[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please /mu/ lets talk about this. like what genre is it? what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Joy Shapes Chalambades.png (179KB, 338x338px) Image search: [Google]
Joy Shapes Chalambades.png
179KB, 338x338px
please /mu/ lets talk about this. like what genre is it? what the actual fuck is this thing? I've never heard anything like it in my life.
>>
just started listening, 10 minutes in

...woa
>>
>>72569421
>>72569538
>1 poster
Samefagging so hard here. It's dark ambient by the way
>>
>baby's first experimental folk
wooo fancy
>>
>>72569568
>dark ambient
this is far from ambient music, nor is it dark
>>
File: 1490805319673.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1490805319673.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>>72569617
give some recs similar to this then
>>
>>72569644
I've only listened to the start and that's dark and its ambient. Does it change further on?
>>
File: 1484160198289.png (364KB, 716x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484160198289.png
364KB, 716x597px
Not OP but why am I easily impressed by anything with a hint of "experimental"?
>>
>>72569708
of course it fucking does
>>
>>72569617
>experimental folk
just read the rym description have we?
>>
>>72569741
Oh hahahaha. Funny one. You know I mean 'does it stop being dark ambient?'
>>
it's a fucking masterpiece but most /mu/tants on at this time are summer high schoolers who think that Trout Mask Replica is shit and have AnCo in their top 10
>>
>>72569770
are you retarded? this is as far from ambient music as experimental sounds can get, it's much more on the psychedelic and avant garde spectrum
>>
>>72569818
>ambient can't be experimental
>ambient can't be psychedelic
This album (or what I heard of it) is not psychedelic in the slightest
>>
>>72569949
>(or what I heard of it)

nothing like judging the entirety of an album from just a small snippet of the full piece
>>
>>72569617
>>72569708
cant you tell its summer already, all the teens are here in force shitting up the place.

This album is a beautiful crash of various emotions over what seems to be metaphysical representations of said emotions in musical soundscapes, one of my favourite albums ever
>>
>>72569970
I'm not judging the entire of the album. Have you even been in this argument or have you been absent for the first couple of posts and then jumped in? I've said that I've heard the start of it and it sounds like dark ambient. You said it wasn't and I asked if it changes style later on because it sounds like dark ambient from what I've heard. You then claimed it can't be ambient because it's avant garde (which isn't even a genre you retard) and psychedelic, not even answering my question. I'm not judging the entire album, just what I have heard of it and that's all I've said in this conversation

>>72570027
>summer
Just because you disagree with somebody doesn't make them fodder for whatever insults are trendy. I'm not new to /mu/ as well if you throw that one. I come here regularly

>musical soundscapes
What is ambient?
>>
>>72570218
You still judged the album by just a short listen you fucking nonce, like what the is your argument, try listening to the full thing before throwing your opinions around like you actually know what the full album is like
>>
huge charalambides fan here
Glowing Raw = Exile = Joy Shapes = Vintage Burden = Likeness = Historic 6th Ward > Market Square = Unknown Spin = Our Bed Is Green = Strangle the Wretched Heavens > everything else

go listen to christina's solo album Texas Modern Exorcism if you haven't its just as good as the rest of their top albums
>>
>>72569949
listen to the last song son
>>
>>72570536
Finally someone who isn't shitting up the thread, thanks dude, I'll check em out
>>
>>72570425
I never threw my opinion around. I clearly asked you I'd it changed and you ignored me whilst throwing insults like a child
>>
>>72570536
this guy knows whats up
>>
File: Likeness Cover.png (626KB, 687x513px) Image search: [Google]
Likeness Cover.png
626KB, 687x513px
Who /physical/ here
Also have Exile LP coming next week.
>>
Why didn't you post the album op?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hiBZtjwHR8
>>
>>72570762
No you literally said
>It's dark ambient by the way
When the album isn't dark ambient
>>
>>72569421
Is this the one Scaruffi gave an 8 to
>>
It's uh post-neo-drone-folk-rock with uh noise, minimalist, and ambient influences
cool album op, thanks
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.