this website wikipedia.org. Lots to learn
>>
>>72667380
I never consciously heard a u2 song but damn this seems accurate

anyways not everybody here is a burger or bong like I don't wonder why you don't know who nina hagen is
>>
Because they're not and most people only heard about them after Apple forced their album on everyone's phone
>>
>>72667425
Are you being ironic, post-ironic, neo-sincere or plain sincere?
>>
>>72667603
Plain sincere
>>
>>72667357
I can't name a single song by Kendrick Lamar, just means I don't listen to rap or hip hop that much.
>>
>>72667357
You live under a rock and you don't educate yourself about important music

Also to be fair they really haven't had a hit since 2005.
>>
Match of the day was when i first heard there song, its a BEAUTIFUL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

oh yeah and those ipear adverts that got shoved down everyone's thoats
>>
I don't know anyone who has said thst U2 is their favorite band. But I've been to a U2 concert with a few friends who enjoy their more popular songs and we all had a really good time.
>>
>>72667357
Why ask such a retarded question when you could listen to them right now?
U2 "fans" are all 40 or older.
>>
The flaw in your sentence is that U2 is 'popular' - they're not. Loads of people love them, but they're not popular in a popular sort of way, if that makes any sense
>>
>>72668512
Explain?
>>
They don't have any current hits. You would have to listen to classic rock or 80s/90s radio stations to be exposed to them without exploring their genre or seeking them out.

Same with the Beatles. I hardly ever hear a Beatles song that I didn't play myself.
>>
>>72669013
What about Beautiful Day and Vertigo?
>>
>>72669252
I mean, "Vertigo" is 13 years old. Crazy, huh?
>>
>>72668512
When you connect your keyboard to your butthole and this is what your ass types
>>
Most media in general is just less communal these days. Probably in your car you either listen to itunes, spotify on your phone, or a highly-specific satellite radio station.

At home you listen to digital music files or stream specific albums. You select what TV and movies you want to stream from the internet. You probably rarely if ever encounter a standard commercial.

You probably do most of your shopping online.

There just isn't a lot of occasion for you to hear music that you or a friend haven't picked out yourselves.
>>
Fuck bono
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.