[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - nihilism edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 81

File: keijimeme.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
keijimeme.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

>discord
https://discord.gg/8exuEmG
>>
File: your favorite album.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
your favorite album.png
284KB, 499x559px
>>
File: BreeBorm.png (632KB, 2540x1340px) Image search: [Google]
BreeBorm.png
632KB, 2540x1340px
>Margo Guryan - Take a Picture
This had a super strong opener and a super strong finisher, but everything in between just fell flat. Nothing else really stood out to me as different, and it just kinda bored me. Too bad, because if every song was as good as the first and last, this would be at least a 3.5

>Keiji Haino - I Said, This is the Son of Nihilism
Decided to try one of Keiji's solo albums for his bday and since I've been in the mood for Fushitsusha and related lately, and holy shit this was good. There seems to be several parts to this song, and they all kick ass, whether its the waves of noise or the quiet noodling. Keiji's vocals are so strained and passionate, and his guitar playing is all around awesome. I'll definitely be digging deeper very soon.
>>
>>72574157
Wack
>>
File: daily.png (3MB, 2614x1680px) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
3MB, 2614x1680px
Ground-Zero - 革命京劇 (Revolutionary Pekinese Opera) Ver.1.28 [Kakumeikyōgeki]
In this album it sounded like they threw a bunch of shit at a wall to see what would stick. And fortunately, a lot of it did! Hard to digest in one listen but it was for the most part enjoyable. At times it felt like they were being too liberal with the samples and being loud and wacky just for the sake of being loud and wacky, which resulted in a few parts being quite messy, but I guess that's what some people like about it. One of the more unique listens I've had in awhile, and because of that I will be returning to it soon.
3.5/5

what next
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCY0aeUx-Ns

>>72574765
Ksiezyc
>>
>Reminder
Nihilistic:
https://youtu.be/M2BhZ3Je8Uo
Edgy Bullshit:
https://youtu.be/a2SDmZzcUlI
>>
>Reminder
Nihilistic:
https://youtu.be/M2BhZ3Je8Uo
Fun:
https://youtu.be/a2SDmZzcUlI
>>
>>72574836
oh my god how have i not seen this

>Ksiezyc
will do
>>
>>72574840
no dude, other way round
>>
>>72574896
>>72574872
yikes
>>
>>72574965
yikes rhymes with you're wrong i'm right
>>
>>72574984
GG Allin

AKA

talentless poser trash
>>
>>72574765
Ground Zero borrowed heavily from Cassiber, and Revolutionary Pekinese Opera sampled from the Heiner Goebbels / Alfred Harth album Frankfurt - Peking. Goebbels plays keyboards in Cassiber and Harth plays saxophones and other wind instruments.

This should put it more into context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SPXDG0Veo
>>
>>72574999
p sure swans is on the official chart but not him
now you fool also wasted some perfectly good trips look at yourself
>>
Repost Haino flowchart plz
>>
>>72575026
Pretty sure you're a troglodyte faggot who can't type because of their new age ADHD
>>
Previous thread: >>72557772
>>
>>72575044
>new age ADHD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBvR3iqTKEo
>>
>>72575044
adhd is a meme and i aint no dinosaur
>>
File: Pac.jpg (88KB, 674x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pac.jpg
88KB, 674x1200px
>>72574137
Asked last thread but is anyone interested in helping out with the new /daily/ site? Shoot me a message on RYM or I guess just hmu on here if you wanna help maintain it/improve it
>>
File: Keiji Haino flowchart 1.2.png (2MB, 4068x2428px) Image search: [Google]
Keiji Haino flowchart 1.2.png
2MB, 4068x2428px
>>72575029
>>
File: 50 Cool Albums Chart.png (3MB, 3220x1900px) Image search: [Google]
50 Cool Albums Chart.png
3MB, 3220x1900px
was stuck with spotify so i couldn't get to BLA today soz

Paco de Lucía - Fuente y caudal (1973)
>flamenco

de Lucía's performance here is probably the best non-Fahey guitar performance I've ever heard put on record. His technique is astounding, he makes every single complex thing he does sound so effortless, like making one guitar sound like two is nothing at all. When he's solo he gets a bit wanky and overly technical, but the opener with a full band, along with the songs that utilize percussion or light background vocals, are incredible. Definitely gotta look into more flamenco.

3.0+

Erykah Badu - Baduizm (1997)
>neo-soul

Smooth as silk without ever sacrificing it's passionate conscious edge. Badu is a great vocalist, the jazzy vibes in her voice recall Billie Holiday and Nina Simone, but she still develops her own playful personality on the album, especially on the skits here that actually have musical merit on their own. Instrumentally it's a tad too smooth and monotonous, especially since it so rarely takes the hip hop influence that guides this album's best track, but it goes down really easy and it's super enjoyable.

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (1999)
>alternative rock, emo

Really standard poppy emo. I had high hopes for this, a seemingly acclaimed record from a band I only knew from a (really great) fluke hit, but it takes so much from other bands like Sunny Day Real Estate and Mineral without ever adding it's own original spin on the sound. The long songs are tedious, the short songs leave no impression, and it's an incredibly bloated album. The vocalist is fucking incredible, though, and the drum machine use is great. I also have to commend the opener and "Just Watch the Fireworks", which are both beautiful tracks.

2.0+
>>
daily.png
3MB, 2614x1680px
Don't feel like typing up a review for Ksiezyc, but I really wasn't a fan. Folk is far from my favorite genre, and these songs never developed or went anywhere.

pick a thing
>>
>>72574765
Great taste anon!!
>>
>>72575718
thanks, tripfriend!
>>
>>72575404
Jimmy Eat World was one of the few emo groups I really dug, I kinda want to go back to their stuff a few years later/ now that I'm into more music

>>72575716
Do that McLean album soon!
>>
>>72575716
d-plan
>>
What's up my dailybois?
>>
>>72553496
lol the owl one
>>72576033
hey
>>
File: collage.jpg (440KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
440KB, 1250x1250px
Quick bump before I hit the hay. What's your week looked like /daily/?
>>
File: collage.jpg (484KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
484KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
weak*
>>
File: Thu 4 May.jpg (543KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Thu 4 May.jpg
543KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
Pretty OK I would say
>>
Zappa gets pretty nihilistic here with this guitar solo, the "last imaginary guitar solo" the character in the song plays. Good listen if you don't know his stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1WntjHZso
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (2MB, 1300x1320px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
2MB, 1300x1320px
Heard a bit of Yellow Swans - Going Places, and I can't wait to listen to all of it
And the new Ryuichi Sakamoto is p o p p i n man, that guy is swood

>>72576523
are you me 2 years ago

whatchu think of In Colour and Actor ;o

>>72576245
finishin up the last of ur drone rn sir that's what

>John Coltran Quartet - Crescent
>bubblegum bass

After I stopped spazzing out from the mixing, I was able to enjoy this for its solid line-up (McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Garrison, my niBBa Elvin Jones) and easygoing chemisty, though this most definitely seems to take a step back when it comes to Coltrane's other works.

Coltrane also literally takes a step back to give the trio its moments: Garrison's lone bass solo on Lonnie's Lament is wonderful. The title track is gorgeous and fleeting in itself, and The Drum Thing gives Jones moments with lightly tapping toms to becoming the entire percussion section of a jungle tribe.

Decent, but lacking in really being beyond that. Maybe it really was a goodbye to Eric Dolphy, as someone mentions in the reviews: a languid tone hangs over some of these tracks.

7/10

>Jorge Ben - Africa Brasil
>Samba-Rock, Funk, Soul

S'alright. Maybe I'm not in the right mood for it. Maybe having lived near beaches for most of my life has dulled me to it. Maybe it's the choice of electronic guitar and bass that dulls the foreign vibe of it. Maybe it's Jorge Ben's voice, which is certainly bright but perhaps a bit too light for its envioronment. I think I'm just not in the right mood for it right now.

I mean, it's a pop-based album for sure, with some nice choices of native percussion from Ben's home country, but I have a nagging feeling that not knowing the lyric's meaning is giving this album an advantage over its simple catchy hooks.

Did like tracks like "Meus Filhous, Meu Tesoro", Xica da Silva. The closer had that push that I was looking for in vocals, and saved a good portion of the album for me.

6/10
>>
File: WooliteDrone.png (3MB, 2416x1372px) Image search: [Google]
WooliteDrone.png
3MB, 2416x1372px
>>72576644

>Alice Coltrane - Ptah, The El Daoud
>Spiritual Jazz, Post Bop

hooray more left ear sax

Papa Pharoah Sanders saves the day with a yelping and skillful solo in the first track, with Alice indulging in surrealism and the Egyptian motif of the album cover, following Sanders. Her piano is no joke: better than the last 10 jazz albums, I'd say, low fidelity and all.

Turiya & Ramakrishna is a sparser and dryer traverse through stringed sands, before Blue Nile comes in with a frickin harp and woodwinds-- a great call-response between this album's two middle tracks. It does seem to meander a bit , following this neat exchange.

Mantra opens up with a darker vibe, being the most free-jazz out of most of the album. More sleigh bells, a deep cello, Coltrane's piano on edge, and Henderson(?) straining his sax to instill anxiety -- this is the highlight of this album.

A solid final listen on this chart. Didn't even know Coltrane's wife even arranged stuff in the first place, but if she's willing to do themed albums like this, I'm interested in hearing more.

7/10

========================

aaaaand that's all for my first drone. Lots of memorable albums for sure, Woolite. I think each album in the corner of this chart are my favorites, actually.
>>
>>72576644
Pretty much ?
>>
>>72576644
I mean, In Colour and Actor are albums I return to often. They're good car albums, as are Congratulations and Multi-Love. Not really shit I listen to when I'm by myself, but good for group situations.
>>
File: IMFISHdrone.png (4MB, 2373x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMFISHdrone.png
4MB, 2373x1064px
Where do I start with Fish's drone

>>72576703

>Congratulations and Multi-Love
>good car albums
yes true
>In Colour
some of it yeah, some of the album can be a bit too cold
>Actor
uh idk bout that
>>
>>72576644
Also, Going Places is such an amazing record. I've been meaning to return to it, thanks for reminding me!
>>
>>72576740
You go:

White Light -> Songs of LC -> Long Season -> Minor Threat -> Since I Left You -> Blind Willie -> The Golden Record -> Uncle Meat -> Flood

>Actor, uh idk bout that
I really like to play it in the car, I don't really care if it's upbeat or not, I like to sing along.
>>
File: IMG_1517.jpg (632KB, 1276x1022px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1517.jpg
632KB, 1276x1022px
>>72576767
I was imagining of how some of my friends would react to Vincent in a car ride considering their tastes (Jpop, prog rock, movie soundtracks, etc. etc.)

Also what's with the four replies all at once tho
>>
What are the greatest lo-fi singer-songwriter records of all time? (Excluding The Exhalted Garden, yamir and Even Oxen projects of course)
>>
>>72575273
I'm going to bed rn but yeah I'd be interested. I'll talk to ya tomorrow ;)

>>72576033
nuttin'

>>72576541
Joe's Garage is in a lot of ways underrated, but I would never in good faith recommend it on /daily/.

>>72577619
I'm a meme but Little Kid, Elliot Smith Sparklehorse, and The Microphones are my favorites.

I listened to It Was Hot, We Stayed in the Water recently for the first time in years and I thought I wouldn't like it like I used to, but I was honestly pretty blown away.
>>
File: collage.jpg (426KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
426KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
P good except for damn
>>
File: collage.jpg (450KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
450KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
my week's p meme
>>72574765
>>72576297
decent RPO onion tbqh
>>72576523
r u into Steely Dan
>>72578966
hey someone else has heard that Yuki Saito release

what'd you think of it
>>
Ry Cooder
Boomers Story

https://youtu.be/ceLQSdxPCBw
>>
>>72579011
I love it, really comfy. At first I gave it 2.5/5 but I'm starting to like it more. Especially when she sings in English
"Oooh longking for yuuuu
Caring for yuuu"

What about you?
>>
can i get a fucken uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>72579423
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh morning
>>
File: thunkong.png (183KB, 184x253px) Image search: [Google]
thunkong.png
183KB, 184x253px
>>72579423
uhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: 7.jpg (65KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
65KB, 508x800px
Hello /daily/, gonna try Mac DeMarco later, don't really know much of what to expect. Been trying to clean a bit of my backlog so been playing Nirvana, Robert Wyatt and the last two Steely Dan albums. Rock Bottom is very odd, it does everything that I usually dislike but for some reason like it. How are all of you doing?
>>
>>72579487
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>72579487
I also tried Mac some weeks ago, you shouldn't expect wonders but expect chill music, good in the background
>>
>>72578047
Thank you Fish
>>
why did i ever stop listening to jazz
i am big idiet
>>
File: collage (1).jpg (580KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage (1).jpg
580KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
wew you sure like your snoop dogg
i should relisten to that busdriver one, completely forgot abt it

>>72576297
whatcha think of Noon Chill
Simply Are and Anything are so good that I barely remember anything else from it but i still love listening to it

>>72576740
idk but save fishmans for last, for the mem
>>
>>72579631
best tom waits
>>
>>72579037
It's pretty good stuff ye. Maybe I'm just a weeb tho.
>>72579631
jim did u send your rec already
>>
>>72579663
>Maybe I'm just a weeb tho.

I've never considered myself a weeb but after listening to city pop for weeks now I'm starting to doubt myself
>>
>>72579663
did
>>72566543
>>
>>72579494
Uh, hi!

>>72579557
Thanks mate, trying to pace my way through the /mu/core chart, any idea where I should go next?

>>72579631
The Durutti Column are godly, nice collage.
>>
>>72579671
one of my favorite albums of all time (Songs by Sugar Babe) is city pop desu

you got an RYM btw
>>72579672
danke
>>
>>72579706
What have you liked most so far?

Talking Heads - Remain In Light is essential of course but I often tell people to listen to other Talking Heads stuff first, it makes you appreciate Remain In Light more in my opinion.
>>
>>72579714
Sugar Babe is nice, I've listened to lots of Taeko Ohnuki and Tatsuro Yamashita solo but I haven't really gotten into Sugar Babe as much as I would like to yet.

One of my favorite albums of all time is Naoya Matsuoka - 夏の旅 so I understand you

Yeah it's https://rateyourmusic.com/~borzoi
>>
>>72579729
Figured I'd save Remain in Light for much later (when I've listened through their stuff in chronological order, as you suggested), listened to half of it in the car and from what I've heard it has the potential to become one of my favourite albums.

Of the stuff I've liked the most, my favourites on the chart would be (in no specific order);
>Arcade Fire - Funeral.
>Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I.
>Have a Nice Life - Deathsconsciousness.

>USA - s/t.
>New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies.
>King Crimson - Red.
>Butthole Surfers - Psychic Powerless.
>PiL - Metal Box.

>Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma was the only electronic album that really blew me away, liked the others though not to the same capacity.

>Vektor - Outer Isolation, was the only metal album I really liked on the chart so far (loved Holy Mountain though not so much Dopesmoker).
>>
>>72579758
That's an interesting pick for a favorite. Never even heard of it before but will check it out sometime. Added you btw.
>>
>>72579773
Sounds like a good plan.

I'd say listen to Duster - Stratosphere next.
After that, maybe Built To Spill and Brand New

Also some albums that are great to have heard because they have influenced alot and might help you like other things are:
Suicide - Suicide
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Brian Eno - Another Green World
This Heat - Deceit
Swans - Filth

They aren't necessarily masterpieces or anything, but they are important to listen to in my opinion

Awesome thing by the way, I've always wanted to do something like this too
>>
>>72579706
>he's only listened to one jazz album from the chart
how about listen to all of those
>>
>>72579706
oh wew why isnt that mutant literally any other release of his
>>
>>72579811
Yeah I found a Naoya Matsuoka record (日曜島へ) in a small record store in Stockholm and all of his stuff is great but 夏の旅 really stuck with me for some reason, it's just everything I like with city pop
>>
>>72579773
oh yeah and >>72579867

Jazz can feel a bit overwhelming but at least listen to a few of the ones on the chart soon. A Love Supreme and Kind Of Blue are essential ESSENTIAL.
>>
>>72579847
I'll get to Duster next then. Been wanting to listen to Built to Spill for years though I could never get my hands on Keep it Like a Secret (its not available on Spotify, roast me as many will, though I did download Perfect From Now On), ditto with This Heat - Deceit.

>>72579867
I'll admit to being intimidated by the length of some of the discographies on there, used to going through an artists and playing albums >10 times. Thinking of trying them whence I've listened to most of the rock sorta stuff. Have bought A Love Supreme so I suppose it makes sense to play it around now, got Headhunters cheap as well.
>>
>>72579949
>its not available on Spotify

Yeah lol I understand you, that's why it took me a long time to listen to This Heat too. Then I found it for cheap at a record store

I'd recommend downloading soulseek to get the albums that aren't on Spotify, that's what I do. Then you can join our room and download our music libraries too ;)
>>
>>72579706
damn bro, id kill to hear so many of these
>>72579847
these are essentials. then theres the albums that everyone loves like future days, wu tang, madvillainy. theres too much good stuff to list that isn't x'd though.
>>72579867
this is also very true. listen to black saint asap
>>
>tfw /bant/
musique for this feel?
>>
>>72580110
so many of these for the first time again i meant
>>
>>72579999
hey nice quads senpai
>>
>>72580122
>>72580110
I thought exactly the same when I looked through the chart, tfw I remember listening the The Devil And God for the first time when I was 15

>>72580133
holy shit second quad in like two days
>>
File: bipbop.jpg (2MB, 3683x2296px) Image search: [Google]
bipbop.jpg
2MB, 3683x2296px
think im gonna listen to a music today, from this chart
which one
also main source was good
>>
>>72580180
Lol, bone thugs
>>
>>72580122
I know what you mean, I've taken it much slower before to get the most out of a first listen, though the rate I was going at it'd take years to cover the chart.
>>
>>72580180
mti
>>72580157
when i listened to yeezus freshman year my mind was blown to bits hahaha
>>
>>72580204
>Lol
what did he meme by this
>bone thugs
will do
>>
>>72580216
That you're about to listen to a bone thugs album
>>
>>72580233
shoot ive been had
>>
>>72580180
listen to rubber band man haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n48RyNTHyz0
>>
>>72580214
>yeezus freshman year

holy shit you are younger than me
>>
>>72580271
Most of /daily/ is like 18-22
>>
File: merz.png (178KB, 501x536px) Image search: [Google]
merz.png
178KB, 501x536px
>>72580291
yeah

Btw if anyone lives in Germany you need to go to this show
>>
Anyone have any jazz or avant garde-esque recs with a French female singer? Oddly specific I guess, any good music with French female singer would do, pretty voices
>>
>>72580540
comme a la radio
>>
File: 1493076533059.png (365KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493076533059.png
365KB, 640x480px
>>72580555
Gracias man, nice dubs
>>
>>72580597
>dubs
who do you think i am
>>
>>72580540
rosa yemen ep
>>
>>72577619
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%96%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9/przyjdz-aniele/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE/

haha meme urls
>>
File: IMG_4022.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4022.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>72578047
Hey buddy, just reminding you to update the chart with pic related, which I remembered I bought in your city back when I lived there, how bout that.
>>
File: IMG_4032.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4032.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>72580814
This screen grab took so long to get and it isn't even worth it.
>>
>>72577619
have you not listened to Logic Songs yet
>>
post-punk is boring
>>
>>72576297
How's Music is the Healing Force?

>>72576644
If you liked that Alice Coltrane, both Universal Consciousness and Journey in Satchidananda are worth checking out as well. Plus she helped on John’s "Infinity" which is super interesting

Anyway, thanks for going through that chart/glad you liked it.

>>72579631
Yeah I've been on a huge Snoop binge. Dude is really inconsistent but he always manages to have some tight tracks hidden in his albums. Also that Busdriver album is definitely worth revisiting
>>
>>72580919
wew
>>
>>72581004
dont reply to dogevillage
>>
>>72581058
noted
>>
>>72581058
official post quality ranking:
1. dogevillage
2. dogevillage on phone
3. hampus
4. Anonymous
5. everyone else
>>
>>72581131
thanks
>>
>>72581131
Aww thanks :)

ps: Medium Rare Chicken Strips
>>
>>72579631
>whatcha think of Noon Chill
I'm in the same boat as you, I can't remember anything besides Simply Are but I remember everything else being p good
>>72580936
>How's Music is the Healing Force?
really dope, if you don't mind bagpipes and extremely hippie/cheesy lyrics
>>
>>72581131
thankz
>>
>>72581300
I like you dogevillage
>>
Feel the heeling force of my boot in your face nazi scum
>>
>>72581477
dubs confirm antifaschistische aktion
>>
>>72581413
I like u :×3
>>
File: daily.png (5KB, 630x177px) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
5KB, 630x177px
Daily reminder to open soulseek and turn on auto-join for the /daily/ room
>>
>>72581477
<3
>>
File: IMG_4033.png (606KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4033.png
606KB, 750x1334px
Daaang boys, this is awesome. It's got Nascimiento, it's got Borges, many parts sounds like Portuguese city pop. This is going to be the soundtrack to my summer.

Unsure if it's an album or compilation, details are sketchy. I'll try to get it from my library again to get the liner notes.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/elis_regina/vento_de_maio/
>>
File: dino.png (991KB, 796x594px) Image search: [Google]
dino.png
991KB, 796x594px
>>72580936
Fuck forgot my trip ugh

>>72581230
>extremely hippie/cheesy lyrics

Oh yeah I'm game
>>
>>72580615
I was unobservent, sorry tripception
>>
>>72581769
lmao

if anyone knows the origin of my name they get something
>>
>>72581795
I just think of the song "Tits Up" by The Uncluded every time I see your trip
>>
File: 20060816_01_0001.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20060816_01_0001.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
BTW thank you (not) for never talking about Harry Merry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWf0zn4PKLk
>>
>>72581795
Someone told you to trip up
>>
>>72581795
Think you started posting without a username and then somebody told you to trip up
>>
>>72581893
yes
>>
>>72575404
yeah every song on clarity is really different from the next, and on top of that most of em took me 2-3 more listens to actually like, but in the end most of them are really strong and the sprawling tracklist also helps to make it stand out so much. feel the same way about lcw
rising tide is the sdre album most like it now that you mention, there's likely been some cross-influence, that'd be neat. it's also their best, #hottake i guess
>>72580457
thx i'll pass
>>
File: Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png (3MB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png
3MB, 1500x1073px
Basic Channel - BCD 2
It good
it's very long though, don't think it holds interest consistently throughout the whole thing, maybe it wasn't intended to be listened to in one go but whatever dude, first track is a banger now leave me alone fish

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
perfectly fine but they clearly peaked with Laughing Stock, a bit corny, just a little bit

Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle
It's ok, nothing earth shattering, very music-student, like he modulates a whole bunch (that is a term I learnt at a party with the best Irish drunken singsong I've ever been privvy to)

Aluk Tolodo - Occult Music
A bit bullshit, too long, very repetitive without having earned that repetition, not unlistenable though

DJ Screw - Codeine Fiend
I started this thing and thought hoo boy, this is gonna be shite, but it wasn't I found myself vibing to it pretty quickly, it's butter smooth though, I think it also gave me a new appreciation for the "classic" rap mans like Tupac and Easy-E

Pick shit or whatever
>>
>>72582393
d'angelo
>>
>>72574137
Yo, daily, I got a question -
I got the chance to see Haino later this month, but I'll have to travel two days throughout Europe and spend my entire monthly salary to do so. I really want to see it - as a fan and as a "musician", but I'm wandering what's the chance for other European dates, closer to Bulgaria, to pop up?

>>72574765
I do prefer Ground Zero's other works, and I'm not a fan of Yoshide's sampling - his free work on the turntables is sums more interesting to me. It's still interesting and dynamic=
One Step Beyond is a killer btw.

>>72575015
thanks for the reference!
>>72575321
By the way Dog, my question is primarily at you, also I just put out a new demo https://soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi/sets/pred-nas if you are interested.
>>72576033
reading Ibsen inspired early XX century dramas.
>>72579729
Yeah, the production in Remain in Light is stellar and it really puts the accents on all the wrong places if you want a fresh look at the group. Stop making Sense and Fear of Music are nice.
>>
Egoless is literally a genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVIox-VEnJo
>>
>>72583190
I'm a pretty big fan of RPO, and I want to check out more of the member's projects. What Yoshide album do you recommend for turntable stuff?
>>
>>72583280
as a performer I like performances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNgPvVPGyf0
>>
>>72574137
>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music.

I made a website that lets you find completely random music (as long as it is in discogs' database). You can restrict by genre or list of genres if you want.

The only advertisement is a link to amazon to search for the album.

Can I shill it here every week or something or is it against the rules? [spoiler]can you add it to OP?[/spoiler]
>>
>>72583190
it's just haino, you don't need to, you could spend your money on nasty manga for example
>>
>>72583378
nah link it
>>
>>72583378
self-shilling is good. gimmie
>>
>>72583190
how long would you be staying/would you be doing anything else along with seeing Haino? a month's wages seems a bit much just to see one artist, maybe try arrange a holiday around it or something idk
>>
>>72583420
>>72583440

http://randomalbum.mooo.com/
>>
File: sd.png (38KB, 1169x663px) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
38KB, 1169x663px
>>72583454
>>
>>72583454
>Kiss The Anus Of A Black Cat
wow you were right that sounds pretty random
>>
>>72583454
dis shit aint workin
>>
>>72583496
shit, i forgot to add the error when you search by something too uncommon. I don't know how to make it work with uncommon stuff unfortunately. If you search for electronic, jazz, rock or stuff like that, it should work

>>72583510
yeah, completely random

>>72583520
more specifically?
>>
>>72583532
aah ok I see, yeah I searched only small-ish genres and didn't understand anything lol
>>
>>72583441
Well as a Bulgarian, the salary from one of my two jobs is 400 leva (200 euro). I'll need half of that in order to get to Ljubljana and then there's 15 euro the ticket and 20 euro for the hostel as well as some money for food.
I feel like I really need to see him as reference for what I do. Also I want to see him as soon as I can - he is not getting any younger you know.
>>72583280
oh and MC Hellshit & DJ Carhouse LIVE!
is nice too
>>
>>72583377
This is neat, thanks! I love how the card he's pressing against the turntable sounds like a saxophone.
>>
>>72583454
How do you do the youtube video code? Search youtube with the album and artist name and filter out duplicates?
>>
>>72583558
as far as I get it the clip he uses to hold the card is actually a contact microphone. check out the channels other stuff, aside for the dance performances there's some pretty rad stuff.
>>
>>72583594
nope, it just uses the youtube videos provided by discogs. this means that a lot of the times videos are missing completely, partially or are unavailable/copyright claimed.
>>
>>72583532
well i tried searching punk and post punk and it doesn't come up with anything, is it just rock, classical and jazz? having such vague genre classification is kinda useless if so

>>72583549
i'd say go for it then if it's something you really want to do and you can do it comfortably

>65 years old
>Still plays shows
I think hell be fine
>>
>>72583600
>http://randomalbum.mooo.com/
These stats never change:
have + want: 963
avg rating: 3.55
ratings: 80
>>
>>72583454
The only thing I can think of right now is you should add cover art support
>>
>>72583622
SHIT how did I not notice this? thanks, fixed

>>72583623
good idea, I will add that

>>72583615
oh. well, that really sucks. I think I *might* have found a way to make it work, I'm going to try something
>>
>>72583454
Good concept. I think it could use the option to let you decide the minimum amount of owned there are just so you don't get some random single from Angola that nobody owns but one guy in Uruguay.

>>72583549

Haino's shows are notorious for being unpredictable. You might get three hours of taiko drum improv. Though if you think it'll be life changing regardless, I'd go for it, seeing as all of Bulgaria's neighbors are into some unstable political nonsense at the moment and I doubt avant-grandpa wants to visit.
>>
>>72583684
yeah sorry man, i think it's a good idea but just as it is right now it's way too random for me to ever use it regularly.

if you could do it by styles or managed to use RYM's genres I think i'd like it more
>>
>minimum amount of owned
unfortunately that's not possible. you just have to reload. the reason for this is that discogs doesn't provide this information in the data dump, so I can't filter for it myself. you just get that info once you load the app.

>>72583712
well, at least now it should find punk (and a bunch of other genres).
>>
>>72583730
Hey now grindcore works too, cool.
Would be nice with a message saying the search didn't work, now when I search "City Pop" for example it just shows something random and I don't know that the search didn't work before I read through the random release's tags.
>>
>>72583730
A good filter would maybe be minimum # of ratings, as 90% of what I'm finding now has 0 ratings and is very probably unfindable.
>>
>>72583787
added!

>>72583817
>>72583710
see >>72583730 :(
I don't understand why discogs doesn't give me that info
>>
File: CS633156-01A-BIG.jpg (68KB, 700x694px) Image search: [Google]
CS633156-01A-BIG.jpg
68KB, 700x694px
9/10
>>
>>72583599
Yeah that's exactly what he's doing. I will check out the other stuff.
>>
>>72583854
i thought he doesnt have a head on the thumbnail but he actually does good for him people need heads
>>
>>72583839
Hey I actually found pretty cool noisecore through this now, thank you
>>
>>72583730
cool man, one other thing is maybe have a list of the genres you can filter by somewhere
>>
File: 20170504_111149.png (58KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_111149.png
58KB, 719x719px
cool bot anon you just need some spicy webpage designs

>>72583260
a benji post :o
>>
>>72583887
glad to know it's working.

i made this because of my resolution to listen to 8 new albums a day, which would be difficult to easily find otherwise. Maybe I can start contribu

>>72583913
nice idea! I'll make a script to generate them in order of likelihood that they would be found later, and I'll put it in there

>>72583922
this is what happens when you let a programmer design a webpage
>>
>>72583948
you could always fall for the bootstrap meme
>>
File: james murphy anonymous.png (749KB, 856x764px) Image search: [Google]
james murphy anonymous.png
749KB, 856x764px
New LCD Soundsystem sounds like U2 with a motorik beat.

I wasn't optimistic before, but I just lost more hope I didn't even think I had.
>>
>>72583913
holy shit i didn't realize how cool this idea was until I tried to see how many genres I could try that actually work.

hardcore! gabber! breakcore! dixieland! bossa nova! math rock! speedcore!

fuckin hell anon, thank you
i'm going to have a blast exploring new genres

>>72583967
going to look into that, but i'm kind of perplexed at the jquery requirement lol
>>
>>72584240
ohh yee
it's actually happening?! where to listen?
>>
>>72584240
holy fuck filename
>>
>>72584421
>>72584240
I'm sure there's a better rip somewhere but here's where I found mine:
http://pitchfork.com/news/68034-listen-to-lcd-soundsystems-new-song-call-the-police/?mbid=social_twitter
>>
>>72584410
all of those in one!
>>
>>72584446
thanks!
not too bad actually, I like it
and I only have to wait 2 more hours for the second song, nice
i'm so hype for that album
>>
>>72583922
how could I not post when all this great music is around
>>
File: 1489953271320.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489953271320.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>simon fucked up and i got sent 2 copies of the new megg mogg and owl mini
>>
>>72579847
On the title track of Stratosphere, the album sounds so distant yet so familiar. I'm surprised no one seems to have compared it to shoegaze, it seems fuzzy enough though that's coming from someone who knows jack about music. Comfy album though, certainly great to have playing at night.
>>
>>72584902
what the fuck simon
>>
>>72579011
Yeah I like Steely Dan.
>>
Musicians of /daily/, do you buy plug-ins? Thinking about a couple Wave ones while they're on sale--J37 and plate reverb. Any experience?
>>
>>72585091
I buy plugins, just not wave ones. Never. They're probably one of the worst companies to make plugins ever. I remember reading many, many horror stories about them, so I don't have any direct experience.
>>
>>72584240
it's not bad but not great
>>
>>72585250
Hm ok, noted. I didn't see much outside of major CPU usage
>>
File: Eric Chart.png (627KB, 836x590px) Image search: [Google]
Eric Chart.png
627KB, 836x590px
wow, it's like pan sonic but shitty
>>
get on plug
>>
File: 2084823.jpg (25KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
2084823.jpg
25KB, 200x199px
>get super excited thinking it's THE coil
>30 minutes in and no coil to be found anywhere
>check release, coil is some random japanese band
im so fucking angry oh my god
>>
>>72584446
hmm that isn't great is it

still think the record should be decent though
>>
File: jazzforyoursoul.png (3MB, 2496x1842px) Image search: [Google]
jazzforyoursoul.png
3MB, 2496x1842px
today i was relistening to a lot of jazz i used to listen to about a year ago before i took a break listening to new music all the time, and i realized i really haven't heard a ton of jazz.
so heres a chart of 25 albums everyone seems to have heard and love that i haven't heard yet. im gonna work through it alongside the tourney.
>>
File: IMG_0382.jpg (783KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0382.jpg
783KB, 1536x1536px
Shoukichi Kina's The Music Power from Okinawa is an interesting experiment in mixing traditional Okinawan folk music with more traditional rock forms, but ends up faltering through being too silly and fun for it's own good. It's not the good kind of silly fun, either, it's the 'this sounds like it's made for children, why am I listening to this?' kind. There are a few genuinely beautiful moments on this record, but they're mostly drowned out by the mostly forgettable instrumentation and the aforementioned biggest issue. It's disappointing, there's a lot of potential for something great here, but it's diluted and muddied.

5-

Eiichi Ohtaki's A Long Vacation is a seemingly par-for-the-course city pop record, but if you look behind the surface you'll find that it's... a par-for-the-course city pop record with some cute references to western pop of the early 1960s, the first track especially sounding like a cut from Phil Spector's Christmas album. It's pretty apparent that Ohtaki's a big Beach Boys fan, and he honestly is able to nail the "Beach Boys" vibe better than the Wilson family themselves did a lot of the time. However, there's nothing on here that I personally found too stunning, but it's a fun pop album that I can see myself putting on from time to time.

>>
>>72585802
get avant-memed
>>
>>72585656
Wasn't gonna comment on yt cause fuck that noise but I liked your recent video essay except idk what's up with the bear guy
>>
>>72585981
Jazz composers orchestra is so tight. I'm gonna relisten to that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that an old listenalong album? Further proof that there are some gems from the listenalongs.
>>
>>72586218
the first three minutes of that video are pure petty shit and you don't have to pay attention to it
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (473KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
473KB, 1680x1680px
>>72576245
Coming in fashionably late with 25 memes fresh off the meme farm

>>72583454
Imagine being this bad at finding music l-m-a-o
(neat-o tho)

>>72585981
>Not hearing every album ever
fuckin loser
All great stuff on that chart tho.
>>
File: AFRICA.png (2MB, 1373x910px) Image search: [Google]
AFRICA.png
2MB, 1373x910px
Day 4: Guinea

Mory Kanté - Akwaba Beach
>Afro-Funk

Think 80s funk and 80s disco. Think as pure 80s as you can, and then mix it with some African rhythms and vocals. Does that sound good?

Well, some tracks actually do. The first track, the VERY bass-heavy Yeke Yeke, is crazy energetic and would be great at many parties.
The rest sounds kind of like... some City Pop dude went to Guinea and recorded an album with them. It really does remind me of city pop sometimes, but without what I like about city pop.

If you like dancey 80s stuff, LOVE 80s snares, and don't have a problem with the overall 80s sound you might like it. For me, some tracks were ok but as a whole it was pretty forgettable.

2/5
>>
>>72585656
>container
>shitty
kek
>>
File: IMG_0384.jpg (733KB, 1543x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0384.jpg
733KB, 1543x1536px
Finally. Fishmans' Kuchu Camp is the first truly great album on the list so far, though unfortunately this isn't a new discovery for me. While I don't like it as much as 98.12.28, Long Season, or Uchu Nippon Setagaya, it's still a great record that does what Fishmans do best quite well. It's their most strictly 'pop' release, which is likely why it was included hear, featuring one of their biggest singles in the form of Nightcruising (a fantastic song, by the way.) It marks the beginning of the band moving away from dub and into dream pop, though still maintains many elements of their old sound. My personal favorite track on here is the last, New Person, though the whole album is consistent in quality, which no songs that are worse than any others (similar to UNS, now that I think about it.) It's placement on the list for the band is well deserved, though if I had to choose one album by them for a Top 100 list, it wouldn't be this one.

8+
>>
>>72586519
imagine being
>>
>>72587416
>if I had to choose one album by them for a Top 100 list
Fun fact: you can actually choose 0 albums by them for a Top 100 list.
>>
File: IMG_9822.png (250KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9822.png
250KB, 750x1334px
Hahaha seems gone but I just got this email.
>>
>>72587571
imagine by john lemon
>>
>>72587591
but why would I?
>>
>>72585981
There is A LOT of good stuff on there
>>
File: heh.png (311KB, 1274x792px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
311KB, 1274x792px
>>72587676
me i got the email too and the songs are here idk what youre talking about

imma listen
>>
>>72587700
imagine how is touch the sky
>>
>>72587747
I mean the trip 'hahaha'
>>
>>72587773
oh.... i thought you were just laughing
>>
>>72587778
I never laugh.
>>
>>72587815
oh haha
>>
>>72587815
let me make a joke to you then

knock knock
>>
>>72587961
Who's there?
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (732KB, 1542x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
732KB, 1542x1536px
Oh, shit! I finally discovered an album that I hadn't heard before on here that's actually pretty good! Sadistic Mika Band's Black Ship is a great conceptual pop record, Serge Gainsbourg-style. The tracks all fit together as a cohesive whole, the album serving as a very 70s rock "epic." I'm not sure if there's an actual lyrical concept throughout the whole record, since I can't speak Japanese, but sonically it fits together perfectly. There are a few exceptional jams on here as well, the second and fifth tracks especially. I can definitely see myself liking this even more with repeated listens.

7+
>>
>>72588485
Oooh excited for the Taturo Yamashita album soon
>>
>>72587416
>>72588485
mad props on doing this list. Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience for a list that looks so lazily put together.

>>72587591
There are more posts of you and yamir complaining about fishmans posts than there are posts about fishmans
>>
>>72588106
This wasn't me but I guess the post is at least a 5.5/10
>>
>>72589517
Which, let's be honest, is higher than most of my actual posts would score
>>
50 Cool Albums Chart.png
3MB, 3220x1900px
Brave Little Abacus - Masked Dancers: Concern in So Many Things You Forget Where You Are (2009)
>midwest emo, math rock

The freshest, most inventive emo record I've ever heard, bogged down by a couple issues. The vocals seem to be a point of contention among a lot of people, and I can definitely see where some of the hatred comes from (they are /supremely/ shrill and whiny), but on the album's best tracks they're really passionate and full of conviction, which are the characteristics I look for in vocals on an emo record. Some of the shorter, thrashier tracks are also a bit lukewarm compared to the long epics this band is so good at making. And wow, they are really good at these longer tracks. The best tracks here are insane, multi-faceted mixtures of emo, math rock, chiptune, prog rock, and psychedelia, and they're great. The technicality here is really great too, the drummer turns in an especially great performance, but it never falls into wankiness, it's always passionate and always urgent, but the vocals and the shorter songs hurt an otherwise very good album.

The Soft Machine - The Soft Machine (1968)
>psychedelic rock, canterbury scene

I like this more than Third, fight me. Something about the short, bite-sized structure of this album suits the band incredibly well. There's little jazz to be found, which is a bit of a detriment because I love the jazzier aspects of their later works, but they do this '60s psych garage sound incredibly well, mainly because Wyatt, Ratledge, and Ayers are such incredible instrumentalists. The songs themselves are great, save for a couple tracks that sound a tad too much like long-forgotten Doors b-sides, but the unique sound of the unique power trio makes even the most generic tracks here interesting, and Wyatt's drum work is particularly mesmerizing. Don't sleep on this if you like Third.

3.0+
>>
complaining about fishmans posts > fishmans > this post > fishmans posts > posts complaining about complaining about fishmans posts
>>
>>72574137
found some pretty ok hip hop, heard it on the CBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPJlNs-8ERk
>>
>>72589787
actually tho
>>
>>72589787
There are more posts complaining about the ranking of complaining about fishmans posts vs fishmans posts vs posts complaining about fishmans posts than there are posts complaining about complaining about fishmans posts
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (601KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
601KB, 1560x720px
The Electric Prunes - Release of an Oath (1968)
>symphonic rock, symphonic prog

Axelrod's forte was in effortlessly cool background music, and while this is most certainly still background music, it's dorky as hell. It's mostly very watered down prog, but it's still got some glimpses of Axelrod's over-the-top symphonic sound, and I wish there was more of this present on the album. The tracks that don't have this sound straddle the line between cheesy and bland perfectly, and that's not a good thing.

2.0+
>>
>>72590180
All this late-60's symphonic prog. Check out The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord. Just relistening now myself, actually. Surprisingly nice with the arrangements, really impressive studio work
>>
>>72590273
will do, i've been wanting to check out more moody blues.
>>
Is the tracklist on here right? https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-mothers-of-invention/uncle-meat/

Where I'm listening, the third track is called "Nine Types of Industrial Polution", not "400 Days of the Year"
>>
File: IMG_0389.jpg (736KB, 1545x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
736KB, 1545x1536px
Fantasma might just be the coziest album ever made. The whole thing sounds like Cornelius has personally let you into his studio and is allowing you to hear all the cool musical ideas and genre experiments he's been working on. It's pretty damn magical, if you ask me. He's able to play with, sample, and reference so much shit and it always works. This album was both the peak and swan song of Shibuya-kei, and the status it's developed over the years is well deserved. It is, however, kept from perfection by a somewhat weaker second half, though it does contain a few of the record's highlights as well. While I personally prefer Cornelius's next album, Point, Fantasma's influence and vital importance to Japanese "indie" music makes it certainly deserving of being on a list like this.

8+
>>
>>72590583
It's the same song, but just listed differently on the original vinyl release
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Meat#Track_listing

Make sure your version doesn't have half-hour long spoken word tracks. Last bit should be the King Kong series.

>>72590589
Hell yes. Point and Fantasma are fucking excellent.
>>
File: think.png (39KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
think.png
39KB, 728x728px
>>72590583
seconding this question

>>72589926
man now im excited to finally give fishmans a rating, this will truly define my reputation
>>
>>72583280
>What Yoshide album do you recommend for turntable stuff?
Turntables and Computers with Nobukazu Takemura
>>
50 Cool Albums Chart.png
3MB, 3220x1900px
Dün - Eros (1981)
>avant-prog, zeuhl

More of a lost Zappa/Herrmann Szobel album than a zeuhl album, with lots of quirky, melodic percussion work and a heavy emphasis on weirdness. By the end a few of the album's tricks wear thin as they tend to repeat themselves quite a lot, but the percussion alone makes this consistently engaging and interesting, and the way the songs progress is really satisfying and brilliant. Not without it's flaws, but a formidable lost prog masterpiece it surely is.

3.0-

Envy - All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead (2001)
>screamo, post-hardcore

Pretty standard screamo/post-hardcore with a nice little post-rock edge. I quite like when this band explores their post-rock sound. The post-rock tracks still maintain a hardcore grit, a hardcore edge, but the structures of the tracks are more interesting and pleasing, and they play with dynamics beautifully. The straightforward hardcore is just that — straightforward. Not bad, by any means, but really generic and overdone, it feels like the sound's been done better by a thousand other bands. The vocalist isn't particularly great either, the one scream he pulls off is pretty wimpy, and a poor vocalist on a screamo album is a pretty bad sign, but the rest of the album is luckily pretty decent.

2.5+
>>
what does it mean if I enjoy travis scott and asap rocky and danny brown over traditional music and free improv and noise now

is this the post-patrician life, radio hip hop?
>>
>>72583854
It's okay. It's kinda just rodeo but worse

which you should also hear if you liked that album that much.
>>
>>72591359
There are only two places to go from avant-teen: either you become a poptimist and proclaim music that isn't fun and danceable is trash for people who want to look cool or become a Bach purist and proclaim that all non-baroque music is trash in comparison.
>>
>>72591359
having transcending musical taste is just flipping around to the other side and becoming full normie.
>>
>>72591359
>>72591416
yeah honestly i just assumed at some point all of us here would either be poptimists or insufferable classical nerds

gotta say travis scott looks really funny among alan licht and fahey in your 4.0s
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (638KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
638KB, 1560x720px
Twigs - EP (2012)
>alternative R&B, trip hop

I still may not like LP1, but both of her other EPs are massive improvements to this project. She'd improve massively as a singer and a producer. As a singer, she hasn't quite developed that beautiful, breathy timbre she perfects on her later works, which makes this EP lose a lot of the vocal personality that defines her later works. The production is far too simple and indebted to basic trip hop. Most of the tracks here are just basic beats, and it gets really old to listen to. Last track is decent, the rest kinda sucks.

0.5+
>>
>>72591505
Rudi BTFO
>>
>>72591252
Hermann Szobel needs to be mentioned more often here. Try Arrigo Barnabé if you haven't already.

>>72591416
third option: be a 20th century purist and listen only to Xenakis and Murail
>>
>>72591531
hey i still like M3L155X or whatever the hell it's called

>>72591622
will do, thanks!
>>
File: dailycore2.jpg (4MB, 2822x4239px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2822x4239px
Good job Fish, I really enjoyed your 3. Overall score: 3.83

>Minor Threat - Complete Discography

I've always loved this sort of 90s rebellious skater aesthetic that this album has, so it's not a surprise I enjoyed this. Not much to say about it besides it being essential punk. Kind of top heavy. The drumming was amazing, btw

4/5
>Pale Cocoon - 繭 (Cocoon)

Loved how dreamy this was, the synths really did it for me. Especially that last track, goddamn.

4/5
>The Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat

Turns out I actually had this rated as a 3/5, but it had been so long I decided I should relisten, and I'm glad I did. The instrumentation was great for the most part, but I'm still not 100% on board with Zappa's humor and aesthetic. It's hard to not get a sort of cheesy vibe from this, however bad of a term that is to use for reviewing something. Still, it's incredibly admirable how so many people came together and made music that was, in most cases, great. It was very lush and colorful, definitely something that takes time to digest.

3.5/5
>>
daily.png
3MB, 2614x1680px
Returning to some of the tracks I didn't like off of Lincoln, i found they grew on me a lot. Bumped to a 3.5.

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
Nah. I don't get how this is anything other than bland indie rock. Even the best songs here were just slightly above average. The vocalist reminded me of Bixler-Zavala which isn't a good thing, and almost every time he opened his mouth I just wanted to punch him in the face. Also idk if You Are Invited has some sort of deeper meaning but the lyrics were embarrassing. A few good songs but overall kinda bad.

Jackie McLean - One Step Beyond
Really unique, consistent sound. Reminded me a bit of Out to Lunch thanks to Bobby Hutcherson's vibes, but stands entirely on its own. The first and last tracks were HUGE. 4.0 for now but could easily go up.

Bitch Ass Darius - Follow the Sound
I really wanted to like this more than I did, but to me this wasn't anything special outside of the humorous use of overtly sexual samples. Idk the music was just sort of... there. I'm sure this would be great for a party but not something I would want to listen to again on my own.

WHAT NEXT?????
>>
>>72592099
mr bungle.. le ass on fire xD

fr though best track is Love is a Fist
>>
>>72592135
will do.
>>
>>72592135
actually this might not be true, i don't remember most of the tracks

desu I should probably relisten, don't think I have it rated
>>
>>72592154
>>72592135
I feel like this is something I'm actually gonna really enjoy and am gonna get shit on for it, but oh well
>>
>>72592192
i mean, it's definitely not nearly as good as California, but I like it. i think it just tries a little too hard to be weird, and understandably that makes people loathe it

fuck em though you do you
>>
>>72592069
Neatneatneat

Pafe records only put out one album as far as I know (that Pale Cocoon album) but they have tones of other interesting experimental/minimal synth stuff I'd also highly reccomend.

https://rateyourmusic.com/label/pafe_records/

Also I'd rec you continue listening to other shit that Zappa put out. The three you've heard by him are probably his least accessible. I get the vibe you'd probably enjoy most of his early stuff.

>>72592099
I feel like E&I isn't actually that good but I've never gotten around to disliking it. It was just ingrained in me as an impressionable youth so much, and I feel like unless you hear it in that context you can't really vibe with it. I can sing every lyric from that album without even thinking twice about it.

Do flippin' Blind Willie Nelson or Tuxedomoon N O W

>>72592192
>>72592231
People give a lot of unreasonable hate to Bungle in the same way as Yeezus. Like, it's certainly not good imo but it's not like THAT bad.

Also, California is way better no doubt.
>>
>>72592254
Yeah I think timing is everything when it comes to certain types of music, especially indie rock. Like for you it's E&I, but for me I love Brand New's TD&GARIM which I heard and loved back in high school, and I still like now, but I probably would dislike it if I first heard it today.
>>
>>72592254
Just listened to https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/funeral_party_f2/dream_of_embryo/ from Pafe, again, was pretty great
>>
•••
>>
File: another collage.jpg (439KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
another collage.jpg
439KB, 1250x1250px
>>72576245
>>
this is really good and i think it deserves more attention
https://visualdisturbances.bandcamp.com/album/uncanny-valley
experimental noise rock
>>
File: CUT cover.jpg (838KB, 1728x1728px) Image search: [Google]
CUT cover.jpg
838KB, 1728x1728px
CUMWAVE - CUT
>>
File: Freeform.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.png
1MB, 1560x720px
Phew, busy day. Don't have time to do writeups rn but quick chart update.

Vespertine really surprised me and Slowdive was definitely better than I anticipated. Rosebudd's Revenge is already high up in my AOTY consideration but I'm admittedly a huge fan of Roc's sound

Hmu if you have any questions or whatever
>>
File: slow deep and hard.jpg (437KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slow deep and hard.jpg
437KB, 1000x1000px
From the wikipedia article:

>In keeping with the band's notable humor, the cover of Slow, Deep and Hard is of a blurred out picture of sexual penetration

And I'm like

BITCH WHERE

BITCH

WHERE

????

I've listened to the first song on this album a goddamn million times and I just stare at this cover like an asshole going cross eyed tryna see the people fuckin but I can't. Someone point it out to me.

>>72593498
>Slowdive over Lemon of Pink
>Having an opinion that is not exactly mine
T R I G G E R E D
>>
File: 61JOZVE3RqL._SS500.jpg (106KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61JOZVE3RqL._SS500.jpg
106KB, 500x500px
>>72593572
>i cant see the penis guys
its like youre TRYING to set yourself to get memed on

here the remastered version makes it easier to see

>Slowdive over Lemon of Pink
this is fucked though yeah
>>
File: bitch WHERE.jpg (1MB, 3000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bitch WHERE.jpg
1MB, 3000x1000px
>>72593660
I STILL CAN'T FUCKING SEE IT

BITCH

WHERE ???
>>
File: 1472350275469.jpg (88KB, 488x659px) Image search: [Google]
1472350275469.jpg
88KB, 488x659px
>>72593674
I'm dying laughing

what the fuck fish
>>
File: C-YK75rW0AE2B-T.jpg (132KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-YK75rW0AE2B-T.jpg
132KB, 900x1200px
can u believe they used to try to electroshock the gay out of people? [stabs 8 yr old with estrogen needle]
crazy
>>
>>72593695
who's this hot twink
>>72593572
>>72593660
>>72593674
LMAO I never saw it either desu
>>
File: 197398270.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
197398270.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>72593674
pls stop responding to me now youre embarrassing me
>>
>>72593687
>>72593707
okay mr. smartypants where's the dick then

>>72593695
yeah shit's nuts they would've done that to jangle
>>
>>72593674
holy shit
>>
>>72593572
Yeah Lemon of Pink was a cool ass listen. Definitely one of the more unique albums I've heard recently, I'm just not too big on the whole sound collage style idk

And I'm a sucker for shoegaze for some reason, so that probably explains the Slowdive rating

>>72593715
>implying they haven't already done it to jangle

That's why he's always so grumpy duh
>>
>>72593715
think about perspective

like why would the dick be fuckin lopsided like you drew it

do you see it now
>>
File: 1480106583631.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1480106583631.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>72593674
>>
File: dicke and also le balls.png (667KB, 1352x1720px) Image search: [Google]
dicke and also le balls.png
667KB, 1352x1720px
>>72593674
I'm sorry I just can't let this continue
>>
>>72593778
>just think about it
GEE THAT HELPS A LOT

draw a pic or something dude

>>72593815
how the fuck is that thing in the bottom supposed to be a pussy? What the hell is that darker-colored stuff then? Shit makes no sense.
>>
File: 1482320159398.gif (997KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482320159398.gif
997KB, 500x375px
>>72593847
jfc dude
>>
File: 1396236994918.jpg (8KB, 285x337px) Image search: [Google]
1396236994918.jpg
8KB, 285x337px
>>72593674
what the hell
>>
>>72593847
Ffs fish lad
>>
File: klangry.jpg (45KB, 237x269px) Image search: [Google]
klangry.jpg
45KB, 237x269px
>>72593660
>>72593674
>>72593815

Wtf this is too much for me guys
>>
>>72593695
get this transphobic filth out of my general
>>
>>72593847
Fish have u ever seen a vagina
>>
>>72594430
yeah like two

there is no pussy on that album art
>>
>>72593847
>>72593815
btw I meant thing on the bottom as in on the bottom of the album art. I know that little squiggle is supposed to be a vagoo but idk what the rest is
>>
>>72594470
I never realized that cover was people having sex until now, always thought it was a hallway. But come-on as soon as you mentioned it, I saw it instantly.
>>
New Oxbow
>>
>>72594470
Is a benis
>>
>>72595190
i agree
>>
File: big mess kill em all.jpg (381KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
big mess kill em all.jpg
381KB, 1200x1200px
hey guys
long time no see
hope you are all well

we made a thing
if anyone's interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZfBLk6ZaoU
https://bigmessdk.bandcamp.com/album/kill-em-all
>>
>>72589040
>There are more posts of you and yamir complaining about fishmans posts than there are posts about fishmans
there are more posts of you complaining about jangle and yamir complaining about fishmans posts than there are posts of jangle and yamir complaining about fishmans posts OR posts about fishmans
>>
Nice to wake up to fish screaming he can't see the dicke and balls
>>
>>72591407
Nah rodeo is too inconsistent
>>72591452
Yea I see that. I'm surprised I ended up liking it that much but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>72595773
does the dk in bigmessdk stand for donkey kong
>>
>>72596640
Yes
>>
>>72596479
i was about to make a similar post
>>
>>72592099
if u win the tourney spot w bitch ass darius youll be a lucky man
>>72596479
seconded. i always miss the good /daily/ antics when i go to sleep
>>
>>72596581
can i ask, what makes rodeo inconsistent for you? to me, birds is good but it's like Travis is on autopilot with a lot of the songs, but rodeo feels a lot more dense.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1MUKOJIIo

much better than the other single
>>
File: 1302583395699.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1302583395699.png
16KB, 200x300px
A little bit morbid but I'm curious to know what /mu/ has as their ideal [spoiler]funeral[/spoiler] song and why
>>
>>72596981
fahey blows his nose
>>
>>72596981
Suffocate For Fuck Sake - Le Gilet Fraternel
>>
>>72596768
I mean Rodeo is a 66 minute trap album where many of the songs don't develop themselves properly harmonically or tempowise (oh my dis side, wasted)

Birds really never feels like that, and even though some of the songs aren't as dense as some on Rodeo Travis works well with it.

They're not super comparable, Rodeo is more narrative and I could see why that would make it more appealing to someone but I'm not certain I care enough about that to forgo things like Guidance and The Ends
>>
>>72596981
duster - cooking
>>
>>72596981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVS2GUMmZ4I
>>
I'm friends with the mods. FISH was banned
>>
>>72597736
My dad at Nintendo told me the same
>>
>>72596981
Bone Thugs - Tha Crossroads
>>
>>72597375
yeah i see your points. thinking about it, rodeo is a little less consistent than birds. i guess it just has more songs i like
btw i was totally in the same place as u a few months ago where i just totally stopped listening to new stuff and exclusively listened to trap/soundcloud rap. it's just addicting man, i still play carti a lot now.
>>
RA RA RASPUTIN
>>
>>72599327
RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE
>>
This is fucking bonkers what the hell
>>
http://studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live/
cumblogs
>>
>>72599457
more like DUMB blogs
>>
>>72599457
>cumblogs
>>
>>72594455
seriously cant tell if memin
>>
File: help.jpg (87KB, 392x450px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
87KB, 392x450px
File: IMG_0372.jpg (127KB, 981x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.jpg
127KB, 981x789px
>>72600150
hit them folks
>>
File: 5050chart1.jpg (1MB, 1295x1074px) Image search: [Google]
5050chart1.jpg
1MB, 1295x1074px
>Lukáš Grygar - Láska Bystrouška
It's folk and it's ok!
6+/11

>Handsomeboy Technique - Adelie Land
I've heard some things about this sounding like The Avalanches but I wasn't expecting that coming in anyways. What you get is really great The Go! Team inspired plunderphonics, with a bit of pre-SILY Avalanches flavour. The first 3 tracks were nothing much to me but as soon as the 4th track starts the quality skyrockets, track 8 wasn't that good either but the rest more than well make up for it.
8-/11

>Shakti With John McLaughlin - Natural Elements
Lost its focus towards the end being more of the same. but I'd definitely keep it. Jazz fusion with traditional Indian music.
6-/11
>>
File: 1480078667407.jpg (269KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
1480078667407.jpg
269KB, 600x908px
Where can I listen to this https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/%E7%81%B0%E9%87%8E%E6%95%AC%E4%BA%8C/%E9%AD%82%E3%81%AE%E7%B4%94%E6%84%9B__souls_true_love_/

It's queud on slsk
>>72593815
>dicke and also le balls
>>
>>72600995
the question is why, not where
>>
>>72596306
i've made like three ever lmao and you guys scream literally every time someone says "I enjoy this album by fishmans"

even ironically (actually, especially) it's getting fucking old for everyone but you two

>>72596899
oh damn for sure

>>72596981
my pussy be yankin' for sure

>>72597736
uh oh

>>72599327
>>72599365
fuck yeah

>>72600040
only a little
>>
>>72601162
It's a meme dude are you genuinely autistic
>looks at dicke posts
nvm
>>
>>72601256
idc dude it just makes you guys look retarded when every thread it goes

>Hello I enjoy thing

and u go

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but now

>jk only ironically being retarded for epic lulz

ah yes I see very different

it's not exclusive to you two but it's just the most tired shit ever like

person 1
"hello I enjoy thing"

person 2
>implying enjoying thing shiggy diggy

like miss me with that shit mang
>>
File: 1489971016183.jpg (7KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1489971016183.jpg
7KB, 128x128px
>>72601162
>>72601256
>>72601319
>>
File: demon think.png (222KB, 278x204px) Image search: [Google]
demon think.png
222KB, 278x204px
>>72601319
>>
thank goodness we're at bump limit!
>>
>>72601256
>It's a meme dude are you genuinely autistic
did u even read my post piggo? I said /especially/ when it's ironically it's even more tired and retarded

idc about your opinions, but "it's just a joke" is a good excuse for an opinion, not for being unfunny.
>>
File: 1492560684849.jpg (60KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1492560684849.jpg
60KB, 866x866px
THANKGOODNESSWE'REATBUMPLIMIT!!!
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (95KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
95KB, 600x656px
>>72601373
>>
>>72601463
>>72601463
>>72601463

lets put this behind us
>>
fish.....
>>
File: ahhh.jpg (28KB, 540x599px) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.jpg
28KB, 540x599px
>>72601352
>"it's just a joke" is a good excuse for an opinion, not for being unfunny.
you're autistic fish but this is so true
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.