[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /mu/ think of deadmau5? seems to be he's desperate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
what does /mu/ think of deadmau5?

seems to be he's desperate for some side cash.
>>
>>72664406
his lowest common denomimator edm shit is so played out I don't even know why he keeps trying. he tries to call out other producers for doing shit music or whatever but he comes off as jealous and bitter, it's pathetic.
>>
> Get Scraped is okay idm
> Random Album Title and 4x4=12 are essential progressive house
> while(1<2) is a nice deviation from his usual house stuff
> >album title goes here< is a mix between while and RAT
> Strobe is a good track from an otherwise-mediocre album

everything else is not worth the time
His latest release was a big let-down after hearing while(1<2)
>>
>>72664435
i think he does, really fucking deep down, have actual musical talent

you can hear hints of it throughout all of his work, but nothing ever completely worthy of note

at this point i don't see him ever making anything worthwhile, he just makes pop shit that gets him money so he can get more ok tattoos

also, as to why i think he calls out other musicians, he looks at their works and sees music

to go more in depth, i think hes maybe written an album worth of content he had a passion for, and the rest of it is just a money grab

hes scared to write shit, he admits in various interviews his original intention in wearing the mask is because of stage fright, and that leads me to believe hes scared to release stuff that could be considered a work of 'passion', instead he releases stuff that he knows will get him money

but i was curious for /mu/'s opinion, so thank you for contributing desu

>>72664486

i think that to say

> Random Album Title and 4x4=12 are essential progressive house

is a bit extreme. a lot of people not too /mu/ of course see deadmau5 as a leader in the field of edm (more specifically, as you said, house), but i went through a phase were i listened to everything that could even be slightly considered edm and i dont see his work as too influential

what i mean is yes, those albums can be considered some great examples of prog house, but when you look at the genre as a whole his work never really influenced any one else, and i think in order to be 'essential', your work has to influence other work
>>
File: 513VQCdgYqL.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
513VQCdgYqL.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
i know more than 2 people have an opinion on deadmau5
>>
I think most of his stuff is either cash grab or just plain boring
He might have some talent but he really doesn't know how to use, and he really seems like an asshole, honestly

I'd much rather listen to a guy like Skrillex, he makes fun music and doesn't pretend to be a super serious producer
>>
I like his music, especially RAT

he kind of pisses me off, has all this high end studio gear and his output is shit like his last album which I thought was so painfully mediocre
>>
>>72665128

i completely agree with your first and second statements as shown by

>>72664622

the asshole part i also agree with, i think he developed that personality aspect from being insecure about himself and his music, and he just cant shake it

i never really gave skrillex a shot, and as im pretty out of enjoying edm i dont see myself trying it anytime soon but ive always heard exactly what you said, skrillex makes entertaining music that doesnt take itself seriously, just fun bouncy music from what ive heard

>>72665180

Random Album Title seems to be the one people enjoy most, and i think itd be my choice for favorite out of his discography too

i havent seen his studio but after a google search of 5 seconds i completely agree

i dont even know what half the shit im looking at does yet he cant put out something worthwhile
>>
>>72665276
Check out Bangarang by Skrillex, apart from that very cringy song with The Doors it's actually great
>>
Is it just the same guy making all these deadmau5 threads or has /mu/ really gone to complete shit?
>>
He really has the potential to make something great.

And yet he never has made anything more than solid at best, coming from someone who's been listening since 2010.
>>
He's the only artist I've ever seen get repeatedly crabby about "muh copyright" and stuff online.

I don't mind him but it just about sums him up.
>>
I like him, recently he's stopped giving a shit about pleasing his 14 year old fanbase and actually makes music he wants to make and experiment and it lets his influences and skill shine through. While(1<2) is a great album and has more of an Aphex Twin vibe to it.
>>
yee
>>
>>72666173
They're good, but it's not what dubstep is. If I were to show what dubstep is now, it's probably any virtual riot song, then audeka-Oracle. It's a split between the sampled stuff and the more raw flavor of original dubstep
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (933KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
933KB, 2000x2000px
>>72667049
His fanbase isn't 14 year olds at all if I believe. That will go to skrillex and Avicii and snails. That album is pretty good if you ask me, but it's a wild card anyway, just because he strayed from the original stuff he made.

Listen to stuff like billain and machinecode. They're so fucking good, and each song is either meticulously made or it's so damn catchy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.