[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy metal is a world of its own, and even people who grew up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Heavy metal is a world of its own, and even people who grew up listening to AOR such as Led Zeppelin and Quiet Riot seldom maintain a serious affectation for the stuff. Rock intellectuals invariably prefer punk, alternative, even hip-hop, and their disdain rankles the metal faithful. The phallic narcissism of metal has few rivals outside of toilet art, X-rated movies, and (oh yes) rap.

As one of those rock intellectuals, I remain unconverted. It never seems to occur to to metal enthusiasts that metal's virtuosity and reverb-drenched melodramatics are precisely what rock-and-roll was put on earth to save us from.
>>
He gave Ok Computer a B-
>>
File: 1490256468425.jpg (8KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490256468425.jpg
8KB, 248x233px
>rock intellectuals
>>
>>72570351
t. Nu-male
>>
Is there even a dumber profession than a critic of some sort?
>>
>rock intellectuals
>>
>>72570351
how come fantano manages to be the least stuck up, that's really saying something

At least he isn't fucking scaruffi pastaman wanking how much he hates the beatles.
>>
>>72570431
>>72570594
He's Ivy League educated.
>>
>live my whole life thinking metal is scary and heavy
>listen to it for first time in 2010
it's very thin actually
>>
>Freude boys
>>
>>72570645
Which detracts from understanding Rock and Roll.
>>
Robert Christgau on Emergency & I

>none of them seems to be playing a keyboard even though most of them can.

its like the primary instrument on that record
>>
This guy only likes artists who do mediocre funk/hip-hop jams about NYC.
>>
>>72570351
really makes you think...
>>
>>72570351
>AOR such as Led Zeppelin
isn't that the band that 15 year olds love
>>
>>72570704
what the fuck
did he even listen to the album
>>
The problem with music critics is that they aren't interested in the actual music, they're just interested in it as a sociological/political statement and will go out of their way to promote artists who reflect the critic's personal politics.
>>
>>72570668
Nope
>>
>>72571160
For him the music itself is the statement, I don't see anything wrong with that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.