[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw you just realized he was in blur Jesus Christ, how uninformed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1025.jpg (207KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1025.jpg
207KB, 1200x799px
>Tfw you just realized he was in blur
Jesus Christ, how uninformed am I? Should I listen to blur now? What should I expect/go to first as someone who definitely likes a lot of the sounds that came from Gorillaz?
>>
No Blur are the worst band of all time
>>
Listen to Parklife and 13
>>
>Should I listen to them?
Yes.
>what should i expect?
Nothing like the Gorillaz really, except maybe their last album, Think Tank. Their sound is really difficult to describe. They've been called britpop, but Oasis, who was their big rival back when they were active, is also britpop technically, and they sound nothing alike.
>>
>>72573814
thats not how you spell U2
>>
Listen to 13, it's their best album
Self-titled is good too. So is Think Tank, which is basically a lost Gorillaz album.
The rest is better left forgotten.
>>
I only like their Best of album. Back when I tried to get into their other albums they all fell flat for me, but the best of is usually a nice listen although its been a while
>>
>>72573826
Self titled is pretty good too. Would be a lot better if they cut Strange News from Another Star and Look inside America.

But yeah OP, Parklife and 13 are the best. Parklife for radio friendly poppy blur, and 13 for experimental Graham on the Bottle blur.
>>
>>72573839
>U2
>worst band of all time
No. Their early work negates all the trash they've put out since.
>>
>>72573853

Great Escape isn't great, but it's not that bad.

First two albums are kind of sucky. Singles are good though.
>>
File: tg_97_graham_big.jpg (114KB, 504x700px) Image search: [Google]
tg_97_graham_big.jpg
114KB, 504x700px
If you play guitar, you'll probably really appreciate Blur.

Graham Coxon came up with some pretty neato stuff.
>>
>>72573959
>>72573930
>>72573853
>>72573826

>anything but MLIR as the best album

plebs
>>
>>72574039

Leisure and MLIR, was them trying to work up to Parklife. Parklife is the final form of peak Blur britpop.

No way is MLIR the best.
>>
>>72573537
t. typical Gorillaz fan
>>
>>72573814
Get out Liam Gallagher

Parklife, 13 and the s/t are the good ones.
>>
File: assburger helper.png (766KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
assburger helper.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
When i was a kid i thought the gorllliaz was real people then we got internet and i found out it were the woo hoo man
>>
Blur has turned into a meme band. They fucking suck
>>
>>72574214
Same here desu.
>>
>>72573537

damn damon is pretty sexy. he looks like the ideal sugar daddy.....if only ;__;
>>
>>72573839
>i only grew up with shitty late U2
>>
>>72574234
Hey Noel, watcha doin?
>>
File: damon meets a fan.jpg (333KB, 633x1024px) Image search: [Google]
damon meets a fan.jpg
333KB, 633x1024px
Damon is a clever fox who invented the end game of pop music, a virtual band that never ages, were you can have featuring artists depending on whats popular, and were you can expand it into cartoons and merch if you were even more cynical.
Like damon is a 50 year old brit pop faggot getting interviewed by hot97.

The gorrllaz formula is the beginning of the end of pop music, you will see when record companies create their own virtual bands, broadcast them through the occulus rift and with holograms, fire and hire singers over and over again.
Holy shit damon is an evil genius
>>
>>72574374
Chill out bro. To much intenet for a day
>>
>>72574403
Its were its headed man.
Damon even admitted the gorillaz were invented because he wanted to create the most cynical pop garbage possible.

>The idea to create Gorillaz came about when Albarn and Hewlett were watching MTV. Hewlett said, "If you watch MTV for too long, it's a bit like hell – there's nothing of substance there. So we got this idea for a cartoon band, something that would be a comment on that."
>>
Yes you should, The latest Gorillaz was an disappointment sadly! :(
>>
>>72574374
>>72574551
strongly seconding this
>>
>>72573835
They released a new album 2 years ago, The Magic Whip
>>
>>72573853
Modern life is rubbish is some of their best work minus miss america
>>
>>72574234
>Blur has turned into a meme band.
How exactly?
>>
>>72576952
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>72577132
And that negates the rest of their discography and other popular songs how?
>>
>>72577145
>other popular songs
They literally dont have any.

They're a fucking one hit wonder whose discography isnt worth any mention whatsoever
>>
>>72577145
I'm not saying that, I love Blur i'm just saying what the meme is. They never got very big in NA so thats what everyone knows them for.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.