[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> see brian wilson perform pet sounds for last tour > someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

> see brian wilson perform pet sounds for last tour
> someone holds brian's hand, walks him to his keyboard

> be in sound check
> lasts maybe 20 minutes
> brian stays for maybe 10 of that

> show starts
> gets standing ovation after every song
> brian wilson yells at crowd
>"PLEASE BE SEATED. PLEASE, BE SEATED." every time
> on his keyboard he had a black hankerchief that he blew his nose into
> walked off stage before song ended multiple times
> sometimes forgot to sing even though prompter was right in front of him
> sang like william shatner talks
> "don't , ..... talk....., put your head. .... on my shou .. lder
> i'm waiting,..... for the day,..... when you can,.... * just doesn't even bother singing the rest *

> "This next song I wrote many years ago with Al Jardine"
> band plays Sloop John B
> Sloop John B is a bahamian folk song from the 1920's
> brian checks his watch at least three times during "i just wasn't made for these times"

> everyone claps during the false end of you still believe in me, was very embarrassing
>>
:'(
I love him
>>
>>72611651
al jardine and blondie chaplin were great, sang great and had great stage presence
>>
still one of the greatest musicians of the twentieth century
>>
oh you don't say

you just fell for the huge "brian is a le genius" meme
he wrote a couple nice sunshine pop songs 50 years ago and morons like you still PAY to watch him live
>>
>>72611690
So the proof behind your statements is that Brian... got old..?
>>
Debating on whether or not to see him next week. Saw him on the 50th Anniversary Tour and the one he did with Jeff Beck, so it wouldn't be the first time I saw him. I don't know though. Worried it might be a waste of money like when I saw BB King ramble on for an hour and a half in between the 4 songs he played.
>>
>>72611747
he was already 'not great' back then, he probably wouldn't get any better
>>
File: IMG_7852.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7852.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Saw him for the second time last week in Hershey. I didn't enjoy the Pet Sounds part of the set as much as I did the first time, but Matt Jardine singing Let Him Run Wild was GOAT.

Also m, blondie does a nice job on feel flows
>>
File: 1476062758118.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1476062758118.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>>72611620
> gets standing ovation after every song
> brian wilson yells at crowd
>"PLEASE BE SEATED. PLEASE, BE SEATED." every time
brian is great
>>
>>72611620
is this real? it cant be
>>
>>72611690
I think Brian has probably fucked more women than you've even spoken to in your entire life
Brian is a hard SSS+ rank Alpha Male.
The first "I" spoken in Good Vibrations will literally defrock women within a ten food radius of the acoustic source.
you still haven't moved out of your parents place and you dropped out of college.
you spend every day trying to avoid your parents asking you about your future
you were probably conceived to Pet Sounds
Brian acoustically impregnated your mother on a psychic level
>>
>>72611951
i'm ok with this
>>
>>72611620
I went to the show in Oklahoma recently. I don't recall him leaving the stage, but you're spot on about the singing (although I thought it was pretty acceptable considering the circumstances).

A lot of the vocal duties, however, were given to Al Jardine's son, who was incredible. >>72611675 is right, Al and Blondie were fantastic, too.

The saddest thing I observed was how little his hands seemed to move (he was sitting behind a piano when I saw him). As far as I could tell, he wasn't even playing most of the time, and his stage presence was lacking.

But his band definitely redeemed him, and overall they put on a great show, and their sound was on point. Knowing how fucked up Brian's head must be, and that he's seventy something god damn years old, I admire him for even bothering to tour in the first place.

Solid 8/10 concert, and as a fan of Brian's work, a beautiful experience even despite his poor showmanship.
>>
>>72611951
>Brian is a hard SSS+ rank Alpha Male
I spit chocolate milk all over my fucking laptop you cunt
>>
>>72611620
>Sloop John B is a bahamian folk song from the 1920's
It is, but brian arranged it and took some suggestions from al to change up the lyrics and chord progression a bit
>>
>>72611620
>>72612083
Saw him play Pet Sounds at the Hollywood Bowl. Yeah, he seemed pretty low-energy and bored or uninvolved sometimes, but not as bad as OPs show.

He did do a very strange thing where it felt like he was counting in "1, 2, 3, 4!" for the next song, except he counted all the way to 10 and then just said "Here's another one."

The whole place let out this quiet, awkward laughter, but nothing else like that happened the rest of the show.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.