[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts/opinions on her new stuff? Personally I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Any thoughts/opinions on her new stuff?

Personally I'm pretty let down by the two tracks she released. I hope there's at least some Pure Heroine-esque stuff on the new album
>>
File: 1389685427513s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1389685427513s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
exposed her as a meme pop artist desu
>>
>>72648423
yea.. if the album is anything like the tracks she released so far its gonna be really weird to see people's reactions to something like Pure Heroin and then this..

who knows though maybe it'll surprise me
>>
Fuck all three of you idiots. Pure Heroine was released in 2013. If any single thing on the album was like Pure Heroine you would dislike it anyway.
>>
>>72649796
>you'd dislike it anyway
No, I wouldn't
>>
>>72648342
I think she's trying to stray away from that style of music because in 2016-2017 that style of music is EVERYWHERE now

She started a trend that spawned ripoffs of herself like Daya, Alessia Cara, Halsey, and more, and they're all over the Pop charts cancering everything up shitting on the type of music Lorde made popular, except Lorde was actually good at it

I enjoyed Green Light for the most part, its' not Royals or Team or Tennis Court, but we don't need another one of those in 2017.
>>
>>72649915
OP here.
Yeah, Its not that I dislike it.. I enjoy Green Light and Liability for what they are.. It's just that Pure Heroine made such an insanely lasting impression on me that it was just sort of a let down to hear her singing stuff that sounds so different. To be 100% honest I was sort of hoping for another "Team" "Royals" "Buzzcut Season" sounding album.
>>
>>72649980
In 2013, a year full of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry and watered-down Trap beats, Lorde was a breath of fresh air for mainstream music.

But now, EVERYONE thinks they and their friends have cracked the code, Lorde-type music is all over the charts, and Lorde probably wants to stand out from her wannabes.
>>
>>72649915
THIS

Just fucking listen to Here by Alessia Cara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2CrfmVfw it's literally Royals but watered down and more depressing

And also Haley's New Americana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-eYbUVZedY
which is the cringey more Tumblr-friendly Dance version of Royals
>>
>>72650270
I get what you're saying now. I like both those songs though...I just hope Melodrama is something worthwhile lol
>>
>>72649796
>if an artist whose old music I like releases new music that sounds like their old music, I'm NOT going to like it
Lol troll logic yo
>>
>>72649915
>except Lorde was actually good at it
Which is why Lorde, specifically, making more of it would've been great.

This generic Greenlight stuff? Not getting a good feeling desu.
>>
>>72650105
>>72650270
see
>>72651434

Also,
>>72650105
>and Lorde probably wants to stand out from her wannabes.
Anon, Lorde would have absolutely NO PROBLEMS whatsoever standing out from her many wannabees in 2017 - or any year - for the very simple reason that she IS Lorde.

So she wants to change her sound/style? Sure. Real genuine artists grow and mature over time. Liability, although clearly not the type of song suited to conquering pop charts, imo is a shining example of Lorde being her own genuine self. But a song like Greenlight? As you yourself point out, it sounds like someone triangulating based on current market trends to achieve a desired result. Which is to say that it comes across as about as impersonal and un-genuine as one could be.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.