[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to get a buddy into radiohead What does /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1702.jpg (97KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1702.jpg
97KB, 500x634px
I'm trying to get a buddy into radiohead
What does /mu/ suggest is a good intro song, and in what order should he listen to the albums?

I made the mistake of listening to Kid A first and got instantly turned off by Radiohead. Now that I've listened to a lot of OK Computer, A Moon Shaped Pool, and In Rainbows, I can finally fully appreciate Kid A. I don't want him to make the same mistake, or anyone for that matter.
>>
More accessible: The Bends, OK Computer, In Rainbows, Hail to the Thief.
Less accessible: Kid A, Com Lag, Amnesiac, The King of Limbs.
Ascended: Pablo Honey
>>
Songs I liked when I first got into Radiohead:
Paranoid Android
SHA
Karma Police
The National Anthem
Optimistic

Depends on his taste though
>>
thanks /mu/ I knew I could count on you
no sarcasm, thanks
>>
I got the Eraser and loved it years before I got into Radiohead. Might be worth sharing that?
>>
>>72575854
the trickster is easy to get into
>>
>>72575854
Maybe try luring him in with their famous singles and then slowly introducing him their more complex work. Thats how I got into Radiohead and the Beatles
>>
>>72575854
I got lured by my speech professor playing the title track from Kid A
>>
OK Computer or In Rainbows
If they're a fucking hyper normie The Bends
>>
>>72576779
Yeah just tell them it's Muse and they'll buy it
>>
I, HIT THE BOTTOM, HIT THE BOTTOM AND ESCAPE, ESCAPE
>>
The Bends for their most accessible album overall or In Rainbows for the easiest entry point into their artsy shit. OK Computer's good for hitting the ground running with the good shit while Hail To The Thief just about summarizes the essence of the band into one sampler of an album but The Bends or In Rainbows are probably more reliable first impressions, THEN move to these albums.
>>
File: lil uzi yorke.jpg (54KB, 754x459px) Image search: [Google]
lil uzi yorke.jpg
54KB, 754x459px
>>72575854
idk bruh, first time I heard "Everything in its Right Place" it was sublime and i felt like everything was in its right place. Then "Kid A" was a str8 banger too

but ya, depends on wut your friend already likes
>>
>>72575854
Their most popular song
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.