[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most unique and noteworthy guitarist ever to be all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1470982_orig.png (181KB, 473x699px) Image search: [Google]
1470982_orig.png
181KB, 473x699px
This is the most unique and noteworthy guitarist ever to be all these fucking generic metal virtuosos are retarded wankers
>>
>>72621798
Who is it though
>>
>>72621798
Nah, Rowland's great, a lot more influential than he's given credit for, but nah
>>
>>72621798
>le metal solo wankers
I get you like post punk stuff or whatever, but you sound like the 16 year olds who say Johnny Marr is the most underrated guitarist.
>>
>>72621798
I AM THE KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>>
>>72621798
That's a funny way of saying the late Allan Holdsworth
>>
>>72623009
/thread
>>
>>72622929
Shut up niggerkike his as fucking great as hitler and gg allin combined you tranny wanking faggot
>>
>>72621798
meh

he has a nice vibe but nothing really unique, its just noisy spaghetti western/surf/60s instrumental type playing

he is also probably the worst lyricist in the history of all recorded music with the most faggy whoa is me I'm so sad ;_; cringe shit I've ever heard

I can't listen to his music solely because of that even though I like his playing.
>>
>>72622929
Nah, that's Roger Miller from MoB
>>
but keith levene is the best post punk guitarist
>>
>>72622929
Johnny Marr is actually one of the greatest guitarrists ever though, Jimi would be the only one i'd say is better
>>
>>72623924
He's really good, but he's not even in my top 20. But that's just personal taste. But there's been a flood of post punk kids saying Marr is the most underrated to the point that he's overrated. The most underrated, imo, is The Edge because I think he's fantastic but some people say he's not good at all. Hendrix is still the best though.
>>
Hendrix is mostly noisy noodling. The first experience album is good. Jimi's rhythm work is whats underrated, he is one of the guys that made soulful embelishments between chords a thing. His soloing is mostly masturbating. His music is not that profound or influential either compared to other 60s greats.

Marr is a great player. A guy who played for the song all the time and had a unique sound.

Rating guitarists is stupid overall. If you had a meaningful thing to compare say 'most technically adept' or 'most influential of the 60s' or 'most relavant today' or 'most tasteful' then you might be able to have an argument.
>>
>>72624815
>His soloing is mostly masturbating. His music is not that profound or influential either compared to other 60s greats.
listen again dude. i try not to be one of those "you don't get it" people, but give Electric Ladyland another spin. pay attention to the production and how the solos fit the songs. he's not just noodling randomly.
>>
>>72624919
>Electric Ladyland
its all crap

the solos on Are You Experienced are really good, the song writing on that album is so much better than the other two

he was all fucked on drugs and hedonism after the first album
>>
>>72625092
>its all crap
bruh. 1983 is insane. it's his least straight forward album, but the production was way ahead of it's time. the last two tracks are extremely straight forward and reminiscent of his early sound though.
>>
Are You Experienced is a 10/10 and Axis is a 7/10
Electric Ladyland is a 3/10

"Chandler was a key figure in Hendrix's rise to critical and commercial success. Chandler provided the young musician with living accommodations and financed the Experience's first single "Hey Joe", before they had a recording contract.[3] He was also instrumental in introducing Hendrix to Eric Clapton. It was through this introduction that Hendrix was given the opportunity to play with Clapton and Cream on stage.[5] It was Chandler's idea for Hendrix to set his guitar on fire, which made national news when this idea was used at a concert at the Finsbury Astoria Theatre and subsequently at the Monterey Pop festival. Hendrix's sound engineer Eddie Kramer later recalled that Chandler was very hands on with the first two Hendrix albums, adding that "he was his mentor and I think it was very necessary."[4]
By 1968, Chandler had become fed up with the recording sessions for Hendrix's album Electric Ladyland, claiming they were self-indulgent. He left management services in the hands of Jeffery during the following year.[1]
>>
Electric Ladyland > Are you Experienced > Axis
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.