[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOL at the mental gymnastics he uses here to justify the Rolling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Cuckgau.png (107KB, 1326x362px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckgau.png
107KB, 1326x362px
LOL at the mental gymnastics he uses here to justify the Rolling Stones writing songs that objectify women.

"Bbbbut they don't really mean it, it's all an ironic joke Mick Jagger is really androgynous honest gguyys."

He has a tendency to make excuses like this for rock misogyny when it's an artist/band he admires.
>>
>He has a tendency to make excuses like this for rock misogyny when it's an artist/band he admires.

most liberals do this for things/people they admire despite their "problematic" qualities
it's a coping mechanism or something
>>
>>72626972
Name me one song by the Stones that is actually sexist
Protip: YOU CAN'T
>>
Yet he shit on Black Sabbath who didn't even have any sex-themed songs.
>>
>>72627202
Brown Sugar

>>72627207
He shits on them for being wannabe occults doing it for the muhneys
>>
>>72627232
All the early rock critics were New Yorkers, so they completely failed to get bands like Sabbath or understand their background or context, but they'd give Lou Reed and the Dolls a pass because they understood the New York culture they were rooted in.
>>
>>72627232
>Brown Sugar
No, that's just racist
>>
>>72627232
>wannabe occults
it's theatre, fucksake
fuck does he think it was serious or something, it's about as high camp as you can get
>>
>>72627294
https://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/bk-aow/couper.php

See here. Christgau also failed to "get" Alice Cooper or understand the whole campiness of his stage shows.
>>
>>72627279
>>72627232
He does try to explain his way around Brown Sugar in that column, but I didn't post that part.
>>
Ok here it is.

>For no matter how they minimize it, the experience has changed them. Sticky Fingers, released in 1971 but recorded much earlier, went even further in the direction of aesthetic image exacerbation than had marked their 1969 tour. The single, "Brown Sugar," was at once a brilliant exposure and blatant exploitation of the racial and sexual contradictions of their stance, and "Moonlight Mile" commented definitively on the relationship between sex, love, and distance from self.
>>
>>72627202
Starfucker
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.