[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb, /mu/!? I don't like In The Aeroplane Over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1kinni.jpg (150KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1kinni.jpg
150KB, 600x596px
Am I a pleb, /mu/!?

I don't like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.

In fact, I think I actually hate it.

In fact, I actually think it is one of the worst records I ever heard.

I mean, I really don't like it. I hate the awful voice of Jeff Magnum, I hate the songs themselves, that seem only slightly better than your average indie song, but, since indie is mostly a shit genre, that is not a great deed.

I really think I am missing something out. Like many indie records, ITAOTS seems to rely on nostalgia, or to induce some nostalgic feelings. But it seems to me that those feelings are nly there so people can't rate the album itself objectively.

Am I in the wrong, /mu/?

Am I really missing it out?
>>
>>72598792
>Am I a pleb
>Frogposting in 2017
Yep.
>>
>>72598812
To add onto this you dumbfrogposter, I only thought it was average at first and then one day I was on the bus and listening to O Comely and suddenly started crying at how great it was

Either listen to it until it clicks or just move on to music in a style you actually like it literally does not matter
>>
as with all music, you either like it or not
>>
Not really,
The album has some of the worst engineering I have ever heard, the sound could be cool and lo-fi, but instead it's like they just made heavily distorted reverb non-music with a guy yelling about Anne Frank over top.
>>
Why are frogposters always (bordeline) underage faggots?
>>
>>72598829
This except us it was Two-Headed Boy Pt.2 while I was at the beach for me. It took me about three full listens to finally "get"
>>
>>72598916
Elaborate
>>
Oh boy, where do we even begin. Okay, let's pick at a single song for starters: to my ears, ʻOh Comelyʼ sounds plain unbearable. Six minutes of musically trivial acoustic strum, accompanied with sincere, but sonically brutal singing from a guy who - let's put it mildly - was not born and reared for this kind of singing; good old Keith Richards couldn't have done a worse job than what Mangum does here, especially when he tries to go real high at the end of each verse. Honestly, I don't know about you, but to me, it's plain sonic torture, and I have no idea why I should be enduring it, or why I should "respect" this awful off-key vocal racket as a symbolic representation of sincere, unadorned suffering.
>>
>>72598792
honestly yea, ITAOTS is the most basic pleb filter.
>>
>>72600011
Honestly OP should give up music if he doesn't get it
>>
>>72600527
Honestly OP should hang himself if it isn't his favourtie album
>>
>>72600011
>>72600527
>>72600654
cringe
>>
File: 2013-01-15-illegal-drugs.png (42KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-15-illegal-drugs.png
42KB, 500x512px
>>72598792
first off you should like whatever you like that's your choice.

but if you really want me to answer you:
>I hate the awful voice of Jeff Magnum
just accept that it's "bad", ignore it, listen to it again, and you might be able to get into it. from my experience this is one of the biggest complaints people have with "weird" music is that the voices are bad. just accept it, and then eventually you might like it.

>since indie is mostly a shit genre
making complaints about entire genres is a big sign of not being actually educated about the genres anon. there are no actually bad genres.

> ITAOTS seems to rely on nostalgia, or to induce some nostalgic feelings
this is only true if you have nostalgia for the album itself afaik. I don't feel nostalgic when I listen to it but I still enjoy it

>But it seems to me that those feelings are nly there so people can't rate the album itself objectively.

objectively rating music is literally impossible. just accept that feelings are part (all) of the process and move on from there. give high ratings to what you like, and low ratings to what you don't like. don't evaluate based on what it seems like you should like or you'll be chasing an impossible dream forever

>Am I in the wrong, /mu/?
for frogposting and attempting to make objective claims about music when that's literally impossible, yes. for not liking something that other people like, no. it's definitely not everyone's taste.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.