[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf i thought this album was supposed to be good it's just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Faust_AlbumCover_Faust.jpg (12KB, 280x269px) Image search: [Google]
Faust_AlbumCover_Faust.jpg
12KB, 280x269px
wtf i thought this album was supposed to be good
it's just some german guys playing a trumpet with kitchen utensils and an analogue computer
>>
ok
>>
>>72576829
>it's just some german guys playing a trumpet with kitchen utensils and an analogue computer
i really wish it was that because that would be the best album ever made
>>
File: Faust IV.jpg (43KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
Faust IV.jpg
43KB, 500x488px
>>72576829
This one is easier if you're unfamiliar with krautrock
>>
what the fuck is an analogue computer you retard
>>
>>72576957
Actually listening to Meadow Meal I say there is some genius in here.
The ending was really good.

I still prefer CAN
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (32KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
32KB, 200x200px
>Technically, the ensemble's music pushed to the extreme an aesthetics of darkness, ugliness, fear, chaos, irrational that stemmed from expressionism, surrealism, theater of the absurd, Brecht/Weill's cabaret, myth of the supermensch, Wagner-ain melodrama, musique concrete and abstract painting, all fused in a formal system that was as much metaphysical as grotesque. Influenced by Frank Zappa's collages, these teutonic vampires injected angst, like burning lava, into a sound that was deliberately fastidious, repulsive, incoherent. Demented, demonic, paranoid, acid and violent, their compositions constitute a puzzle of sonic boutades and hermetic puns. Their opus was a black mass that deteriorated into "happening". However, behind the surface, Faust's music hid a moving vision of the human condition, one of the most lyrical in the entire history of rock music. Their visions of hell represent the noblest testament that came out of progressive-rock.

>The album’s overwhelming feeling is one of loneliness, helplessness, and despair. The sonic cyclones loom over the gaunt, threatening fate of human existence. The humanity that transpires from the album’s overwhelming message of apocalypse is both physical (the Germanic accents) and mental (all the paranoia of modern man), inexorably doomed to crumble against the rugged ramparts of history. Faust, Goethe-ian and Wagnerian, raise a solemn hymn to universal defeat, which sublimates the titanic human adventure. Humans who, while admiring the immense universe, wonder doubtful and fearful "Are we supposed to be or not to be?" are the most poignant vision handed down by Germanic rock. The final lines of the record ("... and at the end realize that/ nobody knows/ if it really happened") beat any lyric ever written by Bob Dylan or Nick Cave. This is simply great poetry.
>>
>>72576990
HAHAHA SCRUFFLES STRIEKS A GAIN
i love this meme XDD
>>
it's just completely creative music

pretty much what all musicians should strive to create
>>
Its kinda funny desu, and the field recordings are very amsr ish
>>
>>72577069
>all musicians should strive to create circuscore
Thank god no-one actually thinks that
>>
Could anyone elaborate on why the album is worth listening to? I want a genuine discussion. And are their other albums worth listening to?
>>
>>72577508
kekked
>>
>>72577851
It's early krautrock. Obscure, spoopy and """"""artistic""""""".
>>
>>72577851
It's pretty unique mix of pre-rock musical styles with musique concrete, I can't really think of anything else like it.

Their first 4 albums are worthwhile, as is that album they did with dalek.
>>
File: xhol-motherfuckersgmbhcokg(1).jpg (30KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
xhol-motherfuckersgmbhcokg(1).jpg
30KB, 300x299px
>>72578134
Only things close to faust - s/t to my knowledge are
Technical Space Composers crew - Canaxis 5
Xhol - Motherfuckers GmbH & Co. KG
>>
>>72579208
thanks, I've been having a bit of an avant garde rock phase at the moment, these seem cool.
>>
File: IMG_1001.png (528KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1001.png
528KB, 1242x2208px
>>72576979
>>
>>72576829
i mean this isn't exactly wrong but i like the songwriting a lot. kraftwerk was four guys LARPing on synths but they wrote bangers.
>>
>>72576829
pretty good post
not quite boris recorded on a flip-phone good but pretty good
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.