[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>12. Complexion >'complexion don't mean a thing'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: tpab.jpg (176KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tpab.jpg
176KB, 1000x1000px
>12. Complexion
>'complexion don't mean a thing'

>13. The Blacker the Berry
>'the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice'

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72569519
Race is irrelevant unless you're white
>>
He meant you should shelve the album a while and come back to it if or when you're smart enough to understand it
>>
>>72569527
Where does he say "except if your white" though? Doesn't the next line of complexion say "Dark as the midnight hour or bright as the morning sun, Give a fuck about your complexion, I know what the Germans done."?
>>
>>72569540
explain then mate, sounds like he doesnt have a consistent message
>>
it's not about races being equal it's about kill whitey
>>
>>72569519

He's the biggest hypocrite of 2015
>>
>At first I was like
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity, nigga

>But then I was like
>N-E-G-U-S definition: royalty; King royalty
N-E-G-U-S description: Black emperor, King, ruler, now let me finish
N-E-G-U-S, say it with me
>And
I got, I got, I got, I got
Loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA
Cocaine quarter piece, got war and peace inside my DNA
I got power, poison, pain and joy inside my DNA
I got hustle though, ambition, flow, inside my DNA
I was born like this, since one like this
Immaculate conception
I transform like this, perform like this
Was Yeshua's new weapon
>>
>>72569573
He's just talking about light skin black girls.
>>
>>72569695
HOWEVER

>I'm an Israelite. Don't call me black no more
>>
>>72569709
Yes but blacker the berry implies that the light skins arent negus'
>>
>The new James Bond gonna be black as me!

That verse ruins the song.
>>
>>72569658
>>
>>72569732
I agreed with fantano on the israelite shit on Damn. It was complete fucking nonsense and as I was hearing it I was actually like 'what the fuck is this.'
I thought it was satire or something at first.
>>
>>72569658
this come the fuck on op you stupid fuck
>>
>>72569812
Read the Genius annotation lol

https://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-yah-lyrics

>Kendrick is likely identifying with the Hebrew Israelites—people of color, including Africans, Latinos and Native Americans, who believe they are the descendants of Jacob and the lost tribes of Israel.

>A voicemail from his cousin, on the track “FEAR.,” explains why Kendrick is embracing his Israelite heritage
>his Israelite heritage
>>
>listening to a rap album that was released recently
>"THEY OUT HERE KILLIN US"
Man this shit is tired. Common's new album was way over the top with that shit. It's just pandering to media fueled outrage, disgusting.
>>
Two words, Pussy juicy
>>
it means you should start listening to better rappers than kendrick
>>
File: 1493767756262.jpg (21KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
1493767756262.jpg
21KB, 300x288px
>>72569519

"The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
The blacker the berry, the bigger I shoot"

He flips the line into a negative when you include the whole hook. The entire song is about institutionalized racism and racial profiling. Kendrick personally thinks everyone should be proud of their heritage (ie: Complexion) but the cops use his heritage as a means to profile him and shoot him down. The lines aren't hypocritical at all.

But there are some hypocrisies in the album, hence:
>>72569658

>>72569695

Fuck your ethnicity is a vulgar--if not obtuse--yet positive message of looking past race to the person themself. Kendrick isn't saying, "Fuck being part of a culture, fuck being proud of your heritage." He's saying that your ethnicity or the ethnicity of others shouldn't necessitate a tribe mentality; one that stops you from seeing others as who they actually are.
>>
>>72569936
He made Ethnicity back before race relations took a dive though, now it's so easy for rappers to cash in on the us vs them mentality that a lot of blacks have recently taken to a new level.
>>
>Black berries = nig testicles
>juice = cum
Big black balls produce sweeter cum
>>
File: 1493756751248.jpg (51KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1493756751248.jpg
51KB, 760x760px
>>72570056

race relations in the US have been shit since the beginning of time. have you listened to any rap in the 80's or 90's? do you have any notion of jim crow laws? this has been a pillar of rap forever, retard.
>>
>>72570269
>implying race relations in the US are equal to or better than the decade before the BLM movements
>>
>>72570269
>Talking about a period of time after 2011.
>Bringing up jim crow laws.
Are you trying to sound like an idiot?
>>
>>72569614
Literally read any other thread about The Blacker The Berry. How do people still not understand what it's about?
>>
>>72569540
thank you.
>>
File: 1493541487197.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493541487197.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>72570378

>now it's so easy for rappers to cash in on the us vs them mentality

the mentality has been fostered for a long time, is my point, you dopey fuck.

>>72570311

they've been consistently oscillating between a state of very shit and not as shit.

is /pol/ trying to meme TPAB now? just meme DAMN, it has the israelite line which makes it easy to shitpost about.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nm-DdBPsBE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>72570502
>edgy as fuck by breaking album
>Proceeds to spend 20 seconds trying to break album one-handed before needing a break and trying again
>>
>>72569519
he can make music but he's not very smart
>>
>>72569519
Imagine being this fucking stupid, just like read the lyrics while you listen or something, no one can help you from being this slow
>>
>>72570311
>implying they're worse
sorry that your bubble was penetrated but the only thing that's changed in race relations is how much you're hearing about it
>>
>>72569658
This
>>
>>72569519
He takes on different mindsets throughout the album you dip
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.