[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best and most creative Decade in music has to be the 1960s.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1960s-20765272.jpg (50KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
1960s-20765272.jpg
50KB, 400x295px
The best and most creative Decade in music has to be the 1960s.
Legitimately almost every genre produced great music in the 1960s US and UK and Canada markets.

>In R&B you had the Motown hits and upstarts in LA. Don't believe me look at the classics.
You began the decade with Chuck berry, Sam Cooke, and Martha and the vandals and ended with people like Sly and the family stone, the dramatics, and Marvin Gaye.

>Rock music was at its peak. The Decade was ruled by more then the Beatles. The rolling Stones, the kinks, Sam, sham, and the pharos,

>General pop music was also great with dusty Springfield, arethra Franklin, Elvis, and the beach boys.

> Musically we went from the standard rockabilly and early blues sounds to proto punk and metal music by 1968/1969.

Legitimately one of the best decades in music if not the best decades in music for creativity.
Other decades come very close but the 60s wins it for me anyone want to prove me wrong?
>>
it was the 70s actually
>>
60s are good but what about the early 60s? Not a lot of good stuff except jazz. 70s had more quantity year by year I think.
>>
>>72641661
>but what about the early 60s?
lol. plebs cant into surf rock
>>
>>72641644
1970s established alot of genres.
But all of them got their roots in the 60s
Punk got their roots in MC5 and Iggy and the stooges in 68/69
Metal got theirs from the psyhcadelic rock expierience.
Think about it 3 years in the 60s changed music. 67,68, and 69.
>>
Rock definitely didn't peak in the 60's. I'm sorry, but we're talking about a decade that only even really had rock music that wasn't old-timey rock n roll for the latter half of it. There was maybe only *arguably* proto-metal in 1969. There was only proto-punk around the same time. So basically, metal and punk just don't exist. The idea of guitar distortion is still a weird concept. Marshall wasn't even really making 100-watt amps.

Come on, rock peaked in the 70's. You can say you prefer the 60's vibe, but do you? Do you really like the music of 1962 that much? You're telling me 1962 has better rock than 1972? Rock peaked between 1968 and 1977. That's the 70's.

Pop music has been great in literally every decade except maybe the 00's. The 50's had great pop. The 80's had great pop. The 90's, of course, had great pop.

And I don't see what's so great about going from rockabilly to protopunk in 9 years. You know what that means in real terms? 8 years of rockabilly with one year of not-quite-metal.
>>
>>72641661
The mid to late 60s were the real kickers. In 61 the average kid listened to Doo wop, by 65 every kid was either a kinks, Beatles, or rolling Stones fan.
By 1969 it's procal harum, creedance clear water revival, and Jimi Hendrix.
>>
>>72641753
Rockabilly died in 63, we had the British invasion in 63-65 with the kinks, Beatles, and rolling Stones.
The summer of love in 67 helped produce psychedelic rock which paved the way for metal, and punk in 68 and 69.
>>
the doors desu
>>
>>72641885
Can't forget them.
>>
>>72641753
I dunno the 90s had pretty shit pop but personal preference.
As for rock when I mean it peaked I'm talking rock and roll before rock music was split into catagories in the 70s between soft rock like Chicago, hard rock like the eagle's, and early glam metal music like kiss and Alice Cooper. In the 1960s rock music was a huge label. But take a Listin to some of.those songs you think are from 70 alot of them come from 67 and 68.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.