[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slowdive s/t is the far superior shoegaze comeback album of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5832.jpg (61KB, 936x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5832.jpg
61KB, 936x991px
Slowdive s/t is the far superior shoegaze comeback album of the 2010's, waaaaay better than m b v

Fight me fuckers
>>
yo they ripped off radiohead's daydreaming on the last song
>>
It's great but I think MBV did more with their comeback. They used the first third of that album to basically say "yeah, we're MBV, we know why you're here" and then used the back two thirds to actually do interesting shit with their sound. Slowdive don't sound like they've missed a beat but it's very much "Souvlaki with shades of Pygmalion" - nothing wrong with that but it sounds safe compared to m b v. I'm still surprised that they came back with songs like Is This And Yes or Nothing Is, as if they weren't even remotely concerned about how people would inevitably try to perceive the follow-up to Loveless.
>>
>>72656698

Not OP but I don't usually listen to a comeback album from an old band expecting to hear something innovative or different, I just want more of the same because I love the old shit.
>>
>>72656556
agreed.
>>
the cocteau twins song fucked me up but i still prefer mbv
>>
>>72656755

And that's fair. But MBV was always a band that moved incrementally forward with their releases so m b v seems more evocative of who they really were as a band rather than what Loveless has made them out to be, which is to say a band that never made a habit of standing still. Slowdive's the same way and there's some new elements about it but it seems weirdly rooted in the band's dominant legacy, save for Falling Ashes acknowledging wholesale where the band last left off. MBV briefly acknowledged their legacy and then boldly moved forward with their comeback, which is something they probably would've done had they released an album in 1993. Compared to that Slowdive sounds like cleaning out the cobwebs and making sure everything is still in order. And it is, and that's great, but I'm a bit more impressed with what MBV did with their comeback regardless.
>>
Fuck it
>>
m b v was way better.
>>
Ride's album will be better than Slowdive's but both won't be as good as m b v
>>
>>72656556
hey, this is finally out!
listening now...
>>
>>72657198
>The lesser members of the shoegaze Trinity fighting for second place again

Pottery.
>>
File: 1477167103822.gif (2MB, 245x288px) Image search: [Google]
1477167103822.gif
2MB, 245x288px
>>72657067
its a 5.
>>
>>72657198
Ride was always shit.
I don't understand this board's obsession with that band.
>>
>>72656556
I agree. Mbv sucked sounded like shitty leftovers from the loveless sessions
>>
>>72657560
this desu desu senpai
>>
Is there a difference in sound quality between the black and silver pressing?
>>
>>72657560
This. They had a couple of good EPs but their albums were mostly full of trash.
>>
m b v basically sounds like an Amnesiac equivalent to Loveless. It brings nothing new to the table. Whereas Slowdive's new album actually sounds like a fully fleshed out record made in current times.
>>
m b v was quite simply boring and tedious and completely lost the sparkle and vibrancy of the original.

This new Slowdive is actually better than Souvlaki. It has some utterly sublime moments.

Slowdive know what they're good at they execute it with blissful perfection on this album. MBV sounded lost, confused and experimental for the mere sake of it.

I feel sorry for anyone who prefers m b v.
>>
Don't understand the love for bands like this. Just heard this record. It's Coldplay with reverb and a noise track. Sentimental and boring.
>>
>>72656556
No Longer Making Time is SOTY
>>
>>72657560
>>72657954
>>72658101
>implying
Listen to Leave them all behind again
>>
>>72658387
go to bed dave grohl
>>
File: R14kkDj.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
R14kkDj.png
13KB, 657x527px
>thingken about love
>thingken about looove
>>
>>72658399
This, showed it to a couple of mates last night who'd never heard slowdive before and they fucking loved it
>>
>>72658498
oh great, they're conquering the pleb market
>>
>>72658925
oh fuck off cunt
>>
>>72658974
sorry for the shitpost
>>
post ITT if youre seeing them tonight in NYC
>>
It's a five
>>
Saw them in Toronto. Wasn't anything spectacular. Certainly was a fun show but it felt a bit sloppy
>>
H..how about Lush?
>>
>>72657560
Going Blank Again is great, but Nowhere still hasn't clicked for me yet.
>>
>>72659897
for me it's the opposite, only like leave it all behind on going blank again and nowhere has 5 great songs
>>
>>72657970
I want to know this also
>>
>>72659497
Same in Mtl. Worth it but I won't be seeing them a 3rd time.
>>
>>72656556
Im a huge slowdive fan, but mvb is better and really underappreciated, wonder 2, and in another way are masterpieces
>>
>>72660228
But Loveless is so good that you can listen to it endlessly, which makes mbv less necessary
>>
It's a 8/10
>>
>>72656556
m b v was one of the worst albums of the decade, so that's not saying anything
>>
>>72660563
so you think there were milions of better albums?
>>
>>72660623
I don't think that many albums were released this decade, but sure, I would say at least 50% of the albums released this decade were better
>>
>>72658387
shoegaze is just boring coldplay
>>
>>72656556
fuck it its a 5/10

its just pure mediocrity.
>>
>>72660307
True, but that doesn't change the fact that MBV is probably the best shoegaze album released since 1994
>>
>>72661023
Are you implying no shoegaze albums have been released since 1994?
>>
>>72661090
:^)
>>
>>72657198
>Slowdive
>Every album before their breakup was amazing
>Ride
>Two good albums then two shit ones

It's pretty clear Slowdive will be the better comeback.
>>
>>72660695
Other way around kiddo.
>>
>>72661190

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVU44j3g6sA

;)
>>
>>72661023
I don't know any shoegaze besides slowdive, ride and mbv, are there other good bands?
>>
>>72661351
Curve, Swerdriver, Loveliescrushing, Bowery Electric, Seefeel, perfume tree , Swallow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5T95_88ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLe_-ZZbs5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wx_R9BW-8
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.