[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /mu, i have a problem. i am very inexperienced with a guitar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

okay /mu, i have a problem. i am very inexperienced with a guitar. never played one. i have and electric guitar and i want to lear/dick around with it. problem is the amp doesn't sound "electric" it just sounds like a acoustics sound was boosted. it doesn't have that "rock sound". any help?
>>
>>72568849
what amp is it?
>>
>>72568867
A peavey rockmaster
>>
>>72568937
>peavey rockmaster
Turn up the gain to taste. Turn down the volume as it gets too low. If that doesn't work post a pic of your amp.
>>
>>72568982
this is the exact model
>>
File: 1481959240645.jpg (248KB, 1438x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1481959240645.jpg
248KB, 1438x1079px
>>72568849
Buy pedals and bigger amp, you little Scrooge McJew
>>
>>72569023
oh it's that kind. crank the thing that says over drive and push the button to the right of that knob
>>
>>72568849
Also make sure the volume on your GUITAR is turned all the way up. When I was a teen I spent like weeks with my mate trying to work out how to get a distorted sound. Took us ages to realise that you have to have the guitar volume all the way up and then turn down the amp, rather than having the guitar volume low and boosting it with the amp. The overdrive won't work properly unless your guitar volume is full
>>
>>72568849
1 download Amplitube/POD farm/ReValver
2 plug into your pc
3 you have industry standard amps at your disposal
>>
>>72569423
>plug into your pc
You left out an interface.
>>
>>72569407
IMO you should be able to set up the overdrive/tone you want with your guitar volume at about 6 or 7, if not then you need a different amp or an OD pedal. if you can't get your desired tone without being at 10 all the time then you're wasting half the functionality of the volume knob on your guitar (can only use it to turn down but not to boost for solos etc.)
>>
>>72569764
Yeah we had it at like 2 or 3 when we first started
>>
Good on you OP
I remember my first set up wasn't much better
always remember, despite what some of the music snobs say, it's not the guitar, it's the guitarist
Rock on OP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.