[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Grohl is a pop songwriter, a renegade punk who enjoys writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Piero.jpg (7KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
Piero.jpg
7KB, 209x204px
>Grohl is a pop songwriter, a renegade punk who enjoys writing refrains with the artistic depth of a Beatles ditty, just like so many leftist students eventually became bourgeois entrepreneurs.
>>
>>72663510
wew lad. gotta love piero.
>>
File: sofia7.jpg (97KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sofia7.jpg
97KB, 600x450px
>Middle age can be brutal. You start ranting against everything and everybody because you are beginning to realize that the world doesn't need you anymore and that you are rapidly becoming an unwelcomed guest in that rapidly changing world that you can't understand anymore. Antony may have picked all the right reasons to rant against the powerful and the rich, but it sounds monotonous and irrelevant when she doesn't also mention that most wars have ended, fewer people are being murdered in the world, and most of the nations that used to be starving colonies now are rising even faster than the old imperial nations.
>Her proverbial vulnerability and fragility have become an excuse to sing in a derelict tone that is appropriate to lament the coming senseless apocalypse but is hardly musical. Her music is not always horrible. It just desperately calls for a less horrible singer. One can respect the ecofeminist activist while at the same time demanding some artistic talent. And of course she carefully avoids telling us how she would keep Afghanistan from falling into the hands of the Islamic fundamentalists. Easy to criticize presidents and generals, harder to actually help the Afghans become as rich and free as she is. It is debatable if the apocalypse is coming because a president uses drones to fight an unpopular war or because the people of his country (like Antony) are indifferent to the tragedies of other nations. By the same token, it is easy for a rich Westerner to rail against the very environmental disasters that made the West rich: what are the other countries of the world supposed to do, refrain from doing what made Antony rich? She sings "I don't want your future", not "I don't want my present". Protest songs are easy to write.
>>
>>72663510
based
>>
File: bowie.jpg (246KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
246KB, 1024x576px
>>72663510

Scaruffi on bowie:

>Now he seems after the ultimate definition of bad taste, while explaining what an incompetent musician he is. One of the most over-rated artists of his generation, David Bowie could have spared himself the embarrassing prophecy of "Never Get Old": as a matter of fact, he was born old.

>However, Bowie merely recycled what had been going on for years in the British underground, in particular what had been popularized by the psychedelic bands of 1967. And he turned it into a commodity: whichever way you look at his oeuvre, this is the real merit of it.
on ziggy star:
>For better and for worse, Ziggy marked the end of the myth of rock sincerity/spontaneity: the star was no longer a teenager among many, a "working-class everyman", and, above all, the star was no longer "himself" but rather a calculating inventor of artificial stances and attitudes.
On blackstar:
>This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

Scaruffi REALLY REALLY despises bowie and pretty much dismisses him as an amateur musician with no originality or taste.
>>
File: 56536487222.jpg (29KB, 785x510px) Image search: [Google]
56536487222.jpg
29KB, 785x510px
hes right desu
>>
>>72663510
you can't even compare him to e-celeb threads cause this retard isn't even remotely famous

/mu/, get a grip
>>
>>72664156
What does Tony Hawk have to do with this?
>>
>>72664131

Bowie's obituary:
> Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

Leonard Cohen's obiturary:
> Cohen died in 2016 at the age of 82, but he had been composing the music for his funeral and bidding his farewell since he wrote his first song. Cohen's career was a career of carefully worded, carefully arranged and carefully sung self-epitaphs. "And even though it all went wrong/ I'll stand before the Lord of Song/ With nothing on my tongue/ But Hallelujah".
>>
File: scaruffi.png (2MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.png
2MB, 960x960px
>>
File: IMG_3445.png (40KB, 150x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3445.png
40KB, 150x175px
>>72664131
>>72664228
Memewie BTFO
>>
>>72664264
What? He doesn't like radiohead
>>
>>72664264
>none of the above albums is lower than a 5
>none of the below albums is higher than 7.5
But those are totally his favorite and most despised albums, ok
>>
>>72663510
>Grohl is a pop songwriter, a renegade punk who enjoys writing refrains with the artistic depth of a Beatles ditty

i've been saying that foo fighters are the modern equivalent of wings
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.