[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please help me understand this? In this part in Bach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 20170505_040328.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_040328.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Can someone please help me understand this? In this part in Bach - Air's in D major, it's asking to play this crazy 2 note chord, A and B, but they are really far apart and I find that i have to really extend my fingers to play it, and since I have big hands, it seems illogical this is the correct way to play it? Im new to music theory, thanks
>>
File: 1493933393456.png (692KB, 750x724px) Image search: [Google]
1493933393456.png
692KB, 750x724px
>Sheet music
>>
>>72607555
>being some inbred hick that thinks that sheet music is outdated
>>
>>72607532
looks like you never played any rachmaninov
that spread is nothing, absolutely normal
>>
>>72607620
No i havent, and I cant imagine what it must be like. I ask because ive seen some tutorials on YouTube and they always omit some notes and it really confuses me... So i'm guessing I have my answer. But what about for those who have a smaller hand? Are they just incapable of playing this one song
>>
File: 20170505_190550.jpg (1010KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_190550.jpg
1010KB, 1920x1080px
>>72607620
I guess since i have your attention, is this: A B D# C E? The # and base confuse me here
>>
File: 1445057060001.gif (36KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445057060001.gif
36KB, 245x200px
>>72607532
pfft, clearly the accelerando in the cadence set the de capo within the clef leaving a weak but subtly round fermata near the fourth and fifth. Also, without an appropriate legato the harmony will modulate and all you will have is a tremolo polyphony that will vibrato in triple time at the end of a scherzo. Naturally this will produce a cadence similar to the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY40GhvPcF0
>>
>>72607758
there's a lot of ways you can get away with some stuff if you have smaller hands, my former teacher has pretty tiny hands and often arpeggiates everything above an octave without you ever noticing it, it's all a matter of practice and being prepared for all cases
>>
>>72607813
yes, just a couple of suspended notes, don't forget it's a f# in the bass and everything makes sense
>>
>>72607980
and yeah c and d# are at the same time in case that's what your question actually was
>>
>>72607813
What edition are you using? That looks like lazy, cramped printing to me.

t. piano player for 18 years
>>
>>72607995
Oh god I've been playing them seperately, and its been sounding horrible thats why I was so confused. And this isn't the first time it's happened to me. There are some other notes I've just checked out and I think I've been playing them wrong. If the "stem" of the note is in the same place as another "stem" then I guess they play together? I've been playing by the placement of the round "ball" god im embarrassed, but im really grateful thanks so much
>>
>>72608027
This is a rather old version I would say, a kin gave this book to me. Also, its not Air on the G string, this is the original D major version

Wow 18 years I bet you play really good, I wish to play fluently one day>>72608027
>>
>72608207
Heh, thanks man. I did play well, but the past several years have been rough, and I haven't found the time or motivation to practice, but I'm sure you'll make even past my level.

Yeah, you shouldn't skimp on Bach's heavy keyboard stuff. G. Henle Verlag books are considered top tier, yet pricey. Alfred is nice for the budget option, but can be a miss sometimes. Dover, that thrift book publisher, has some surprisingly well made books, though not as good as Henle Urtexts. Good luck with practicing and mastering!
>>
>>72608357
Thanks! I wish you all the best as well!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.