/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually like Jay-Z? He constantly states he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Does anyone actually like Jay-Z?

He constantly states he's the greatest rapper and has been for 30 years but I can't access a single memory of him doing anything worth talking about

Seemingly every song he's ever been on that isn't a waste of time has been produced / written by somebody else and when he actually makes his own material it's usually terrible

His flow is crap. It's awkward, rushed and strained for some kind of emotion that isn't there. Stop and actually listen to him on Empire State of Mind, he sounds like he's 5 years old

Have you ever heard someone say "Yeah I'm the biggest Jay-Z fan"? Has this guy just managed to be come uber successful by coasting by on the coattails of other musicians?
>>
Reasonable Doubt is pretty good but other than that nah
>>
>>72636384

Yes, I like Jay-Z, mainly Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album. He's been pretty shit ever since The Black Album, though.
>>
>>72636384
he cut Grimes a big break and he's fucking god.
>>
Don't you dare talk shit if you haven't listened to Reasonable Doubt
>>
>>72636413
American Gangster is better than the Black Album
>>
>>72636432
Scaurffi affords it a 7/10. i have to listen to it now.
>>
>>72636384

The Blueprint is his only good album, and even then its only like half the album that stands out. Takeover, Izzo,Girls Girls Girls is his best three song streak ever though. I'll give him some respect for those songs
>>
His random features on early-mid 90's random rap albums were pretty good. Like Big L's "Da Graveyard" or Mic Geronimo's "Time to Build" (even though DMX stole the show on that one lol)

See, when you say you are something or when you say someone else is something, they become that.

When you think about it, yeah Jay-Z does jack shit in terms of music. But on the business side of things, he's done quite a bit. I look at Jay Z more as a businessman than an MC. He gave breaks to plenty of rappers, some of whom were/are huge, like I think Kanye West.

So even though he doesn't hold a candle in terms of substance to people like Rakim, Slick Rick, Q-Tip, Nas, Tupac, or even DMX, he has his place in hip hop history. If rappers are grease that allows things to move, Jay Z is a cog that moves due to the grease and keeps the grease moving.

It's not like he's a bad MC, he just doesn't do much worth anything on his own. He got featured a bunch to make a name (early-mid 90's), then talks about being here from the beginning (late 90's-00's), then rides off his king status he built up (10's). It's an image.

Tldr; yeah he got big due to other people, but it isn't as sinister as it sounds.
>>
>>72636729
>See, when you say you are something or when you say someone else is something, they become that.
Holy shit another guy on /mu/ with critical thinking skills

Thanks for the verbose post. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint and The Black Album are all classics, OP lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.