[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how long are the tracks on this album actually? Every source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

So how long are the tracks on this album actually? Every source gives different results. Sometimes the first track is 16:33 minutes long, sometimes it's 17:21. I don't get it
>>
Does it matter?
>>
File: 1486383847531.jpg (62KB, 465x470px) Image search: [Google]
1486383847531.jpg
62KB, 465x470px
>>72578633
Yes, I don't want to listen to the "wrong" version of the album because of my autism
>>
>>72578645
The longer version is more likely to be correct
>>
ambient 4 is better anyway
>>
I've tried listening to Apollo and Ambient 1 and found them both really fucking boring. Discreet music for the most part too, although the Pachelbel's canon ones are excellent.

Should I persevere with Eno? I am disappointed as I have listened to Another Green World ten times in the last few days after first hearing it, it is possibly becoming my favourite album.
>>
>>72578835
another green world, taking tiger mountain, & here come the warm jets are likely the albums you'll like
>>
>>72578835
try Music For Films
>>
>>72578620
I mean I heard that 1/1 can go for the better part of an hour without the different parts meeting at the starting point again.

But if it helps my version is 17:22

Lots of online downloads will give 1 or 2 seconds variance. Go with the longer one anyway. It's much easier to crop a track than to lengthen it convincingly.
>>
OP here, just listened to it. I used the 17:22 version btw >>72578945

The album is pretty interesting, you kind of get this meditative, almost hypnotizing feel and get lost in your thoughts a lot, unlike with more complex ambient albums. Not really my thing but still cool
>>
>>72578835
MY LIFE IN THE BUSH OF GHOSTS
>>
>>72578835
Yeah I didn't really enjoy Ambient 1 a lot either. It's certainly not unpleasant, but it's not very interesting.

I do like 1/2 though.
But I do have to wonder if it's fitting music for an airport. Especially 2/1 seems kinda dark, like it be more fitting in a Thief game maybe.
>>
>>72579820
>I do like 1/2 though.
Really? Imo it was by far the weakest of the four tracks. Though that's completely subjective, I found the sound of the voices kind of unpleasant to listen to.
>>
1/1 is 17:22
2/1 is 8:54
1/2 is 12:07
2/2 is 9:38

the CD pressing added silence between songs (usually averaging around 30 seconds) so that's the discrepancy in times

the songs are the same
>>
>>72580174
Well, it and 2/1 are a bit melancholic, that's why I enjoy them more.
I feel the vocals are both beautiful but also perhaps a bit unsettling. Depends on one's mood I suppose. They do rmeind me of Thief which is to say not the most relaxing thought, but it's cool regardless.
>>
there's silence added to the cd for effect iirc there's no difference in the music
>>
>>72578835
He played around with instrumental stuff in his glam rock albums but before and after science is where he really ended the glam and put some ambient elements in. Listen to that album.
Maybe you just don't like ambient music though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.